Pickens County Y Race Team

race in FL? (Read 10 times)

dear YRT,

Would any of you like to come participate in this race?

http://www.draftlegalchallenge.com/

(by the way, they have a non-draft legal event too)

It is organized by jarrod shoemaker (olympic triathlete who also lives in clermont) and it seems to be an olympic qualifying race.  anyway, there are some big time athletes that do it.

Also, i can't believe how many pros are living/training around here.  it's very motivational!

Anyone who wants to stay at my house is welcome.

Randy Parks was here today!  His family went to Universal Studios which is 35 min away.  He and Casey stopped by and we went for a jog then went to dinner.

P.S. from what I hear, there are tons of races throughout the summer  there is also a free 5k every saturday morning.  so keep it in mind and just know you have a place to stay.

also, here is another site to keep an eye on for events:

http://sommersports.com/

AJasso

There's alot of races near you guys!!  Kate asked me about come for Lake Minneola on 4/26.... Still thinking about it...

tweisner

Josh, let us know how your race went.

- itri - 

Josh, let us know how your race went.

well, it was an olympic distance:

1500m swim: 23:36 (wetsuit legal)

40k bike: 1:10:59

10k run: 46:30

It was a fun race.  300 people.  and it was tough--it was more than i've done in training in a long time!  my favorite part was being able to walk home

pschriver

Josh, that is a great swim time. Was it current aided or are you getting that much faster? Overall that is a great time.

Josh, that is a great swim time. Was it current aided or are you getting that much faster? Overall that is a great time.

thanks!  it was in a lake, so no current.  but the lake does have alligators, so that makes me swim faster.  I'd say my swimming has improved just a little, but the wetsuit is the main difference maker.  actually, now that I think about it....the water is very shallow. so we actually ran about 25 yards before diving in.  and we ran out too.  so that probably helped my time a lot.

tweisner

Dog Gone It - my swim time at Clemson last year was 21:27 (750m).

wow - that puts your swim time in perspective for me!

- itri -