Pickens County Y Race Team

Pickle juice and other last minute race suggestions (Read 98 times)

Prepping for b2b. Checking the check list... last minute recommendations? Theories on pickle juicing?
    ehunter

Yep, you're pregnant.

pschriver

FWIW,

In well done, controlled studies pickle juice was the only thing that was able to relieve cramps when compared to other remedies,  glucose or electrolytes. I don't think there would be any benefit to drinking pickle juice on the course. Just come up with a reasonable nutritional plan. Practice it several times before the race. I wouldn't try any 'super supplement" or magic pill or gel the day of the race. It is more likely to hurt than help. 

My prewash:)

I have used pickle juice but is was as a chaser for Crown.  I believe it is called an Easley slut but I wouldn't recommend that being pregnant or before a raceSmile

I love ya and hope you have an awesome race for the 2 of you!!!!

"Carpe Diem"

I have used pickle juice but is was as a chaser for Crown.  I believe it is called an Easley slut but I wouldn't recommend that being pregnant or before a raceSmile

W O W!   And the Post of the Year Award goes to Marla.  I used to think i was cool.  then I read this.  now I realize that Marla is much cooler and I want to hang out with her.

ehunter

That is too funny!

pschriver

Thanks for clearing this up, I always thought the difference between an Easley Slut and a Walhalla Slut was teeth. Now I realize it's pickle juice.