Trailer Trash

The Real Thursday (12/18/14) (Read 31 times)

LB2

Hard and fast 5 miler through the woods last night. It was pretty amazing.

QOTD: If you could have any celebrity on your crew during a 100 mile trail race, who would it be?

Gary Busey. I think he could add something to the late miles that would be funny.

LB2

runtraildc

4 or 5 miles and yoga class today.   I got in 6 last night, several of which in the park that soon will be closed at night for deer mgmt.  It's much needed, but I'm going to have to adjust my routes during swim practice.

qotd:  George Clooney.  Might be predictable, but he's got everything.  Eye candy, brains and humor.  Seems to enjoy a good party, too.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Still resting.  Foot still hurts when I press on top of it, but I can walk, so I will walk.

QOTD: Haha!  I am really out of touch with pop culture and celebrities, but I'm going to go with Ellen Degeneres.  She cracks me up and I bet she could come up with a bunch of hilariously inspirational things to keep me going.

And I'll take George Clooney after runtrail is done with him. 

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

12 miles this morning. I did 6 on the road, followed by a core workout at the gym. After that, I came home and grabbed the puppy for some much needed mountain miles. With all my travel, we hadn't run together for 2 weeks. It was awesome.

QOTD: Will Ferrell. That would be epic.

The pooch and I had another great 4 mile trail run this beautiful morning.

QOTD: I got nothing on that one.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

QOTD: Will Ferrell. That would be epic.

I forgot about him. That would be a good time.

LB2

Daydreamer1

This month is soon going to be a total loss for me as far as running goes. I had planned on getting up on the mountain today but again too many things came up, so It will most likely be  a short run here around the house.

QOTD:  Almost no clue who I'd want really.  The best I could come up without thinking about it for several hours would be Harrison Ford. But that would have to be during a true adventure run.  I really suck when it comes to knowing stuff about movies and TV shows.

AT-runner

Tim

At a conference at NIH. Only two talks I wanted to hear so slipped out for 8 miles on Rock Creek Trail.  Nice run. Haven't been on it in years.

QOTD -  Less Stroud the Survivorman would be good. Otherwise Bill Murray.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Some core, stretching, and elliptical  this morning. If I get off at a decent time maybe a run though the plan is for intervals early tomorrow so resting may be the smart option.

QOTD--Duh!!  Kate Upton of course. Brains are overrated.

runtraildc

My favorite trails!  (and a big surprise to many visitors that there's wilderness smack dab in the middle of DC).  Ok, I use 'wilderness' loosely, but it is such a beautiful, natural park with great trails in a dense forest.

Did you run Western Ridge Trail, then back up Valley or along the creek?   That always makes for a good loop, of varying distances.

At a conference at NIH. Only two talks I wanted to hear so slipped out for 8 miles on Rock Creek Trail.  Nice run. Haven't been on it in years.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD--Duh!!  Kate Upton of course. Brains are overrated.

Of all the beautiful women in the world, you chose Kate Upton? 

Running is dumb.

Watoni

Did a few before the work party last night -- was home with a sick child (fever) all day yesterday so I just stopped into the party for a bit. I learned some shoe/sock combos are much easier on my Achilles for now.

I want to do a run with a real sustained climb (about three miles up) this pm.

QOTD: I would have said Robin Williams until recently .... maybe Reese Witherspoon would hike with me after her performance in Wild Wink

AT-runner

Tim

My favorite trails!  (and a big surprise to many visitors that there's wilderness smack dab in the middle of DC).  Ok, I use 'wilderness' loosely, but it is such a beautiful, natural park with great trails in a dense forest.

Did you run Western Ridge Trail, then back up Valley or along the creek?   That always makes for a good loop, of varying distances.

Ran on the feeder trail (not sure if it's still called Bethesda Trolley Trail)  past construction on Cedar Rd. to the RC trail towards DC for out and back.  I grew up in Rockville but it's been years since I've been along Rock Creek.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did anyone else go back and forth trying to find the real Thursdays...

I don't know yet...but did I mention I have a new dog so I have been walking him and Earl twice a day as that is the only time Earl stops thinking about killing the new guy, Jack.    Also because Earl has been limping I want to give him some time off.

QOTD:  Dam I wanted George!!!  I like Will Ferrell too especially when he is streaking.

Mtwarden:  He gave the starbucks card to me. 

The new guy Jack..

New Family Member

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Of all the beautiful women in the world, you chose Kate Upton? 

Well I was driving and I am somewhat brain dead myself. I suppose I could have said that there other Kate,  you know the one that is heir to the throne. She's kinda cute and somewhat connected.  

Wouldn't mind if we could pick a dead person since it is a fantasy but I think Sir Edmund Hillary would be fascinating to talk with.

Hell, I would be DNFing anyway so I would have plenty of time to kill with any of them.