Pickens County Y Race Team

Heal injury (Read 12 times)

tryingtoimprove1

Question for anyone? I have had my heal at the very back where tendon I think attaches burn for 5 months now. In the morning after a run thee day before it is usually worse and stiff. But yesterday I ran about 4 miles and got home only for it to be worse than it has ever been. I am guessing I have pulled the tendon where it attaches to heal. Is there any way to help this to heal up? Not run? Of course I do not like that option. Any help is welcome.

tryingtoimprove1

Yea I spelled heel wrong, dang it! But I am mentioning it now before Josh could poke fun.

Marty, I don't make fun of grammatical mistakes.  I'm just a PE teacher.  But achilles injuries are pretty common!  the podiatrist (sp?) that I went to mentioned the importance of stretching the achilles every day for runners.  Traci knows a good witch doctor that will fix it.

tryingtoimprove1

I have been reading about PF. Everything says the same thing as well as the lady at Fleet Feet. Stretch it, Ice it, stretch it, Ice it, and massage the trigger points. I went to Fleet Feet to buy new shoes and inserts to support the whole thing while I still run. I ran yesterday for the first time with new shoes and inserts, alot better. After run I swam, lifted weights then went home and stretched it and iced it. The next morning not near as much pain as normal. Wish I would have been stretching properly all this time, probably could have avoided this. If I cannot get this better soon I will go to Traci's witch doctor. Hope to see ya'll at easley run this Sat.

pschriver

Plantar Fascitis and Achilles tendonitis are two different issues. Glad to hear it is getting better

tryingtoimprove1

I heard you say you had PF Pete. Where does yours burn, on the back heel? And what are you doing about it?

tweisner

I typed in back of heel pain and all of those things popped up:

Plantar fasciitis

Achilles tendonitis

Stress

Heel spurs

Bursitis

- itri - 

tryingtoimprove1

I might end up going to Dr. Becker

tweisner

I have been reading about PF. Everything says the same thing as well as the lady at Fleet Feet. Stretch it, Ice it, stretch it, Ice it, and massage the trigger points. I went to Fleet Feet to buy new shoes and inserts to support the whole thing while I still run. I ran yesterday for the first time with new shoes and inserts, alot better. After run I swam, lifted weights then went home and stretched it and iced it. The next morning not near as much pain as normal. Wish I would have been stretching properly all this time, probably could have avoided this. If I cannot get this better soon I will go to Traci's witch doctor. Hope to see ya'll at easley run this Sat.

Sounds like you are "on the right path".  Keep it up and see how it goes.  Hope it's good for the 5K tomorrow.

- itri - 

pschriver

I heard you say you had PF Pete. Where does yours burn, on the back heel? And what are you doing about it?

I haven't been ignoring you but my internet has been down at home thanks to Charter's stellar customer support.

I have had Plantar fascitis in both feet now. It was in my left last year but is now better. I suffered with it for about 9 months. I now have it in my right foot. The pain from plantar fascitis is in the base of the foot (the part that contacts the ground. Achilles tendonitis is pain over the tendon between the calf and the heel.

There is a strawberry farmer who moonlights as a doctor here who is better at finding and posting photos. Hopefully he will post one here. When my home internet is back up I will post one