Thyroid Q and A or Running Hot and Cold

I had no idea this group existed! (Read 181 times)

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I just noticed it in someones sig line. Very cool. I'm hypo - recently diagnosed and still trying to adjust meds. I will poke around a bit and see what I can find around here!

-Erica

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Hey Erica! I used to live in Derby, and got to visit Lawrence - but that was a looooong time ago!

How did you get into Demolition Derby? That is so awesome!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

Top 'O the World!

Howdy Erica!  Hope all goes well with you!
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Hi Cindy! Thank you!!!! I hope you are feeling good! I was surprised to see some of the people who had posted on here that have had thyroid issues...there are quite a few.

Cheneille - I don't really drive demo derby cars...it was a bit of a joke as I totalled (and rolled) two vehicles in a very short period of time last summer!

I have been through Derby a few times, my best friend lives in Haysville!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

HappyFeat

I just want to say Hi and Welcome, Erica  It's a slow and often frustrating process trying to get thyroid issues "normalized." It's a huge help having this group as a sounding board. (Cheryl is a walking encyclopedia on the topic.)  If you a good rapport with your doctor and if she's smart, I think  you can come to an understanding about what level TSH you feel good at.  It does take varying amounts of  time for your body to adjust to dose changes, sometimes longer or shorter than at other times; so be prepared for that. 

Also, this is basic and I probably don't need to mention it, but be sure to separate your thyroid pill from any mineral,  fiber, or soy supplements by 4 hours.  

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.