Running-Wizard

How do you track your sleep? (Read 30 times)

I turned off the light at 9:15, and got up at 5:45. I did not get 8.5 hrs of sleep, however. It took a while to drift off, I woke up around 11:00 when the dog barked at something and again took a while to drift off, then a storm rolled in around 3:30, which frightened the dog who finds comfort in clawing my head. I logged it as 5.5 hrs, but that's really a guess; I figure an hour to get to sleep and an hour for each interruption.

How do you sleep loggers log your sleep?

About the same way, note down my in bed by and out of bed time times, but kind of estimate if I and wake ip in the middle of the night. Good nights sleep without interruptions, I will mark down the total time I was in bed as sleep time, but a night where I tossed and turned and my preschooler had me in and out of bed because of a storm, and I'll subtract some time... in my best guess

Bacon Party!

Sounds about right.

Most important, I think, is to be consistent in how you log it - the point being to spot trends over time.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Hungry

Sounds about right.

Most important, I think, is to be consistent in how you log it - the point being to spot trends over time.

Ditto. I tend to go to sleep about the same time each night, and get up about the same time each morning, so I start with 6.5 and adjust up or down (lately down) depending on interruptions (dog, kid, etc.) and/or snooze alarm.  The trends are key.