Pickens County Y Race Team

Swamp rabbit tri (Read 8 times)

Anyone else doing srt?  We should do a few rides / swims before... it's coming up fast!

Lori

pschriver

Every Sat. The swim is at 9 and the bike at 10. I missed the swim yesterday but had a small group of 1 for the ride.  Hopefully next week we can do a swim, bike and run.

pschriver

Won't happem for me this weekend. I have to take a CWP with my wife. PM if any interest. We will do the Bakery ride instead on Sun. Don't worry, I will get my mileage in this week.

i cant either-working; but i can ride during week mon-wed (am) if anyone wants to (next week).

Lori

atripp71

me and my hubby are doing swamp rabbitt tri. yes  would like some swim and bike on saturdays

Anyone else doing srt?  We should do a few rides / swims before... it's coming up fast!

pschriver

I would be willing to ride early on Sat 7 am, if there is any interest. I would leave from the Y and do the 18 mile loop. I might swim or run after but would leave in time for class.

I have had an accident this week involving a fall...some how injured my shoulder and I don't have full range of motion and it hurts to breathe lol.  I've tried ibuprofen and tylenol but I don't know if I will be able to swim so I havent registered yet for the srt.  Has anyone else had this type of injury?  I fell with that arm outstretched/ landed on elbow, and then the next day when I was running had sharp pain under my collar bone and into my scapular area that worsens when I breathe/cough/laugh.  I need suggestions for healing because otherwise I'm going to overdose on ibuprofen to be able to race lol.

Lori

tweisner

There is probably just one person who can give you advice on that.

Sorry to hear about your fall.  Hope it gets better real quick.

- itri - 

atripp71

is anyone swimming /riding tomorrow at pickens y?

pschriver

is anyone swimming /riding tomorrow at pickens y?

Sorry I missed this but I did the Fabulous 4th on Fri and didn't make the Sat Swim/bike. I won't make next week either do to the race.

I have had an accident this week involving a fall...some how injured my shoulder and I don't have full range of motion and it hurts to breathe lol.  I've tried ibuprofen and tylenol but I don't know if I will be able to swim so I havent registered yet for the srt.  Has anyone else had this type of injury?  I fell with that arm outstretched/ landed on elbow, and then the next day when I was running had sharp pain under my collar bone and into my scapular area that worsens when I breathe/cough/laugh.  I need suggestions for healing because otherwise I'm going to overdose on ibuprofen to be able to race lol.

i just saw this..  Lori, are you doing any better?  When i did my 1st trail run (at paris mtn) i tripped on a rock and fell and did something similar--landed on my outstretched arm and did something to my shoulder/rotator cuff.  It hurt for almost a year and still isn't 100%.  It hurt most when it was extended above my head (especially trying to sleep).  I hope you recover ok!!

Thanks it still hurts like crazy especially when I breathe deep (running/biking/swimming/laughing/coughing) all the way through my chest . It's weird . I almost feel like I can't breathe - which sucks bc I really wanted to compete this weekend.  hopefully it will go away soon! But if you still compete with yours then there is hope Smile

Lori

pschriver

Like Josh said, falling on an outstretched are is classic for a rotator cuff injury. I had a similar injury a few years ago while skiing. I wasn't able to swim 100 meters. I saw an ortho guy who suggested surgery or rehab. I decided on rehab. My shoulder still hurts during hard training efforts but so does my other shoulder, knees, back, thighs, feet and buttocks.

Look on the bright side, at least you have a good excuse when your time is slower than mine this weekend.

Well if it's not better by tuesday I'll have to wait till Greenville tri to smash you.  I can bearly run a twelve min mile at this point due to breathing and I tried swimming but I couldn't even get my arm over my head to pull.

Lori

pschriver

FWIW, I was beaten by a guy with one arm a couple of years ago. No matter how bad it gets, it can always get worse. Hoping for a fast recovery but it took about a year for my shoulder to be tolerable. Gentle rehab is the best treatment.