Seattle Runners

Good luck TCM runners! (Read 10 times)

DennisF6

Looks like you will have awesome weather!  Maybe a bit warm but shouldn't be too bad in the morning.  Just run it in less than 3 hours and you will definitely avoid the warm part of the day!

Unfortunately it's going to take me longer since I'm the 5-hour pacer; oh well!

DennisF6

So how did it go EDRW?

(I was signed up for this one and had to DNS due to injury.  Reading race reports is about all I have...)

I remember that someone else was going for a BQ on this.  Did you get it?

It was a hot one!  We unfortunately started without our pacer signs (they had been left at the hotel), so I think a lot of people who were hoping for 5 hours went out too fast (since it wasn't obvious I was pacing).  But we picked them up at Memorial Park about 4 miles in and I had a group hang with me.  However, as the day wore on and the heat got more intense, lots of people slowed.  Once we got down on to Ruston Way (about 20 miles in) I heard a lot of swearing as I passed people Undecided  But I did hear from a few folks that I helped them out, which is nice.  I also can't say this course is any easier than the old one; there were a lot of sneaky little hills!