Thyroid Q and A or Running Hot and Cold

mind fog (Read 272 times)

runngirl

I just found out that I was hypothyroid. My TSH was 6.5 

I actually went to be tested because my calcium level and pth level are both high.

That's when they found my TSH high as well. I cannot get in to see a endocrinologist until August.

But my question is, I have tried levothyroxine and synthroid and disliked them both. I am no trying armor thryoid and it seems to be some better...but this is only day two. My complaint with all 3 of these drugs is that I don't seem to think as clearly when I take them and.... running , although not a lot more difficult, does seem a little harder. Will this go away ? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I am interested to see everyone else's answers, b/c I had the opposite experience. When I went on Levoxyl I finally got rid of the brain fog and lethargy that I had with a high TSH.

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Did either of the previous drugs lower your TSH to a reasonable level? Like Shaunna, I too felt the fog lift after being treated for a few months. My TSH leveled out just under 3 on 75mcg of levothyroxin and just recently (finally) got my doc to agree to 88mcg daily to see if I can get rid of the sluggishness!

Good luck with the new meds - give it time.

MTA: you really won't be able to tell a thing after 2 days of thyroid meds they have a short half life so it takes several weeks (maybe more) to really see the full affect.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Before I used the Euthyrox my head was all foggy . I had problems with concentrating.

About 6 weeks after I started the medication I suddenly realized that the foggy feeling was gone. It felt like the curtains had finally opened again.

Nowadays I need to change my medication every March and September. (When it is colder I need a little more Euthyrox.) The first 6 weeks after the medication changes are always bad. I'm moody, tired quickly and the running is hard.

One more week to go and those 6 weeks are over and I'll be back to normal again. Just in time for my first half marathon of this year on April 16th.

Corinne

Today is another beautiful day