Thyroid Q and A or Running Hot and Cold

6 month status (Read 498 times)

Kate - here is a link from a forum I found that has a number of good links to browse as well one in particular that I have found helpful is good hormone health after seeing this iron supplement pop up from time to time, and there is a runner on this board (not hypo, just anemia problems) that was very pleased with Floradix - I've decided to try this to raise my own ferritn levels - I'm shooting for around 70. I just had my levels drawn this morning so I would know where I was starting from. I've been taking a multivit with iron for 4 months, but I don't think it has helped a great deal. This product is not supposed to have problems with nausea and constipation that so many other iron products seem to have. I would also advise against any time release iron supplement - we have to space iron supplements at least 2 hours ( I'm going with 4 hours) away from when you take your thyroid supplement. I have heard of people having interference with their thyroid doses when taking the time released products.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

HappyFeat

OK- got the result over the phone. I will have to pick up the full report at the office. My doc is pleased with the thyroid test---.4, but the test still continues to show iron-deficiency anemia. *********************************************************** Just wondering whether you also take Vitamin B-12? When I was anemic a couple years ago, I had to take B-12 along with the iron supplement to turn it around. I still take the B-12 because once I found out about it I realized I should be taking it daily since I'm vegetarian. MTA: How do you do this so your Quote and your Reply are in two separate boxes?

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.