Trailer Trash

Fun Fridaily (Read 232 times)

Watoni

Taking the day off ... will cycle onthe weekend, but running through the Marin Headlands with the group before work on the ankle was again not the best idea from a healing perspective, but great for mental health.

QOTD: Depends, but to do my run yesterday since it was the once in a Blue Moon Marin run, I got up around 4:00am, left at 4:45am, starting running at 5:30am, finished just shy of 7:30, and was at work around 9am after a shower. Great to do once in a while. I can do a 2-hour trail run from home and get the same result if I get up around 5:45 or even 6:00 am.

Irish Luck

May try to get some time in on the bike tonight at the gym, since the damn hip is hurting me still. It even hurts to sit down or lean forward.  So, if the bike proves to be painful, I'm headed home for a well-deserved beer.  

QOTD: I don't have time to workout in the morning before work. I have a very long, mutli-mode commute (car, train, walk) that has me up at 5:30 AM (which is when the gym opens) and out the door by 6:30 AM.  I don't feel safe running solo on the roads/trails at that hour, so I push my workouts to the evening.  

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Happy Friday Everyone!

I got in a hard effort 4-miler last evening.....not sure I'll get out tonight as it i my neighbors annual Christmas Party so I will be eating and drinking. Smile

qotd:   I'm up at 4:45 or 5:00am and start work at 6:00am.....no time for morning runs for me....I usually run at 9:00pm after the mini-mes are in bed.

Trail Monster

Managed to hike 5.5 miles at 14:28 average pace. Very happy with that! Now grub! Have a great one all!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

runtraildc

not sure I'll get out today for a run.  It was scheduled, just didn't happen this morning.  Not sure what tonight will bring.

qotd:  I have been having a hard time with morning workouts lately, but when I do get out, it's usually out the door by 6 to return by 7, when the rest of the family is starting to move.  Summers, I'll run when my kids have their 7 am swim practice.  I have short commute and flexible job, but I'm usually in by 8:30.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

well, I think I have to find time to run this evening now.....I just went to the LRS at lunch time and brought home a new pair of Cascadia 7.  Big grin

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

Crazy at work so I haven't had time to read.  Will try later.  Hope all is well.

qotd: when I run before work I need to get back to the house about 5:50 to 6:00.  Then I'm at work by 7:00.  If I go longer I just show up at work later that day (I just tell the gang I'm gonna be late...).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Hobby Jogger

SRD

QOTD: I start work at 5:00 AM.  I do not even think about running before work  Shocked

5/4/19 - Twilight Zone 24 Hour

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

It's a good event. The trails are pretty rocky in some areas but not overly technical. There's a fair amount of elevation change with a few really steep hills mixed in but they're short climbs. The race favored my strengths and I did really well there, placing 3rd overall and I took home the "Bronze Apple". 

Here's my race report...

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2012/02/febapple-frozen-ass-50.html

Here's another report on Febapple, for another perspective:

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Here's another report on Febapple, for another perspective:

Both the reports were great to read. I'm going to sign up this weekend. I need to get some 50 mile races in for training...I foolishly signed up for an April 100.

Occasional Runner

Which 100 are you running? I may have a RR for it too.Big grin

Which 100 are you running? I may have a RR for it too.Big grin

I think it is a pretty lame one...and after reading some of your RR I know you will think so too.

It is the Inaugural C&O Canal 100 (because running straight for 10 miles just wasn't fun enough).

I'm a sissy and wanted a relatively flat / easy to coordinate first 100. The real test comes at Oil Creek. After reading your RR of that I really want to run that one next October.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

5.5 this am.  It was chilly...at 8:40 the car read 33 degrees.  

MikeCrowe:  Love your statement...mini-mes.  Too cute.

QOTD: Alarm goes off at 6..crawl out about 6:30.  Walk the old girl for 20 ish minutes and return her to the house.  Me and young mutt are off at 7 to get in 5.5 (my first 1.4 is a climp and takes me almost 20 mins to get there).   Need to be back at 8 ish to be to work by 9am.  Goal is to get out the door at 6:15am so the walk can be finished by 6:45 giving me enought time to reach 6 miles in the am.   

Hi to everyone else.Smile

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

I think it is a pretty lame one...and after reading some of your RR I know you will think so too.

It is the Inaugural C&O Canal 100 (because running straight for 10 miles just wasn't fun enough).

I'm a sissy and wanted a relatively flat / easy to coordinate first 100. The real test comes at Oil Creek. After reading your RR of that I really want to run that one next October.

Wait....you're running 100 miles on the C&O towpath? Have we learned nothing from my JFK50 race report? 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ I don't think there are any easy 100 milers Big grin

got my strength training in this evening, long run tomorrow

qotd- for morning workouts, I try and get back by 7:00-ish, but as my schedule is flexible- it usually doesn't matter Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √