Pickens County Y Race Team

SWimming video session (Read 5 times)

pschriver

We need to look for a good time to do a swim video session with underwater video. I'm thinking a Sat morning during the 9:00 swim. If there is any interest, let me know.

Would that be for looking at technique?  Who would do the critique?

Lori

pschriver

Yes, it is mostly for technique. All of us do really goofy things during are stroke and video makes them blatantly obvious. A good swim coach can spot the faults quickly. Once you identify the problems, drills will help with correction. We will find a good coach to help analyze.

I would be interested, just do it on a saturday that I'm off.  ( however I don't really want to see how I look under water on camera because the camera adds 10 lbs as well as water magnifying everything)  Cindy might be interested too.

I wonder if we could do this for cycling and running as well.  I'd be interested to know if I have my seat in the correct position/how my hip angle is, or even if my bike is correctly fitted for me.  I've never had it adjusted since I bought it.  The seat is in exactly the same position and so are the handle bars.

Lori

pschriver

You don't really need video for a bike fitting. You just need to set up an appointment with a good bike fitter and plan to spend 2-3 hours of hard pedaling on a trainer.

The value of videoing your running is questionable also. I think you would be better off spending a weekend at the FIRST clinic and letting them watch you run.

tweisner

I would do the swimming video session.

- itri - 

tweisner

Do we need to schedule a time for the swimming video session?  And any thoughts on who we would get to analyze?

- itri - 

pschriver

Do we need to schedule a time for the swimming video session?  And any thoughts on who we would get to analyze?

It turns out it might be a little tougher to arrange than I originally thought. Apparently the equipment is owned by the swim team. Branden and Ryan are working on it

tweisner

Ok, I asked because Jared was telling me about a guy named Mark Sharp that would video and analyze swimming for $40.  He is thinking of doing that.  So I was just curious.

- itri - 

pschriver

It might be worth getting a group together. I haven't given up on the Y but I have lost optimism.

Traci are you getting together with Jared to have an analysis?  Maybe that guy could come to the Y to do it.

Lori

tweisner

I think I know what someone would tell me in an analysis.  If I moved forward with my swimming, I need to swim more and work with a coach if I wanted to spend my money on that.

- itri -