Pickens County Y Race Team

New to the group (Read 11 times)

trigurl

Hey all.  I'm new to the group but not new to racing.  I enjoy running, especially trail races, and started doing triathlon a few years ago. I'm hoping to find some training groups.  I rode with you guys last year on the Memorial Day ride that Peter organised.  He invited a group of us to come along.  I enjoyed that and hope more is planned.

pschriver

Welcome to the group. We have a "masters type" swim sessions on Sat at 9 am. Assuming the weather is as nice as predicted, I will do at least a 20 mile loop on my bike following the swim session

trigurl

excellent.  swimming is a weakness of mine.

tweisner

Welcome Trigurl,

Based on your post of Peter in the swim cap, it looks like you are going to fit in fine around here.  That was great.  I rode last year on that Memorial Day ride.  It was a great ride and we have talked of doing that one again this year.  That was the first time I had ever ridden over 30 miles and I thought the ride would never end.  There are opportunities to get in on some group things.  Peter mentioned the swimming at 9am on Saturdays.  Also, this Saturday Feb 1) there is a group leaving from the Easley Publix at 7:30am for an 8-10 mile run.  You are welcome to join in.  As a matter of fact, anyone can join in if you'd like.

- itri -