Trailer Trash

How about a Humpdaily? (Read 33 times)

LB2

8 to 10 after work.

QOTD: What is the fastest 5K you have run? (Lame question, so add another if you want)

I think a little shy of 21 minutes on pavement. I haven't run many. And I haven't run any trail 5K's.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

A bit humid here but temperatures aren't too bad.  Either a lunch time run or I might join the beer runners tonight.  They usually run 3-4 miles, but there is a group that wants to run longer, so I may tag along for a 10k.

QOTD:  Ever = 17:20, when I was in my early 20's (a long time ago when I had a different body).  As an old man, I ran 19:48 my last 5k, and when I say last 5k, I mean it really was the last time I plan on running that distance and it was almost 7 years ago.  I think the course was a bit short, but I wasn't complaining.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a quick 3 miles last night in the hood.  I just rejoined a gym and hopefully will get into a nice routine again (once the school work rush dies down a bit).

QOTD: Good timing I guess on this question.  I have been running a 5k distance I have measured out in my neighborhood every Tuesday evening and trying to get faster.  I was pretty disappointed that for weeks and weeks I could not seem to get much faster.  It's a hilly 3 miles but not too bad.  Finally last night I shaved nearly a minute off from last weeks time and close to 45 seconds from my fastest time for that course.  I think it was the shoes! But to answer the question, in my adult running, I ran a 21:12 in 2008 while on vacation in OBX running a turkey trot.  In high school xc I remember my best race was 18ish for a 3 mile race.  But since 2008, I don't think I have run anything under 23.  I stopped running 5k races a while ago (last one maybe was 2009) because it was just frustrating that I could not put anything decent together.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

FRD, as in a forced rest day.  After rolling my ankle 4 times yesterday I thought that it felt OK but last night it started to get tender in the foot area and this morning just feels mildly bruised. Had plans for a quick 7 miler but I think I'll pass on that and give the foot a day off.  So I'll run some errands then head off to work for a rare 8 hour evening shift.

QOTD: I can tell you what my fastest one mile run is, my fastest 4.5 mile, and my fastest 10k (I'd just have to look in my logs), but I've never run a 5k unless I just happened to stop at that distance when on the TM and then I would have just been jogging to warm up or cool down.  And none of those other distances were actually official times because I've never done a race under 11 miles.  There's a local 5k and 10k race that I'd like to enter but it's always on my weekend to work and I won't blow the PTO to run it.

XtremeTaper

7 miles last night at Coventry Woods trails with the Lady. My standard route. This evening we will run a similar distance on the rocky side of Green Lane Reservoir. We had a pretty good rainstorm overnight/early morning so I suspect it will be a wild wet muddy run in places.

QOTD: 19:28, in 2005. I can count on one hand the number of 5k's I've raced. Even in my road marathon days it was a race distance I avoided. I did do a 5k training plan one time and oh boy was that fun. 2 days of intervals per week. Gasp.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

some call me Tim

Gonna be 7 more on the home trails today, and 7 yesterday... got a new watch (tomtom) and I love it(especially where it acquires satellites in under a minute)  except for the fact where the distances reported to different running logs vary by a half mile. So I'm sidetracked by research a bit at the moment so I can, you know, get back to not having to worry about this crap.

qotd: 17:54 a couple of years ago when I was really focusing on that, which was cool because I crushed my training allergic 18 year old self's best time from XC. I guess I might be able to get back there because training volume has increased, but a few recent attempts indicate I'd probably need some speedwork (float intervals, ugh)  to get that top gear back and I don't really know if it's worth it.

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Ended up with just shy of 7 miles last night, half of which were on  new (to me) trails.  It was hillier than I expected, but definitely a park which I'll visit again.  Today is a gym day.  Need to work on strength.

qotd:  I think I've raced three 5k's in my life.  And each time was with my boys,   Have no exact idea of the time, but maybe low 30's.   And we were pretty proud!  And as younger DS is gearing up for his first XC season in middle school, we are eyeing a trail 5k during vacation.  I fully expect that he will leave me in the dust immediately after the start.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The 5K QOTD fits right in with my summer training.  I was getting a little burned out with the ultras, so have been running shorter distances and speed work this summer.

QOTD: I have to go all the way back to 1970 for my best 5K, actually an extrapolation of a 3.25M race in 17:10, so the 5K would be about 16:22.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I have to go all the way back to 1970 for my best 5K, actually an extrapolation of a 3.25M race in 17:10, so the 5K would be about 16:22.

I was hoping you would chime in, because I knew you'd have a fast time to post.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I  choose to lounge in bed in the morning.  You could say I am a lazy piece of shit or you could say I am tapering; either one is just an excuse.  I am however going to the gym at lunch for upper body workout.

QOTD:  I have no idea.  The last 5k I raced was about 5 years ago and it was a trail.   I remember thinking it would be easy because it was only 3.1 miles but it's hard because you run as fast as you can for the full 3.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I ended running yesterday evening as we've been enjoying some decent weather of late ( my first evening run in two months or so); I think I pushed it a bit too hard for a recovery run, so will take today off.

qotd: I've only run a 10k and that was a trail race with a couple of good (bad) hills thrown in , it was somewhere in the mid 50's. I'm not fast

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on a run in the evening.

qOTD: 29:39, which is actually DD's time at the First Night Resolution Run (December 31st, 2014), as I stayed with her to pace her. I have never run any other 5k, only 10k and longer.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got nothing.  Getting my hair cut later.  Does that count?  I took the dog for a hike yesterday and I'm either not recovered from the bike trip or am horribly out of shape.  Sucking wind on the uphills -- ugh.

QOTD: 28 minutes or so.  I haven't tried in a 5K since 2010.  But I'm slow anyway.

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

My weekend long runs haven't been happening lately because of family reasons so I called in late to take care of business. I started at 4 and ran till 9, ended up with a little over 30 miles. Probably ran it a little faster than I should of but when your cramming for a ultra sometimes you got to break the rules. Going into work after sucks big time, I just want a cold beer and a cheeseburger.

QOTD: last one I ran was almost two years ago and I think I came in at 21:10

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Good for you!!!  Don't you do physical work at work?  That's gotta be hard.

My weekend long runs haven't been happening lately because of family reasons so I called in late to take care of business. I started at 4 and ran till 9, ended up with a little over 30 miles. Probably ran it a little faster than I should of but when your cramming for a ultra sometimes you got to break the rules. Going into work after sucks big time, I just want a cold beer and a cheeseburger.

QOTD: last one I ran was almost two years ago and I think I came in at 21:10

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄