Trailer Trash

Antelope Island Buffalo Run 100 RR (Read 62 times)

Occasional Runner

Here is my race report from this weekend. It was a tough challenge with the weather and I was very sick with a chest cold, fever, chills, aches and pains. I ran it anyway and it all worked out.

Thanks for reading!

Kelly

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/03/buffalo-run-100.html

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Amazing once again! You are a machine - even with a cold you did well.  Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Good plug for the NB 1210's by the way.

Did Leon end up with a DNF?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Birdwell

Congratulations Lace! Sounds like you'll be in good form for the Zion 100.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a big congrats, tough conditions AND ill- ouch.  I can sympathize w/ the illness, I ran a 20 mile race w/ the remnants of a chest flu and was coughing and hacking crap up and I know people were thinking is this guy going to croak out here? Smile

you should have suggested to the brat kid to try throwing a couple of rocks at the bison Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

Did Leon end up with a DNF?

Leon was able to drop down to the 50 mile race and get credit for a finish. A lot of people didn't make it that far.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Amazing, Kelly, congratulations on finishing this race in the deep-freeze and placing 9th overall!

I hope you'll recover and get over your cold soon - kick those nasty germs.

Sad about the kid who was making fun of you - he was probably following the lead of his dad. Well, there's strange people everywhere, fortunately not too many of them.

Run for fun.

Occasional Runner

I finally slept last night and feel quite a bit better. My sinuses are still clogged up and my chest is still rattling, but I'm on the mend for sure. The alarm went off at 3:30 for my morning run but I stayed in bed for more rest. Probably the wise choice.

Under the supervision of a more mature mentor, that kid would have a different opinion of me. Unfortunately, his Dad is probably an asshole, so the kid will be at a disadvantage until he comes to that realization on his own.

Thanks for reading!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I'm with you on the kid.

Just be careful with that chest rattling - don't want to bring up what happened to me after the Hyner, just sayin, 1 or 2 runs too soon ain't worth 10 weeks of recovery...

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Maybe you should have suggested that the kid (or his Dad) retrieve your headlamp.  Approve

Congrats on an impressive time, even with the cold.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

Thanks Sandy. I'm just getting over the loss of the headlamp. We shared a lot of trail miles together before the famous "Shitter incident of 2013".

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

lace up you are a freak .

last month I got a chest cold and didn't run for week

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Occasional Runner

lace up you are a freak .

last month I got a chest cold and didn't run for week

It wasn't the smartest decision I've ever made. But tossing another buckle on the pile makes it a bit more bearable.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

i still can't believe how far you have come in just a few years of running.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes