Trailer Trash

Fun Fridaily (Read 232 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Day 3 of DH in hospital care, and the house feels so quiet. I'll probably go for an early visit, and run later. I'm planning on some mountain miles, should be fun.

QOTD: When you work out in the morning before work, what time do you have to be back from your run?

Me: I don't work outside the house, but take care of everybody in the morning. So I'll have to be back by 6:30 a.m., which makes running in the morning a rare occasion. I like it in the summer, though, starting at 5 or 5:30.

Have a gorgeous day, trailers!

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

Good morning Couch. I hope your DH is recovering well.

No running for me today but I plan to go for a walk or hike later. Today is all about relaxing, eating and getting ready for tomorrow.

QOTD: I don't have to be back from my morning run at a specific time. It doesn't matter when I come into work but I try to give my boss a heads up when I plan to run long in the morning so he can plan his day around my workout. 

9/13- Mid Mountain Marathon

9/26- Bear 100

10/18- White Rim Trail FKT

11/1- Javelina Jundred

12/6- Cajun Coyote 100

Couch-Enjoy your run later.

Lace-Good luck at your race this weekend...By the way I am thinking about the FebApple 50. How was that race?

Fridays are my SRD each week. Probably get some yoga in after work.

QOTD: I work full time for the Army National Guard so I actually get an hour to workout 3 days a week. I get to work  early at 6:30 to run and have to be at my desk around 8:00. Pretty sweet deal.

TGIF

Little over an hour run this morning. Why yes, there was falling snow.

Faster: Hope your husband recovers quickly. In the meantime, enjoy the quiet.

lace_up: Enjoy the pre-race preparation!

tm: Have good rest and/or yoga!

QOTD: I work at home. I don't have a time I have to be back, but I do usually wait until my husband and son are off to school before I go out. So I rarely go out before 8:30. Lately I've been waiting for the sun, so usually don't get out until after 10. 

Occasional Runner

Lace-Good luck at your race this weekend...By the way I am thinking about the FebApple 50. How was that race?

It's a good event. The trails are pretty rocky in some areas but not overly technical. There's a fair amount of elevation change with a few really steep hills mixed in but they're short climbs. The race favored my strengths and I did really well there, placing 3rd overall and I took home the "Bronze Apple". 

Here's my race report...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2012/02/febapple-frozen-ass-50.html

9/13- Mid Mountain Marathon

9/26- Bear 100

10/18- White Rim Trail FKT

11/1- Javelina Jundred

12/6- Cajun Coyote 100

Trail Monster

FTYC, how long does DH have to stay in the hospital?

lace_up, have a nice hike!

Tmot, enjoy the rest.

Majope, have a good one!

Rest day for me so Ill probably be walking/hiking later and lifting.

QOTD: I'm laid off right now which has been excellent for my running. I run when it's easiest or when I feel like it and take naps, eat real food, and stretch/roll/strength train. Hopefully I won't get called back until February or March so I can really train well all winter.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

sugnim

Good morning.

Yoga for runners class last night.  Tonight I have a 5K race called Light the Way that will be on a path illuminated by candles and xmas lights.  At the finish, there will be a band & choir performing near a bonfire, hot chocolate, hot toddies, and cookies.  I love this race!

QOTD:  I've only ever run in the morning before work a few times  I was always late & ended up not feeling very well for the rest of the day.  If I were going to do it right, and take care of myself as well as get to work on time, I'd probably have to be back at the house by 6:00.  However, I currently get out of bed at 6:30, so it works better for me to run in the evenings on weekdays.

FTYC: I hope your DH is better and can go home soon.

lace_up: it sounds like you have a great day planned.  Enjoy, and best of luck to you on your race!

majope:  Snow runs are fantastic!

Tmotmo44: Sounds interesting--what is your job with the Guard?

Good morning.

Yoga for runners class last night.  Tonight I have a 5K race called Light the Way that will be on a path illuminated by candles and xmas lights.  At the finish, there will be a band & choir performing near a bonfire, hot chocolate, hot toddies, and cookies.  I love this race!

QOTD:  I've only ever run in the morning before work a few times  I was always late & ended up not feeling very well for the rest of the day.  If I were going to do it right, and take care of myself as well as get to work on time, I'd probably have to be back at the house by 6:00.  However, I currently get out of bed at 6:30, so it works better for me to run in the evenings on weekdays.

FTYC: I hope your DH is better and can go home soon.

lace_up: it sounds like you have a great day planned.  Enjoy, and best of luck to you on your race!

majope:  Snow runs are fantastic!

Tmotmo44: Sounds interesting--what is your job with the Guard?

On the military side I am a CPT Finance Officer. Full-time I work for them as a civillian doing the budget/accounting for the state. Pretty lame...but working for the government isn't so bad.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Banshee, he is supposed to go home on Sunday.

Kelly, Tmo: Great jobs!

Banshee: The layoff is temporary/seasonal?

majope: Late sunrise! When I worked in Northern Germany, the sun rose around 9 in the morning in late November, and that was late enough for my taste!

sugnim: The race sounds like a lot of fun! At times, I have also had the problem of not feeling so great after a morning workout. Don't know what the reason is, perhaps lack of nutrients for the calories burned in the night and the morning? I tend to recover better when I move around and don't have to sit still at a desk.

Run for fun.

Morning everyone!

I can't wait until this week is over.  It was already going to be super busy, but having to take a day off due to being sick really threw a wrench into things.  (Fortunately I'm fine now; it appears it was just some sort of 24-hour bug).  I've decided this will be the last time I run a 100-miler early in the year; training through the holidays sucks!

I was able to get in almost 7 miles yesterday; I'm hoping to get in 5 today but need to finish up making cookies for a client (and I'm cooking for another client as well).  Ideally I'll get them in before I head off to their house, but we'll see.  Since this week has been so light with mileage I'm going to have to get in 15-20 on Sunday, the day after a 50K.  But that's just what I need!

qotd: I like to get to my clients' houses by 10:30 or 11 a.m., so that means I need to be finished up with my runs by 9-9:30 (gives me time to shower, get my stuff together and head to the store before arriving at their place).  And unlike sugnim, I typically feel great after going for a morning run!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

Upcoming races: 7/13 Light at the End of the Tunnel, 8/10 Angels Staircase 35K, 10/12 Victoria Marathon

My woefully neglected blog.

NorthernHarrier

The discipline some of you have to get out early before work etc. is amazing. Not me. I'm in at work shortly after 7:00A.M everyday and I have no desire to get up THAT early to run. But I am lucky as my days are usually flexible enough where I can get out to nearby trails at some point.

So today I hope to be doing some tempo work on my measured trail around lunch then heading home, grab a dog(Cloe) gear, and heading north.

Couch--DH in for 3 days so far. Poor guy.

Lace_up-enjoy Chatanooga. Nice flat country. LOL!

Sugnim/ Tm--enjoy your yoga. I should start that again.

EDRW--Yes it is almost the end. YAY!

Everyone else have a great day and weekend.

Trail Monster

FTYC, yep. I usually get laid off for a couple months summer and winter. Our busy seasons are spring and fall so I get more than enough hours about 7-8 months out of the year and enjoy the breaks when they come. I still get called up occasionally when work pops up in the off season so I'm hoping there's nothing big coming for a month or two.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Morning all! I'm skipping straight to the QOTD 

I try to be done with my work out by 6:30 a.m. We have a rotating call schedule that affects me at least once each week

For instance, this morning, I woke up at 5 and got ready to head out the door for an easy 5 miler in the rain/snow. As I put my hand on the front doorknob to head out, my work phone rang, and I had to scrap my morning plans, and head to work. 

I hope to get in 4 or 5 miles after work today, but we'll have to see how it goes. I may simply add today's miles to my long run tomorrow. 

I look with great hope for the day I no longer have to be on the call schedule. 

Wandering Wally

Morning all.  Got out for 7.6 miles this morning.  Stuck to the roads to give my calves a break.

QOTD - I am the boss, so really it doesn't matter when I get in to my office in the morning.  Most days I'm there by 8:30 though.  So, when I go run in the morning I try to be back by 7 or 7:30 to give me time to shower and change.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Ultra Cowboy

Last night while DD2 was getting Basketball Pictures, with practice after, I did a Tempo run. Broke a 7:00 minute mile on the downhill.  That is a first for me...Ended up with 6.5 miles I'd only planned on 5 tops.  It was cold and clear with Stars Shining bright...Feeling good....

Tonight while she is at her Blacklight dance I'll get an easy 4 miles in. 

Because the kids have evening activities in town I seldom do morning runs.  If I were to run in the am I need to walk in the door by quarter to seven to shower.  On the road by 7:25

I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler, I'm a green lumber handler, I'm a gypo from Pelican Bay....