Trailer Trash

HEY MANDY!!! (Read 63 times)

Occasional Runner

You were right, iRunFar didn't mention me as a contender for the Ice Age 50, but it looks like Montrail noticed I would be there (but wasn't) and they named me in their blog as a runner to watch.

I'll take that. Smart Ass!

http://blog.montrail.com/2014/05/ice-age-trail-50-preview/

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Did I touch a nerve?    That's a nice blurb from Montrail about the race.  You should have gotten a "last, but not least."  I'm glad our race is starting to get some recognition, but I'm also a little sad that it's so popular now.

You missed a great time.  Beautiful day in the woods of Wisconsin.  I had a beer at 9am with WrigleyGirl.  I watched Max King break the 26 year old course record.  I got to meet wcrunner.  I brought homemade cookies and spent the day hanging out with old friends and new friends.  It was a good day.

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

It's a race that the elites have started to take over. It's a fast course and there are a lot of perks for doing well there. I don't know if it'll ever fit nicely into my schedule. I was mostly going because I was comped into the race and one of my closest friends lives nearby.

I'm glad you had a good time. Sorry I missed Wrigley Girl...

I don't mind being mentioned last. It's nice to be noticed in a field like that. They must not know I suck at that distance, but if we had to run it twice, it would be more up my alley.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Did I touch a nerve?    That's a nice blurb from Montrail about the race.  You should have gotten a "last, but not least."  I'm glad our race is starting to get some recognition, but I'm also a little sad that it's so popular now.

You missed a great time.  Beautiful day in the woods of Wisconsin.  I had a beer at 9am with WrigleyGirl.  I watched Max King break the 26 year old course record.  I got to meet wcrunner.  I brought homemade cookies and spent the day hanging out with old friends and new friends.  It was a good day.

The cookies were good. Meeting Mandy, Amanda, WrigleyGirl, et al made the DNF insignificant.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Occasional Runner

The cookies were good. Meeting Mandy, Amanda, WrigleyGirl, et al made the DNF insignificant.

Cookies make everything better.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Cookies make everything better.

Yes.  Why, yes they do.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Yes.  Why, yes they do.

I gotta make these specific ones again.  They had Nutella and PB in the dough!

Running is dumb.

Messenjah

Of course you did. Were you screaming cuss words at people too??

I had a beer at 9am with WrigleyGirl

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Of course you did. Were you screaming cuss words at people too??

No, I didn't!  I knew my day was lacking something.  (Did I really yell cuss words at you that day?  LOL.)

Running is dumb.

Recipe?

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

moonlightrunner

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Recipe?

Just your standard chocolate chip cookie recipe.  Add a heaping spoonful of Nutella and a heaping spoonful of peanut butter to the dough before you mix in your flour.  Then add chocolate chips, M&Ms, and toasted hazelnuts.  I must say they came out fairly well!

My standard chocolate chip cookie recipe is a secret.  You'll have to torture cookiemonster to get it, as he knows it. 

Running is dumb.

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I'm not saying a word.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Messenjah

In my head, yes you were

No, I didn't!  I knew my day was lacking something.  (Did I really yell cuss words at you that day?  LOL.)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Mandy and me:

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.