Trailer Trash

Turkey Tuesday (Read 34 times)

LB2

I'll be holding Mayor's court and looking at turkeys after work, no run scheduled. This is a crappy week for running, but I have had to catch up on a lot of work at work and at home.

QOTD: Pass

LB2

Occasional Runner

Good morning, Trailers.

I accidentally slept late this morning so I bagged my earlier plans and just headed to the trail for 8 miles. It's cold and snowing today but it's supposed to be short lived. Spring has sprung in the Wasatch.

Jo and I are heading to Jamaica later today for a week of laziness, drinking and lounging in the sand. It's long overdue.

Birdwell

Good Morning!

Got in 6.25 late last night at my new "easy" pace. Felt good.

Enjoy the island Lace.

LB - I've been passing a group of turkeys nearly every day the past month. They like to congregate near a trail I frequent.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will get in an easy 6 miler this evening; the snow in town is almost gone- which is pretty impressive considering there was over 2' less than a week ago (the mountains I found out Saturday has no shortage of snow whatsoever Big grin)

not much for turkeys on this side of the state, used to bump into them frequently on the east side

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

It's going to be a beautiful spring day here today, over 60 degrees. I will not be running though, my calf is giving me a lot of trouble. Hopefully a few days off will do the trick.

The pooch and I had another nice 5 mile trail run. The snow and ice is disappearing fast. There were only a few short sections that still had ice on them. There was mud everywhere else but not deep mud so it wasn't bad.

QOTD:  How often do you fall down when running  (or otherwise for that matter).  Me at least a few times per year but usually not in snow or ice.  Since I started using spikes my falls seem to be in the warmer months.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

Me and the dog got out for a early morning 10 this warm morning. At 35 degrees this morning felt like a whole lot warmer than what has been the norm this winter. YEAH SPRING!

LB2 - those turkeys are like weeds around here always popping up where there not wanted. I use to hunt them but I never really like it.

Lace- Put some nasty comment here to show how jealous I am.

QOTD: I'm good for a few tumbles a year, they usually happen on even ground and always with lots of people around. Last hard fall I took was on a 15 mile trail race with a constant diet of short hills with plenty of roots and rocks to trip on. I came up the last hill and had two steps up onto a board walk which lead to the finish line. I took about five paces on the board walk and tripped on nothing, of course instead of falling gracefully I did my best to stay on my feet and ended up doing a belly flop roll off the end of the board walk. It must of been quite entertaining for the people watching the finish line.

AT-runner

Tim

Did a tempo run today, and what I learned is I'm fat and slow.  Don't know why I love running for a 3-4 hours, but when I run a fast 10k, I hate myself and all those around me.  I just can change the mindset. Oh yea, breathing heavy sucks!

QOTD:  At least one good one per month.  Usually when I'm fishing for something in my pack, or when I get to within 1/2 mile to the trail head. Most of my trails are rocky, rooted  and canted, so falls are typical.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Oh no, I don't know how I'm going to survive this heat wave now. 61 degrees, and it's not even 2 p.m., LOL.

This weather is calling for shorts again, yay!

QOTD: I fall much more often in summer, when it's easier to trip over rocks and roots. It comes and goes in phases: once I have fallen on a run, my confidence is shaken, and I tend to fall more often, until I don't care that much any more, and then it gets better again.

It happens most often when I either let my mind wander and don't pay attention, or when I'm exhausted and don't lift my feet. Usually ends with bloody knees or arms, sometimes a sprained finger. I am always panicky that one day I'll knock out a tooth, or break my nose, but this has not happened yet (my running buddy knocked his head bloody on a rock, though).

Run for fun.

charlesmoman

Maybe a bike ride and a walk today, plus the machines at the gym.

A little tired from a 31-mile training run/hike on some steep hills yesterday with 2 fellow Indiana Trail 100 runners.

They found out I meant it, when I told them there were some mean hills on the 7.1 mile loop.

It is called the Turkey Roost Trail on a knob adjacent to the DNR starve Hollow State Recreation Area, near Vallonia, Indiana.

I found my Kenesio taping was not holding my problem ankle well enough, so now I am using athletic tape.

No ankle rolls and almost no pain most of the time. I switched to my Adidas fast packing shoes for the last loop.

We hope to do a 50-mile training in 2 weeks and then it starts to dial down until the race.

I am much better prepared this year and am optimistic about seeing the finish line.

I found that one of my fellow runners is so much like me, so we are planning on doing the IT 100 together from start to finish.

runtraildc

Afternoon, folks!  Got in 3.25 last night.  walking.  Still, it was nice to get along the trail in our nice warm weather.  Glad to hear many of you are also getting this wonderful weather. (minus Montana, sorry sugnim and mt warden)

qotd:  I fall at the time, but more in the fall when the freshly fallen leaves are really hiding the rocks, roots, etc.  I also have the same fear as Couch-- someday really doing some bodily harm.  I have found lately that when I do fall (or lose balance), the flexibility and core strength I've built thru yoga has saved me more than a few times.

Sandy-2

Still over here in London. Getting some good runs in along the Thames.  Did 5 yesterday and 10 this morning.

A bit busy so I have to go. Cheers.

tbd.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all!

Working later today, but still hoping for some sunlight when I get home.  Plan is for some hills training today...I dread it, but need it.

QOTD: I'd say once every 2 months I have a fall that gives me a souvenir to remember it.  Last time I fell was early January so I suppose I'm due.

**Ask me about streaking**

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon, folks.

I had a nice 6 miler this morning. I've been having a pain in the frontal hip

area, feels like a strain, very painful in certain positions but not in others. I still ran

today, it felt okay after a few miles, but then returned when I finished.

QOTD: I fell on ice 2 weeks ago, after removing my spikes. I guess I fall 3-4 times a year.

I tripped but didn't fall during my new years day 14 miler, right in front of 2 hikers, I just

raised my arms and said 'first trip of the new year!'

Whenever I do fall and I'm carrying a handheld I always think of Watoni breaking his finger, or

was it his thumb?

Now I'm heading over to that other topic for some shoe advice.

Watoni

Good morning, Trailers.

I accidentally slept late this morning so I bagged my earlier plans and just headed to the trail for 8 miles. It's cold and snowing today but it's supposed to be short lived. Spring has sprung in the Wasatch.

Jo and I are heading to Jamaica later today for a week of laziness, drinking and lounging in the sand. It's long overdue.

Only 8 after oversleeping? Lame. I overslept and got nothing, so there ....