Pickens County Y Race Team

Greenville News Run Downtown 5k (Read 51 times)

pschriver

http://run.greenvilleonline.biz/

It looks like Josh and Traci are both doing this race this year. This is a big race and usually has around 2,000 people. It is one of my favourite 5ks, In previous years the weather has been very chilly. I won't be doing it this year because it doesn't fit into my training schedule

ehunter

Gonna try to coax Ryan into doing it.

tweisner

Other YRT members I saw signed up were Tony Sorrels and Alan Schaff.

- itri - 

pschriver

Good luck to everybody doing the race tomorrow. Weather looks a lot better than usual.

tweisner

Thanks, Peter.  This I know... no matter what, I'm gonna have a great time!  Can't wait to run!!!!

- itri - 

tweisner

Runners participate in 34th annual Greenville News Run Downtown 5K on Saturday morning, Jan. 19, 2013.

- itri - 

tweisner

Runners participate in 34th annual Greenville News Run Downtown 5K on Saturday morning, Jan. 19, 2013.

- itri - 

tweisner

- itri - 

tweisner

Little Bird does Greenville News Downtown 5K

- itri - 

So seriously impressed!

Josh...Dude, you're running in the stratosphere. How's the oxygen level waaaaay up there?  I'm having major jealously issues.

I hate running pics! especially when you're behind people that are much older than you are.  And yes, both those guys beat me!

61 1442 JUERGEN ZIEGLER  00:18:58.1  00:18:59.7 6:07 49 M BMW SIMPSONVILLE SC
                        62 916 SCOTT MURR  00:18:55.3  00:18:59.9 6:07 51 M Furman GREENVILLE SC
                        63 213 JOSH CASTLEMAN  00:18:58.5  00:19:01.4 6:08 37 M YMCA Race Team EASLEY SC
                        ehunter

Losing to Scott Murr, the 51 year old, isn't anything to be ashamed of - especially when it was mere seconds....except that he beat you while wearing crooked glasses.  That pic of him was funny.

Seriously, you were in the middle of fast company.  Excellent race and amazing time - dang, 6:08 pace - thats just freakin' fast.  Congrats again.

I hate running pics! especially when you're behind people that are much older than you are.  And yes, both those guys beat me!

63 213 JOSH CASTLEMAN  00:18:58.5  00:19:01.4 6:08 37 M YMCA Race Team EASLEY SC
                          pschriver

Josh, I'm sure you know Scott Murr's biography but,

Scott Murr is a 25 year veteran in the sport of triathlon and has been running marathons even longer.  Scott did his first marathon in 1982, his first triathlon in 1984 and his first ironman distance race in 1988.  From marathons to cycling centuries to triathlons, Scott has competed in over 300 endurance events.  Having competed in Ironman Europe, Ironman Canada, Ironman USA, and the Ironman Triathlon World Championship in Kona Hawaii, Scott is a 12 time Ironman Triathlon finisher.  Scott currently serves as the advisor to the Furman Triathlon Club.  Scott is a contributing writer to GO magazine, the local fitness magazine.  Scott is the Training Performance Director of the Furman Institute of Running and Scientific Training (FIRST).

You are running with elite competition. A little more consistency in your training and they will be trying to keep up with you

tweisner

Let's choose to see that as a positive - getting older doesn't mean getting slower.  Go for it!

- itri - 

He would be super to have come do a clinic!! And maybe Josh and Schave can have a showdown!