Thyroid Q and A or Running Hot and Cold

Hi Everyone (Read 357 times)

Welcome to the members who have recently joined Smile Please feel free to let us know how you are doing, or if you have any questions. It's been pretty quiet, so I hope that means that everyone is doing well. Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

Sweet, new members!! Welcome! I got a clean bill of health last week!! The cortisol test from the 24 hr urine was normal. Since all thyroid hormones are normal, the uptake scan was normal, and I feel pretty good, the doctor has decided to ignore the low TSH number for now. She doesn't want to test me again until September unless I start having more symptoms again. Still no idea what would have cuased me to go from consistently hypo to normal, but she says I'm fine now, so that's a good thing Smile
        Yay!!!! So glad to hear all those tests were OK!!!! Yeah, who cares why as long as you are good now and stay that way!!!! I'm still not 100% - but feeling relatively stable - and that is such a huge change that I'll take it. My T4 has started drifting up, but my T3 is stable - since I just changed doses of HRT, we are going to just watch what happens - no labs until May, unless I feel like I'm having problems.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

That is very good news Cheryl!!
          HappyFeat

I'm glad you're both doing well right now. I can't seem to get to a good place yet. One dose is too low, but the next increment up gives me hyperthyroid symptoms. The latest direction is to take the higher dose, but skip every 6 and/or 7th day. Look forward to starting that tomorrow. Once I'm on a stable routine for 4 weeks, I'll get lab work done. Just heading out the door from work - plan on running - but that has been sucky lately due to all this. I had one good 5-miler last week when I was feeling hyperthyroid, otherwise I can barely hang on beyond 2 or 3 miles. I try to remind myself that this is only temporary and I'll be running strong again eventually.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

You sound like me - at one point I was taking 112 mcg 5 days a week, and 100 mcg on the weekend - my body didn't like that, and I would get "drops" - I had to space the 100's every 3 days to get it to work. PITA to keep track of the doses. You might want to think about alternating different doses to get to your "sweet spot" levels. The worst thing about getting regulated, is that it takes soooooo long to get to a steady state once you alter your dose. Hang in there, sounds like you are close.

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

HappyFeat

I will keep that in mind - about alternating the doses. After my experience so far, my gut feeling is that probably would work better for me than simply skipping a day of the higher dose. As always, I appreciate your input SO much and wish you well. ((hugs))

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.