Trailer Trash

2014 Running Goals (Read 67 times)

Since we have been evaluating our 2013 goals, I figured it was time to start our 2014 thread. Here we go:

1) Take a break from long running & races (at least for Jan-June)

2) Run more short trail races

3) Run some short road races

4) PR in the 10K and 13.1

5) Get back in the gym consistently and get strong

6) Have fun!

1) Achieved (I did not run anything longer than 25k this year)

2) Yup.

3) Definitely did.

4) Yup.

5) No way. I set this goal every year and manage to fail.

6) Definitely had a fun, relaxing year.

1. Stay healthy.

2. Keep the trail running fun.

That is about it.

Check and check.  I definitely was pretty successful on both counts.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

After having a stellar 2012 and a mediocre 2013 I'm not sure what the goals should be.  Let's go with

1) 2500 miles (third year in a row for this goal and I haven't met it yet)

2) R2R2R (if I can stay healthy)

3) Quit procrastinating and incorporate yoga on a regular basis (hopefully the key to staying healthy)

4) Weight < 170 all the time

1) Nope, I'll finish with less than 2200 miles

2) DONE! Enjoyed it so much that I've got it on the calendar again in mid-April

3) Procrastination continues

4) YES!  I lost more than I thought I would by fall, put a few back on but I've kept the weight under 165 the whole time.

Summary: 2/4 met.  Not bad, not great but I'll take it.

You people have issues 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I'm sure glad I never posted any running goals for 2014.  I would have felt really stupid stating epic fail for everything!!!!!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

1)  Average 4.5 day a week of running. Mope, in fact I lagged after June.

2) Run to the little town of Washington from Nevada City via the Yuba river. Nope again, will be on this years goals.

3) Run the Desolation Wilderness again, maybe with Chuair. Nope and I don't even think Chuair is running right now!  Maybe Watoni this year? 

4) Hit some new trails for long runs, Sierra City, Downieville, the PCT, Graeagle.  Did two runs on PCT that I never did before.  Also hooked up with a guy who want to run Castle Peak to Sierra City this year 36 miles.  I told him plan it and people will come.  Smile

5) Speed workouts at the track. Nope.

6) More Mt Biking with the Hubby Big Nope Here...

7) Add weight training into the routine (make a woman cave or join a gym?)  Another nope...pathetic!!!

8)  Stay under 125 and really cool if I got it under 120.  Success, weighing 120.

`

At least it will be easy to come up with this years goals, I'll just cut and paste from last year. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄