Pickens County Y Race Team

Turf toe (Read 7 times)

Does anyone have any suggestions to help turf toe ? (other than taking time off from running)

Lori

tweisner

Talk to C.J. Spiller.

Guess we're leaving this one to Peter.  I'd never heard of turf toe til CJ Spiller had it during football season on year.  I hear its painful.

- itri - 

Yeah I wish !!

Lori

pschriver

You can "Buddy Split" by taping it to the second toe. If it is bad, an orthotic is a good option. If it is really bad you can use an air cast. I would try a buddy splint and keep running

Thx I think damage was done wearing the newtons

Lori

pschriver

I thought you had given up on the Newtons? If it is any consolation, I bought a pair of shoes that I just can't wear either.

I did give them up but only after I wore holes in them -I have brooks now but I think the sole may still be too flexible

Lori

tweisner

What's the latest on the turf toe?  You don't really have that do you?

- itri - 

It's better I've been taping it and leaving it taped - I'm not sure if I really have it but nurses are known to self diagnose lol I think the next pair of shoes will have to have a less flexible sole

Lori

tweisner

Why would it be the flexible sole and not the toe box?  Maybe you need a bigger size shoe.  I wear a 71/2 or 8 dress shoe and a 91/2 running shoe.

- itri - 

Maybe- I wear size 7, but these are 8. If the shoe is too flexible then the big toe risks hyperextension and strains those ligaments

Lori

tweisner

Maybe- I wear size 7, but these are 8. If the shoe is too flexible then the big toe risks hyperextension and strains those ligaments

Ok. I'll buy that.  But if you get a new shoe with a less flexible sole I would try on the 81/2 before you make a decision.  Especially in the Brooks.

- itri -