Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 37 times)

Marley and I took it easy today doing a moderate pace for a 3 mile trail run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

I ran 10 yesterday after work. I saw three boar hogs (male wild hogs), and two big gobblers on that ten mile run. It was awesome!!

I'll do 5 today. I should get 25 to 30 miles this week, the most in a month.

QOTD: I have nothing.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Sitting in the podiatrist's office waiting for DW. She just had a bunion removed. Podiatrist said it was the worst one she had ever seen. After this I'll head off to work. Legs need a rest.  Really sore from the gym yesterday.

AT-runner

Tim

Snow is falling down and patients are calling in to cancel appointments at a high rate, so I plan to get in a 90 minute run in the snow (3-5" in the forecast).  Probably run the horse trails and I should have time to run up Little Round Top.  For those non civil war historians, this is where the Confederate Army was pushed back during the Battle of Gettysburg on the second day.  I always pause when I to run there.

QOTD:  Do you have any regular place in any of your running routes where you always seem to stop and take in the sights or just pause?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Probably run the horse trails and I should have time to run up Little Round Top.  For those non civil war historians, this is where the Confederate Army was pushed back during the Battle of Gettysburg on the second day.  I always pause when I to run there.

QOTD:  Do you have any regular place in any of your running routes where you always seem to stop and take in the sights or just pause?

My goodness; I suppose I would pause there, too. The magnitude what what happened at Little Round Top is almost too much for my brain to comprehend. Had that line broken, it would have changed history. And who knows what things would be like?

I have a couple of places I pause, but nothing even close to Little Round Top.

LB2

sugnim

Good morning all.  I couldn't sleep at all last night, and I ended up wide awake at 4 am getting ready for my run.  I did 7 miles on the riverfront trail, which was surprisingly populated for that time and temperature.  Of course, I could easily fall asleep now.  

QOTD:  On trails, I stop at the local mountain and hill apexes to look at the valley below.  There is also an old abandoned homestead site that I like to stop at when I'm on the right trail.  On the road, I like to stop near an art center that has a giant board that says "Before I die I..." and a bucket of chalk for people to fill in the blank.  It's always interesting to see what people write.

AT-runner

Tim

On the road, I like to stop near an art center that has a giant board that says "Before I die I..." and a bucket of chalk for people to fill in the blank.  It's always interesting to see what people write.

I'm sure there are some pretty neat things written on that board.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lunchtime run of 5 miles planned.  The co-worker is suppose to come along...we shall see.

QOTD: I have a spot on my regular run from home.  I come out of the woods into a clearing and there is an awesome view especially in winter when there are less trees. I always stop and look.  On the same route when I reach the top of a friggin climb I am on a power line road and I turn and enjoy that view while catching my breath.

sugnim:  They brought a chalk wall into town for an event and it was very interesting reading what folks wrote.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

9.5 miles on the icy trails yesterday, SRD for today and I'm waiting to get called into work to plow snow!

QOTD I ran at Gettysburg a lot last year when there was too much snow, and it's truly an awesome place!

One thing that I like to do is climb up the tower at Gov. dick which is about 65 feet tall on top of the mountain, amazing views!

runtraildc

Hi all!  Yesterday was a rest day.  The snow has started down here, but only an inch or two is expected.  Enough to brighten things up a bit.  I'll go out for 5 or 6 when the kids are swimming tonight.   The deer hunt has started in the park where the pool is so I'll have to stick to the roads.    I saw at least 20 deer just outside the pool last week, and they barely acknowledged me running past.  Should be easy work for the sharpshooters.  Wish I could get my hands on some of that venison.

qotd:  Not really, though I have a trail that someone was killed on over 10 years ago and I mentally pause each time I go thru the section where her body was found.  I find it really creepy, even after all these years.  so I rush thru as fast as I can.

some call me Tim

Couple miles on snowshoes yesterday and a couple more slated for later this afternoon and then it's time to start getting stuff ready for Beast of Burden this weekend(!)

qotd: not especially

XtremeTaper

I ended up with 11 miles yesterday in mini-double but it was all on the road. Today I took the Lady to Coventry Woods at lunchtime for a run and did 6 miles on the trails. The snow and ice are pretty much gone in the woods now and the surface was just sort of hard and crunchy. Based on the radar thought we might see some snow but none to be had. A nice quiet run, mild temps, and no wind. Yes, I am winter acclimated as 28 with no wind feels nice.

QOTD: Most of my regular trails even in the highest places the views are tree obscured regardless of the season. There is one park, Monocacy Hill that does have a wonderful opening on the top of the hill. THis hill sort of sits alone by itself, not part of any ridge system and there is a wonderful view of Reading, the Adamstown Ridge, and beyond. I always stop there and take in the view. Here is an old photo of SirB and me up there one day.

Muppy - The tower at Gov Dick... that's in the land they call the Dick Trust, right?!! Chuckle chuckle.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

QOTD:  There are a few places with great views where I often pause a few seconds.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on a run later this evening. We have received about 4-5 inches of snow, so it should be fun. Maybe I'll break out the snowshoes.

QOTD: I always stop on the hillcrest where there is a memorial for Ed Thompson, the runner who died during the Tussey Mountainback relay. The memorial is not where he passed away, though, and when I come by that spot (not often, as it is off my regular routes), I stop there, too.

Run for fun.

muppy

Muppy - The tower at Gov Dick... that's in the land they call the Dick Trust, right?!! Chuckle chuckle.

It is! It's the big white tower that rises out of the bushes on top of the hill!