Pickens County Y Race Team

Get together Saturday (Read 186 times)

Are you guys ready for Mac's Speed Shop on Saturday?

Eric, next year we'll try to find a "Mac's Slow & Steady Shop" so you'll feel more at home.

I heard it's a cool place!!

I'm out of town Saturday so I won't make it.  I'm afraid I fall into the "Slow and Steady" catagory too!  I will come to that one!

tweisner

Ready !   Looking forward to the music.

Josh, are you going to visit with your friends at Pedal Chic before heading on down to Mac's?

- itri - 

tweisner

I'm out of town Saturday so I won't make it.  I'm afraid I fall into the "Slow and Steady" catagory too!  I will come to that one!

Is that why the "crock-pot" joke was so funny?

- itri - 

ehunter

Are you guys ready for Mac's Speed Shop on Saturday?

Eric, next year we'll try to find a "Mac's Slow & Steady Shop" so you'll feel more at home.

I heard it's a cool place!!

Aesop:  "Slow and steady wins the race."

Eric:  "Thats a cool phrase you coined there Mr. Aesop.

Aesop:  "Lots of truth to that famous quote of mine."

Eric:   "Especially at Festival of Flowers and Chattanooga Waterfront".

Aesop:  "And usually by 10 to 20 minutes."

Eric:  "Yeah, speed is overrated."

Aesop:  "Josh talks a lot."

Eric:  "Yeah, but he is still kinda likable."

Aesop:  "Um, ok."

Ready !   Looking forward to the music.

Josh, are you going to visit with your friends at Pedal Chic before heading on down to Mac's?

Wow Traci, i hope you didn't hurt your piriformis digging up that old joke!

Aesop:  "Slow and steady wins the race."

Eric:  "Thats a cool phrase you coined there Mr. Aesop.

Aesop:  "Lots of truth to that famous quote of mine."

Eric:   "Especially at Festival of Flowers and Chattanooga Waterfront".

Aesop:  "And usually by 10 to 20 minutes."

Eric:  "Yeah, speed is overrated."

Aesop:  "Josh talks a lot."

Eric:  "Yeah, but he is still kinda likable."

Aesop:  "Um, ok."

Josh:  you ladies must be really impressed with Eric.  He is a really awesome triathlete!

Kristi Hunter:  He's pretty good at swimming and biking i suppose but I can run faster than him.  can I please have your cell phone number?

Josh:  I'm not sure you're a faster runnr than him....maybe about the same.  why do you want my number so bad?

Eric's Mom:  No, she's right... she is slightly faster than him.  Hey can i have your cell number too?  I could use a strong guy like you around the house.

Josh:  Whoa! ladies this is getting a little weird...  I'm just an average guy... nothing to get excited about.  Thank you for inviting me over.  Thank you for the chocolate covered strawberries and green M&M's but I need to get going.  It's been 45 min, so Eric will be back from his 2 mile run soon.  Take Care!!!!

ehunter

Josh:  you ladies must be really impressed with Eric.  He is a really awesome triathlete!

Kristi Hunter:  He's pretty good at swimming and biking i suppose but I can run faster than him.  can I please have your cell phone number?

Josh:  I'm not sure you're a faster runnr than him....maybe about the same.  why do you want my number so bad?

Eric's Mom:  No, she's right... she is slightly faster than him.  Hey can i have your cell number too?  I could use a strong guy like you around the house.

Josh:  Whoa! ladies this is getting a little weird...  I'm just an average guy... nothing to get excited about.  Thank you for inviting me over.  Thank you for the chocolate covered strawberries and green M&M's but I need to get going.  It's been 45 min, so Eric will be back from his 2 mile run soon.  Take Care!!!!

Kristi:  "Ok, you take care too, Josh.  See you later."

Erics Mom:  "Bye Josh.  Nice to see you."

Kristi:  "Pat, what are you laughing at?"

Erics Mom:  "Just watching Josh walk away.  Look - he don't have a butt.  His legs turn into shoulder blades."

Kristi:  "Haaaa, you're right.  Wonder how that happened?  Maybe thats how he runs so fast."

Eric Mom:  "Probably so.  Well, I'm glad he finally left.  Aesop was right - he does talk a lot."

Kristi:  "Yeah, but he is a good guy.  And it was nice to boost his ego a little bit.  He needed it - he has a bit of 'Napolean Complex', but in a weird sexual kinda way."

Erics Mom:  "That makes sense - Kate did say that "their love song" is 'Tiny Dancer'.  They even danced to it at their wedding.  I think that was how Josh prepared her for the honeymoon."

Kristi:  "Ok, you take care too, Josh.  See you later."

Erics Mom:  "Bye Josh.  Nice to see you."

Kristi:  "Pat, what are you laughing at?"

Erics Mom:  "Just watching Josh walk away.  Look - he don't have a butt.  His legs turn into shoulder blades."

Kristi:  "Haaaa, you're right.  Wonder how that happened?  Maybe thats how he runs so fast."

Eric Mom:  "Probably so.  Well, I'm glad he finally left.  Aesop was right - he does talk a lot."

Kristi:  "Yeah, but he is a good guy.  And it was nice to boost his ego a little bit.  He needed it - he has a bit of 'Napolean Complex', but in a weird sexual kinda way."

Erics Mom:  "That makes sense - Kate did say that "their love song" is 'Tiny Dancer'.  They even danced to it at their wedding.  I think that was how Josh prepared her for the honeymoon."

Eric:  Hey MeeMaw, Hey sugar buns, I'm back from my run!

Eric's Mom:  Boy I done told you to stop calling me sugar buns.

Kristi: You've been gone forever, did you have to rescue another farm animal from a fence?

Eric: No, I just ran 2 miles.  While running, I had 6 bottles of water, 12 salt tablets, 8 gu gels, 3 Hammer electrolyte tablets, 2 potassium injections, an 8-hour energy shot, and 3 carbohydrate suppositories.  before I left, I emailed 5 professional triathletes and asked them how I should run the 2 miles and then I took the average of their answers and factored in my resting heart rate.  I feel like it was a perfect training run.

Eric's Mom:  Well slap me and call me susan, back in my day people didn't need the internet or calculators or watches the size of toasters... they just ran as fast as they could.  Hell, your dog had puppies while you were gone and one of your friends came over.  I forget his name but he was singing an Elton John song.

Kristi: His name is Josh.  Josh Castleman.  Josh Castleman from Cater Drive in powdersville.  He is a scorpio.  wait..he's texting me right now!  I'll just step outside for a second.

Eric:  Oh Josh came over? I missed him?  dang it.  Ever since his accident where he lost most of his perfect butt, I haven't seen him very often.

Eric's mom:  accident?  what accident? 

Eric:  Well at the Festival of Flowers triathlon, I was having a lot of trouble on the run so he put me on his shoulders and ran 5 miles, but then a car hit him. 

Kristi:  I have to go away for a couple hours...  I have an appointment.  A doctor's appointment.... I mean I have a meeting...  Eric, don't wait up!

ehunter

Eric:  Hey MeeMaw, Hey sugar buns, I'm back from my run!

Eric's Mom:  Boy I done told you to stop calling me sugar buns.

Kristi: You've been gone forever, did you have to rescue another farm animal from a fence?

Eric: No, I just ran 2 miles.  While running, I had 6 bottles of water, 12 salt tablets, 8 gu gels, 3 Hammer electrolyte tablets, 2 potassium injections, an 8-hour energy shot, and 3 carbohydrate suppositories.  before I left, I emailed 5 professional triathletes and asked them how I should run the 2 miles and then I took the average of their answers and factored in my resting heart rate.  I feel like it was a perfect training run.

Eric's Mom:  Well slap me and call me susan, back in my day people didn't need the internet or calculators or watches the size of toasters... they just ran as fast as they could.  Hell, your dog had puppies while you were gone and one of your friends came over.  I forget his name but he was singing an Elton John song.

Kristi: His name is Josh.  Josh Castleman.  Josh Castleman from Cater Drive in powdersville.  He is a scorpio.  wait..he's texting me right now!  I'll just step outside for a second.

Eric:  Oh Josh came over? I missed him?  dang it.  Ever since his accident where he lost most of his perfect butt, I haven't seen him very often.

Eric's mom:  accident?  what accident? 

Eric:  Well at the Festival of Flowers triathlon, I was having a lot of trouble on the run so he put me on his shoulders and ran 5 miles, but then a car hit him. 

Kristi:  I have to go away for a couple hours...  I have an appointment.  A doctor's appointment.... I mean I have a meeting...  Eric, don't wait up!

Phone:  "ringgggg, ringggggg, ringgggg...."

Eric:  "Kristi - its for you.  Its Kate Castleman."

Kristi:  "Hello.  Oh, Hey Kate.  How are you?"

Kate:  "I'm ok.  I just wanted you to know I saw the text that Josh sent you."

Kristi:  "You did?"

Kate: "I did.  Its ok.  I just want you to know that you're wasting your time."

Kristi:  "Why is that?"

Kate:  "Well, ever since Josh had his accident and lost his butt, well - how can I say this...it effected other areas as well."

Kristi:  "Such as?"

Kate:  "Well, have you ever sat on a hairy and lifeless squirrel?"

Kristi:  "Ummmm, can't say that I have."

Kate:  "Then I'd recommend just staying home and ignoring the text messages."

Kristi:  "Sounds like a good idea."

Kate:  "While we're talking, I need to apologize for Eric having to go to the ER."

Kristi:  "The ER?  When was that?"

Kate:  "Last week.  Let me explain.  Have you seen that commercial that warns you about 'after 4 hours, you should immediately be seen by a doctor'?"

Kristi:  "No."

Kate:  "Oh, ok.  Well....nevermind."

tweisner

Eric: No, I just ran 2 miles.  While running, I had 6 bottles of water, 12 salt tablets, 8 gu gels, 3 Hammer electrolyte tablets, 2 potassium injections, an 8-hour energy shot, and 3 carbohydrate suppositories.  before I left, I emailed 5 professional triathletes and asked them how I should run the 2 miles and then I took the average of their answers and factored in my resting heart rate.  I feel like it was a perfect training run.

Josh - You get 75 points for that!  H-Y-S-T-E-R-I-C-A-L   However, YOU would have done all that on the TREADMILL !

- itri - 

pschriver

I hate when people talk on the phone while were having a serious discussion

Phone:  "ringgggg, ringggggg, ringgggg...."

Eric:  "Kristi - its for you.  Its Kate Castleman."

Kristi:  "Hello.  Oh, Hey Kate.  How are you?"

Kate:  "I'm ok.  I just wanted you to know I saw the text that Josh sent you."

Kristi:  "You did?"

Kate: "I did.  Its ok.  I just want you to know that you're wasting your time."

Kristi:  "Why is that?"

Kate:  "Well, ever since Josh had his accident and lost his butt, well - how can I say this...it effected other areas as well."

Kristi:  "Such as?"

Kate:  "Well, have you ever sat on a hairy and lifeless squirrel?"

Kristi:  "Ummmm, can't say that I have."

Kate:  "Then I'd recommend just staying home and ignoring the text messages."

Kristi:  "Sounds like a good idea."

Kate:  "While we're talking, I need to apologize for Eric having to go to the ER."

Kristi:  "The ER?  When was that?"

Kate:  "Last week.  Let me explain.  Have you seen that commercial that warns you about 'after 4 hours, you should immediately be seen by a doctor'?"

Kristi:  "No."

Kate:  "Oh, ok.  Well....nevermind."

At the E.R.......

Eric:  Can somebody please help me???

Dr. Schriver: Oh my goodness, this man has lost half of his reproductive organ, I need my instruments STAT!

Eric:  No I didn't!!!!  it's all there.

Dr. Schriver:  You're kidding.

Eric:  No, I'm serious....

Dr. Schriver:  Let me guess....you drive a big truck don't you?

Eric:  ummm yes

Dr. Schriver:  and I'm betting that you put Ironman stickers all over it?

Dr. Schriver:  Listen Mr. Hunter... I see why you took so many of those blue pills.  Go ahead and get dressed and I'll refer you to someone who can help you.

Eric's Mom:  Here you go sweetie, here's your tighty whities...  Hey chin up cowboy!  (starts singing): The sun will come out... tomorrow...

ehunter

At the E.R.......

Eric:  Can somebody please help me???

Dr. Schriver: Oh my goodness, this man has lost half of his reproductive organ, I need my instruments STAT!

Eric:  No I didn't!!!!  it's all there.

Dr. Schriver:  You're kidding.

Eric:  No, I'm serious....

Dr. Schriver:  Let me guess....you drive a big truck don't you?

Dr. Schriver:  and I'm betting that you put Ironman stickers all over it?

Dr. Schriver:  Listen Mr. Hunter... I see why you took so many of those blue pills.  Go ahead and get dressed and I'll refer you to someone who can help you.

Eric's Mom:  Here you go sweetie, here's your tighty whities...  Hey chin up cowboy!  (starts singing): The sun will come out... tomorrow...

Lol...Best post yet - I have laughed and laughed at this - my eyes are watering. 

As much as I want to keep going with this, I'm throwing in the towel.  Holding up the white flag.

You win.

haha...  I had to pull out all the stops after your previous one.  I was laughing at yours all day today at work.  i think i read it 7 times.