Thyroid Q and A or Running Hot and Cold

A Cure for Thyroid Disease? (Read 206 times)

sweetater

I may be dreaming here, but I feel as if there has to be something I can do to "fix" my thyroid. Yes taking a single pill once a day for the rest of my life isn't that much of a hassle, but really, has anyone heard of a cure? Let me introduce myself for a moment.

I'm 24 and am training for my first full marathon. I did my first half last year and it was wonderful. I've always been a runner but just recently started racing for fun. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (hashimoto's) about 12 years ago. Both of my parents have it. For the most part I have kept it under control. I take a relatively small dosage every day and I see an endocrinologist yearly to monitor it. But I can't help wanting more. Perhaps I am being a little greedy or ungrateful, but as common as thyroid disease is you would think they'd have a cure for it by now! Other than thyroid disease I am as healthy as a horse so maybe it's just odd to hear myself say that I have a "disease".

Does anyone know anything about a cure, or at least something that could make thyroid disease better? I read something about coconut milk once, but it was inconclusive.

Interesting group by the way! Hello fellow runners! :-) 

Hi and welcome! Cure - I wish. It is a very frustrating disease. On the positive side, staying in control most of the time is awesome.  When are you running your marathon and which one is it?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group