Trailer Trash

Vegan Wednesday (Read 27 times)

NHLA

DD cooks a Vegan meal for us on wed. night from the Vegan Italiano cookbook. I will eat meat for lunch.

Roads are clear so I'll get out and run 6-7 this afternoon. We are going to have 50 and sunny all weekend so trails should be fine.

qotd  what is your fav. cookbook. DW has many cookbooks. I am looking at her bookshelf and three books are worn.

The Cotton Country collection. The Junior League of Monroe LA     Cotton Bayou Publications  po box 7138  Monroe LA. 71211-7138

copy right 1972. I have had to replace this book for DW and Mom because they wore them out.

Chef Paul Prudhomme's La. Kitchen. Binding is falling off.

Emeral Lagasse. She has three of his books but LA. Real & Rustic most worn.

Sue  14 hands refers to hight of a horse so hot to trot makes sense. 14 hands merlot is the best selling wine at our local wine shop.

AT-runner

Tim

Rumor has it that some of the Battlefield roads are clear, so I'll try to go there at lunch.  If not, then I'll skip it.

QOTD:  DW is the real cook. I love to cook, but I make stuff up and copy videos. She uses the Southern Living Collection of cook books.  She likes the way they are laid out and usually have several picture.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

6.2 miles last night on sluggish legs, but I got it done.  SRD today.  Dreaming of warmer weather and shorts and biking.  Sigh.  This is such a depressing, long time of the year.

QOTD: The internet.  I mostly browse blogs for recipes now.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a nice snow packed run in last night AND no headlamp needed- Hooray!  Going to get some hill repeats in this evening.

qotd: DW has several that get used a lot, but probably most used- Prudhomme family cookbook- I've even cooked a few recipes out of it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Still a lazy bum but do have stuff for lunch time 5...   I need Jamie to spur me on again.  My 2016 Team is in last place.

QOTD:  I usually think of something to make and then google it.  I do have a cookbook my SIL created with Allore Family Favorites that I like.

NHLA:  I figured it was horse related but still something you consume with trot in the title never sounds appealing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

8 miles today out on the roads. Ran into town and back for something different. I was getting sick of the developments. Only had to flip off one stupid lady who could not slow down for 2 seconds and give me some room. I guess she was in a hurry to get to the stop light. I will 2-3 more later with the Lady. Neighborhood loops. No trails yet.

QOTD: I'm with Mandy. Internet for recipes. I save and print out recipes that are keepers. The keepers go in a binder which is sort of like a cookbook I guess. Oh, my wife gave me a cookbook of brownie and blondie recipes. I've consulted that book a few times lately which reminds me I need to pick a new brownie recipe to try this week. I still need a lot of practice at baking.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

bagge_pants

Also 8 miles on the "roads". About half bicyle paths and half crunching over the grassiest, melting road sides I know of. Great run, after about an hour i feel loose and limber like a runner.

Qotd: i browse cookbooks at the bookstore for the photos really. I cant think of any names but the ones about danish gourmet foods/restaurants where they forage for local stuff or seafood and ethnic cookbooks really get me going.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Still a lazy bum but do have stuff for lunch time 5...   I need Jamie to spur me on again.  My 2016 Team is in last place.

Stop being lazy, Sue!  Even this gimp is beating you in miles so far this year!

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

A nice easy 6 in fresh snow this morning. Only need a little more and the snow shoe come out. Unfortunately the weather man is calling for a warm up this weekend.

runtraildc

Might end up a SRD.  The roads are dangerous and sidewalks are inconsistently shoveled.  And it is wet and icy at the same time, so the trails aren't appealing either.  Got in a fast treadmill run last night, plus strength training.    Maybe I'll go to the gym tonight.

XT- Try this one--allrecipes.com chewy brownies.  It's a favorite, especially when baked in muffin tins so each brownie has a chewy crust/edge.  I also use a mix of dark chocolate cocoa powder.

I need to pick a new brownie recipe to try this week. I still need a lot of practice at baking.

qotd:  Mostly the web these days.  I like to be able to read reviews on recipes.  But I do have this 'cooky' book from the 70s that is a personal favorite.  It was out of print for decades (printed in the 70s) so I had to search long and hard to find it on ebay.  Then they came out with another printing.

Wandering Wally

Got out last night for 4 miles. 4 inches of fresh wet, heavy snow made for a sloppy run.

QOTD: Alton Brown's "I'm Just Here for the Food"

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

5 up and down the mountain in the deep, frozen snow, some packed snow (by a snowmobile). Very exhausting, and I am still a bit sore from yesterday's strength workout. But an hour of misery is still better than no run.

QOTD: Mostly online from my favorite recipe website, but I still use cookbooks for tested and proven recipes, and I also have my own collection of favorite recipes over the years.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm thinking of signing up for a 1/2 marathon even though they have a 50K so I can party with friends at the end since they are running the 10K.   when I know I should sign up for the 50K

Stop being lazy, Sue!  Even this gimp is beating you in miles so far this year!

Sandy-2

Since we went to a Brazilian BBQ place last night (a B'day party for a Portuguese/Brazilian friend), I have a meat hangover this morning...  so no vegan for me.

I plan to do 5 mi after work tonight.  QoN you need to help me out of this lazy bum syndrome as well...

qotd: my DW has a few, including a "Louisianan Lagniappe" compilation my DM gave her many years ago.  She also gets stuff off the intenret, I see a lot of Ina Garten stuff printed out which is usually very good (her chocolate brownies that have some coffee in there are killer.)

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm blaming it on January, short days and post holiday lows .....get ready for February Sandy.....we are going to kick some running asses.   

I plan to do 5 mi after work tonight.  QoN you need to help me out of this lazy bum syndrome as well...