Pickens County Y Race Team

First a goat... (Read 97 times)

ehunter

...then a horse.

So today while riding, I come upon a horse lying on her back with two legs stuck in a fence - she can't get up and is kicking and trying to roll over.  She was panicked and looked like she was going to hurt herself even worse that what she was already.  The fence was wrapped around one of her hind legs and one of her front legs.  Not good at all.

Big difference between helping a 60 pound goat and helping a 1600 pound horse - especially one that is scared and hurt.  I hopped back on my bike and went to look for help.  Just up the road I found 4 men in a pasture actually shoeing some horses and told them what was happening.  They all took off with me back down the road.  Took a bit of work but all ended well. 

tweisner

Do you get nervous before your bike rides wondering what in the world you will stumble upon next?

You should get Josh to start riding with you.  He could video these acts of animal heroism and you could bring back Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

- itri - 

...then a horse.

So today while riding, I come upon a horse lying on her back with two legs stuck in a fence - she can't get up and is kicking and trying to roll over.  She was panicked and looked like she was going to hurt herself even worse that what she was already.  The fence was wrapped around one of her hind legs and one of her front legs.  Not good at all.

Big difference between helping a 60 pound goat and helping a 1600 pound horse - especially one that is scared and hurt.  I hopped back on my bike and went to look for help.  Just up the road I found 4 men in a pasture actually shoeing some horses and told them what was happening.  They all took off with me back down the road.  Took a bit of work but all ended well. 

Eric I think you're onto something.  I'm thinking the new fitness craze could be "ZooFit"  Do you see where i'm heading with this?  People can run and ride bikes around petting zoos and they have to rescue various sized animals from traps, ditches, trees, fences and maybe even poachers.  You start off rescuing bunnies and squirrels and then work your way up to hippos and giraffes.  thoughts?

ehunter

That sounds like a video game...or a reality competiton show.

I've had my share of run in with animals, but this year has been a little weird.  In the past, I have been barely missed by a deer (he passed in front of me within about 2 feet).  I have ran over a muskrat.  I have had a squirrel latch onto my bike shoe. That was a little disconcerting.  I have been chased by geese while running.  Those things are a lot meaner and faster than they look.

That sounds like a video game...or a reality competiton show.

I've had my share of run in with animals, but this year has been a little weird.  In the past, I have been barely missed by a deer (he passed in front of me within about 2 feet).  I have ran over a muskrat.  I have had a squirrel latch onto my bike shoe. That was a little disconcerting.  I have been chased by geese while running.  Those things are a lot meaner and faster than they look.

And don't forget about the time at that youth triathlon when you told those boys that you saw a unicorn and you asked them to go into the woods with you to find it.

You sure were gona a long time...did you ever find it?

ehunter

That just ain't right! 

I did pimp out my tri bike though.