Trailer Trash

WinterStormWarningTuesdaily (Read 26 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

looks like we're getting our first winter storm of the year, we'll probably see a couple of inches in town, but significantly more in the mountains- elk hunting tomorrow   going to get in 10-12 miles today and give my new jacket a little workout in the cold rain/snow

also signed up for a 15k in Missoula this coming weekend

qotd: Thanksgiving travel?  I think we'll be staying at home, but slim possibly to DD's in Missoula

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Miserable day yesterday at work. Came home dead tired and just now finally getting in gear to get moving. Unfortunately I have a class tonight so that messes up my late afternoon for getting things done around the house.  It looks like this will be my day for a shorter run. 4.5 - 6 miles, all depends if DW decides to meet me on my way back. If she does I'll do the 6.

QOTD: No travel. I work the night before and DW works the day.

LB2

5 early morning miles. I will probably get out for a walk/run after work. I am starting to get excited about Cottonmouth, finally, only a week and a half away.

QOTD: We won't be traveling. I think everyone is coming to our house because we have a giant kitchen, which was a huge selling point to that house. We love it.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 7 this morning.  Felt a little strange to finish with the sun coming up.  I was used to starting and ending in the dark.  But this too will pass.

QOTD: Staying local.  I used to hate traveling around thanksgiving.  I remember the days of driving from PA to MA to visit family on that Wednesday before through Jersey and such horrible traffic.  So I will start with the "what I am thankful for" now by saying I am thankful for not needing to travel around the holidays.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Just got in from a flat, fast, road run. I have a short meeting this morning before I fly back to Utah. Looks like it's storming at home.

QOTD: We always spend the holiday in Charleston SC. I love that place.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Winter?  Storm?  It's going to be 70 degrees here today!!  I'm leaving work at noon to go enjoy the sunshine and unseasonably warm weather.  Planning on a 30-40 mile bike ride.

QOTD: Flying into Vegas on that Tuesday night and hitting the road.  We'll spend Thanksgiving in the tent making some Stovetop stuffing and eating Hostess apple pies after hiking all day.  Who needs awkward family time and football on TV anyway?

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Morning folks.  Ended up with an insta-run around the neighborhood last night.  Just one of those days.

mtwarden-- I saw pics from  mammoth hot springs in Yellowstone earlier.  6-8" this morning.  Really made me want to go skiing.

qotd:  No, the plans now are to stay home.  We never travel for visiting family over Thanksgiving, but sometimes we do a beach trip.  If anything, we might fit in a day trip or a quick overnight this year.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So here I sit waiting for a callback from the doctor's office on a billing question. Running can wait only so long.

QOTD: Travel on Black Friday weekend when working retail? You got to be kidding!

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

No winter storms here. Keep them away please. Unusually warm forecast here for 70's all week long, but it will cool down over the weekend. I am planning a few half days to enjoy the weather this week.

Started work earlier, will work late but reward myself with a long lunch and get a run out on the trails. Nothing long, just the typical 7 miler.

QOTD: We are staying home this year for Turkey Day. Often we will travel to see family in GA, OK, or FL.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I'm here early today (currently on a midnight conference call with the US and UK at the moment, I'm supposed to be paying attention but it's just too boring.)  Planning to sleep in tomorrow and then do a few easy miles.  Then I have to go get my Korean drivers license since my international drivers permit has expired.  Should be fun going to the Korean DMV.....   not.

qotd: Since I have to go to Shanghai early that week, my DW is going to join me and then we'll also go up to Beijing for the weekend.  I think we'll have Peking Duck instead of turkey this year.  Yum!!!

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

QOTD: We always spend the holiday in Charleston SC. I love that place.

my brother lives in Charleston- it is definitely a fun place to visit!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

5.5 miles down the mt. misty rain getting old.

qotd going to Sin City.  NO LA

AT-runner

Tim

Beautiful day here today.  Ran 15+ with a friend for his last long run before the JFK 50.  Fast pace for me and I was feeling it near the end. It was almost 70 degrees when we were done.  Got back to the car and there was a swarm of Lady Bugs. As in thousands.  Car was covered and they were all over our clothes and packs.  We knocked off as many as we could and jumped in the car. Fun ride home as I had several get in the car and made me feel like my skin was crawling.  After I got home I went back out and removed 22 from inside of the car. I'm sure some more are hiding, so I'll check again later.

Now off to vote for election day.

Sandy - Korean DMV - you have to take pictures!

dc - Just had a leftover burger on kimchi, and thought of you (I think you were the kimchi lover. I know Jamie was the one who hated it.)

DW's parents live outside of Charleston, SC.  They did pretty well with the recent flooding, but some of their neighbors weren't as lucky.  Grab a praline for me. I can't go to Charleston or Savanna, GA without eating a praline, or three.

QOTD:  Brother's house in Baltimore and then we head to Chincoteague Island for the rest of the weekend.  Lounging around and some flat runs is how we recover from our 4000 cal meal.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Got a little joggy in this morning with the mutts...nice and crisp outside.  My ears got cold.  Oh 4.37  but I do have lunchtime running stuff..we shall see.

By the way Ultra Sign reverse the charges for the race I signed up for and I was able to change it to another race even though it was a different RD.  I guess because it was within hours, I said I messed up and they both had woodside in the title.

QOTD:  I have the week off and we may go to the beach or not.  We shall see depends on the weather.  SIL is going to be in SF so may go there for the day to visit.  We shall see.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

Gorgeous here, too - I got in 5 at a decent clip. Just about ready for this weekend's race.

AT that's wild - all kinds of animals are on the move! I've been seeing ladybugs and conifer seed bugs indoors (modest numbers though) snakes hanging out everywhere and of course flocks of birds staging in trees and then taking flight together.

This morning I had a guy come by to take a look at a corner of our property for potential lease as a site for a 160' cellular tower. I don't think it'd impact my little trail system too much and the rent would basically pay our mortgage payment, but I dunno. Anybody have experience with this kinda thing?

qotd: Hope to stay home and gather the family here. Thanks to the Alton Brown cooler brining method, I make a damn fine turkey, but getting my mom to give up hosting might be a trick.