Pickens County Y Race Team

Clemson Sprint Triathlon training group (Read 10 times)

pschriver

https://www.facebook.com/events/523169184407775/

tweisner

Join TYB Coaching and 3 Cross Tri as we preview both the bike course and the run course of the Clemson Sprint Triathlon on

Saturday, May 4th.
      We will meet at the Clemson YMCA, the race site, and then head out to ride the Clemson Bike Course and then come back and run the Clemson Run Course.
      ALL levels are welcome.  Bring your friends! 
      Plan to arrive around 6:45am as we will roll out on the bike at 7:00am!

Awesome, I'm down with that!

- itri - 

pschriver

Probably a good time to swim also. I don't think there is any chance my wife will be willing to go before 9 so there may be a second group for lake risers. If she doesn't  go I will plan on the early group and maybe do it twice

Peter, please put down the HGH and slowly step away.  you were on crutches the other day and now you are going to do the Clemson Sprint training twice?  i'm impressed.  P.S. can you watch my kids and do my grad school papers so that I can train for more than 15 min/day?

pschriver

Peter, please put down the HGH and slowly step away.  you were on crutches the other day and now you are going to do the Clemson Sprint training twice?  i'm impressed.  P.S. can you watch my kids and do my grad school papers so that I can train for more than 15 min/day?

The last thing I need right now is Growth hormone. Theresa already laughs about how easy it is to pick me out of a crowd. It is even worse now that I have dropped out of being a Clydesdale and am now in AG. She said I was about a foot taller than everybody around me in my wave. (Which also included Clydesdale but I let her have her fun)

The plantar fascitis is strange. It can be disabling one day and OK another. Cycling doesn't seem to bother it much.

I must admit, having my son turn old enough to babysit has made a big impact on my free time. You will experience the same thing in 12 years or so.

I did my fair share of post-grad work and am still doing it. It never ends. I would take your test for you but  I doubt it would take long for your professors to figure out you were cheating when your test scores start rising. : )

tweisner

Peter, did you go this morning?  I completely wimped out.  I pulled a "Josh" and did everything indoors.  Pretend bike, pretend run, and pretend swim (compared to the lake).  But at least the swim was in a pool and not on the swim trainer.  I'm giving myself a point for that.  But still in the negative for not braving the elements.  I'm putting off the inevidetable.  May 11 is coming whether I like it or not.  This is teaching me not to put "tag lines" on my post.  They come back to haunt you.

- itri - 

pschriver

No, I didn't go because of the weather. I don't consider it wimping out because I get a much better workout on the trainer than outside anyway. Plus the trainer is much safer. I mostly do my long rides outside due to boredom but my quality rides are inside.

Peter, did you go this morning?  I completely wimped out.  I pulled a "Josh" and did everything indoors.  Pretend bike, pretend run, and pretend swim (compared to the lake).  But at least the swim was in a pool and not on the swim trainer.  I'm giving myself a point for that.  But still in the negative for not braving the elements.  I'm putting off the inevidetable.  May 11 is coming whether I like it or not.  This is teaching me not to put "tag lines" on my post.  They come back to haunt you.

Traci Wussner,

"Josh" was outside all morning 1) helping set up a race  2) doing a fun run with Jayce (1 mile in 11:30!!  and he didn't even walk) 3) running a 5k and 4) doing volunteer work at the Easley Y.   So there!

tweisner

Traci Wussner,

"Josh" was outside all morning 1) helping set up a race  2) doing a fun run with Jayce (1 mile in 11:30!!  and he didn't even walk) 3) running a 5k and 4) doing volunteer work at the Easley Y.   So there!

Well aren't you Mister Community Service.

- itri - 

pschriver

If anyone is interested, I will make one last attempt at an open water swim and bike course preview tomorrow. We can meet at the rowing club site around 5-5:30 PM. WEATHER PERMITTING.