Running-Wizard

Maintaining Fitness? (Read 33 times)

RunSaintRun

Hi,

My 5K goal race is 6/1, just around the corner?  What is the best way to maintain the fitness I have gained and how long can I expect to maintain it before I need a break? 50 years young!

Dave

zonykel

check the thread titled

Countdown - It's race time!

look for page 2. There is a post by Nobby on alternating weeks between racing and non-racing after achieving your peak.

RunSaintRun

Thanks!

Happy

Hi,

My 5K goal race is 6/1, just around the corner?  What is the best way to maintain the fitness I have gained and how long can I expect to maintain it before I need a break? 50 years young!

Dave

Dave,

May I add your goal race to the RW race chart?

Let me know: name of race, goal time, previous PR time, and any other info you care to share, and I'll add it to the chart. (It's at the beginning of the "sticky" post in this forum.)

Best of luck!

Bob

"Strawberry cheesecake is my absolute favorite thing to eat after a marathon."  -- Meb Keflezighi

RunSaintRun

Dave,

May I add your goal race to the RW race chart?

Let me know: name of race, goal time, previous PR time, and any other info you care to share, and I'll add it to the chart. (It's at the beginning of the "sticky" post in this forum.)

Best of luck!

Bob

Bob,

The name of the race is "Race to the Villa 5K'. Good question about the goal time. I actually PR'd in a 5K race 4 weeks ago with a time of 21:28.  No idea what I should shoot for now in the 5K. I had a 1500m time trial today and I thought it would be a relatively easy run but I struggled @ a 6:30 pace.  I would be extremely happy to break 21:00 So let's call that my new goal time!!! I hope it's not unrealistic but we shall soon find out!!!

Thanks,

Dave