Trailer Trash

Psycho Thursday (Read 38 times)

LB2

I'll run 5 or 10 tonight, not sure which. I need 10. No run this morning. I had to get to work early to deal with psycho who threatened to stab another student yesterday then took off from campus. Idiots like that take away from the real work that has to be done to keep the train going. People are crazy. You really can't be too careful these days, but I doubt she will do anything. I know her from way back. But that doesn't change the fact that I have to fill out a mountain of paperwork to document all this stupid shit, which takes away from what I really need to be doing right now.

QOTD: Bought any new gear lately? if so, how do you like what you purchased?

Yes. I got two new handhelds from Ultimate Direction. I haven't run with them yet, but I think I will like them. They do not appear to leak. The other handhelds I have had have been marginal, except for a big 24 ounce Mountain Hardware handheld that my brother won as a door prize at a race a few years back. Unfortunately, I left it on a table at the S/F at Cajun Coyote last year. I guess I got side tracked celebrating Kelly's first 100 mile win.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Another easy 6 mile trail run with the pup this morning, I've been very leisurely this week, hoping to be well rested for Bryce. I'm planning to run Bryce at an easy pace and will be using it as a tune up run so I can get mentally and physically prepared for more serious 100 milers later in the year. Either way, I think Bryce is going to be a lot of fun and I'm excited about it.

QOTD: I haven't bought anything for myself in a long time but I bought a running pack for the pup and we both love it. It came with two soft flasks so she can pack water for herself. She gets excited when I put it on her. Good shit!

I feel bad about your bottle Burke. I owe you one.

Low_O2

Morning all!

I was able to sneak out for a lap up the mountain last night. 10.3 miles with 3600ft of climbing, most of which came in the first 3.5 miles. I love that route. It's a rarely traveled steep nasty thing. Felt pretty good considering it was the second run for the day.

QOTD: Picked up a new Suunto gps watch last month during the big REI sale. So far I really like it, no complaints yet and I've only scratched the surface of it's capabilities.

It was foggy and settled into a steady rain for our 4 mile trail run this morning.

I am getting close to ready to leave for my Idaho mountain bike adventure.  I am watching the snow pack numbers and it looks like I may head out Sunday or Monday.  Marley will miss our runs and miss me as well.  My wife is in a boot for an Achilles tendon issue so Marley won't get much exercise for a few weeks or how ever long I am gone.

QOTD: No new running gear lately.  I did buy a new mountain bike (REI Ponderosa 29er) that I am pretty happy with.  Not exactly a purchase, but I built myself a tiny mountain dulcimer that weighs in at 7.6 oz and is small enough to take on mountain bike and backpacking trips.  I was blown away by how good it sounds given it's small size and light weight.  I am delighted with the design and plan to start selling them after my upcoming trip.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.  Back in TX, gonna be hot today.

qotd: When I was in Shanghai a few weeks ago I bought two of those really lightweight nylon jackets.  They roll up and fit into a bag the size of your fist. Good deal $14 each. Haven't tried them yet, but plan to put them in the drop bags for the night/higher elevation of Bighorn.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

muppy

Going to try for five or six miles after work, my knees been wonky lately so I've been taking it easy, hope it holds up.

QOTD I got the Garmin 910 when running warehouse had it on sale, so far I really like it but I have no idea what all it does. What I really like is the elevation gain and loss!

Birdwell

Morning folks!

Not sure what I'll be doing today. I've got a 10K tomorrow, so I feel I should try to get out for at least 3 or 4 easy today, but we'll see.

QOTD: The newest thing I've bought for running was a bottle of Tincture of Benzoin and some Kinesio tape to deal with some blister issues. I love them both and am kicking myself for waiting this long to try it out.

AT-runner

Tim

90 minutes on muddy trails.  I was breaking cobwebs the whole time and even went to carrying a stick after a few miles.  Trees were dripping wet after the downpour of several inches we had last night.

QOTD:  No for running, but did just get a new Henessey Hammock for fast packing.  Will try it out in 2 weeks with DS on a 3 day that we are planning.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

Taking the week off to heal up some aches and pains in the lower legs. They felt fine this morning but I'm going to give them a couple more days just to error on the safe side. I've been doing some cross training with the chain saw and splitting maul after work while trying to get the wood stacks ready for next winter.

QOTD: nothing lately, I replace some worn out shoes last month but that's about it.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, folks.

I grabbed an easy 5 miles this morning on the roads, legs have been feeling good and

strong lately (knock on wood).

DW and I have made a firm decision to move. The plan is to quit our jobs and move to Beacon, NY

in the Hudson Valley region. Why take a chance and quit two perfectly good jobs in this economy, you

ask? Well, that's a long story. Short version is; we're in our mid 40's and just want to live somewhere

nice.

QOTD: No new gear lately except shorts. I did get some Tailwind to try on my LR's.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

Plan is for 9 slippery, wet, rainy miles after work today...can't wait!

QOTD: I've been on a bit of a splurge.  I bought 3 pairs of shoes from 6pm (duplicates of shoes I know/trust).  Just ordered a pair of inknburn shin skins (to mitigate nettles at Manitou's).  I also bought a headlamp (princton tec remix) which I haven't tried out yet, but I wanted to have it just incase.

**Ask me about streaking**

LB2

DW and I have made a firm decision to move. The plan is to quit our jobs and move to Beacon, NY

in the Hudson Valley region. Why take a chance and quit two perfectly good jobs in this economy, you

ask? Well, that's a long story. Short version is; we're in our mid 40's and just want to live somewhere

nice.

QOTD: No new gear lately except shorts. I did get some Tailwind to try on my LR's.

Good luck on the move. I want to hear your thoughts on Tailwind. I love it.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers  SRD for me, unfortunately I think I may be getting a stomach bug (my grandson had it while we were visiting last weekend)  Sad

qotd: I bought a Osprey Rev 1.5 pack (which our own Lace had a hand in designing) which I really like, purchased another Mountain Hardwear Coolrunner short sleeve shirt- my favorite warm weather running shirt and also ordered two new pairs of PI N2's (that will make pairs number 4 & 5 thus far)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I feel bad about your bottle Burke. I owe you one.

That was my fault.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Short 6 mile run at Coventry Woods last night with the leashless beast. It is surprisingly cool here right now. Grey and drizzly but still a bit humid. I ended up running shirtless last night anyway. I'll do something similar today then rest tomorrow and drive over to western PA. Too much coffee this morning is fueling some taper edginess.

QOTD: No new gear here. I tend to go pretty low key for my ultras. 1 or 2 handhelds, gu's and salt tabs stuffed into my short pockets and handheld pouches and I'm good to go.

In dog beers, I've only had one.