Trailer Trash

FKT (or Fastest Known Times) (Read 44 times)

Birdwell

Lace's comments got me thinking.

In January of this year, a friend and I plan to do a little run in the Phoenix area. Part of the run is a very well established hike, that connects to a larger trail system. The trail is 11-12 miles or so, and our plan is to do a double crossing (We'll have nearly 11,000 feet of elevation gain and similar loss)

As far as I can tell no one has ever attempted a double crossing on this trail. I've never even seen a written record for a one way crossing.

In trip reports from backpackers and others I've noticed most people take 8-10 hours to complete it one way.

Should the thing go well, our hope is to complete the double crossing in less than 8 hours (hopefully much less).

I've been going back and forth on whether to submit our run to the FKT website. I'd really like the route to get some attention. I know that anytime we set will be a very soft FKT, and if anyone with any talent tries it they'll break our FKT without breaking a sweat. I am only concerned with being really slow, and submitting a FKT for a brand new route.

Anyone have any thoughts on establishing new routes for FKT?

Uh oh... now what?

First time over any course will always be a record, but it is your record and that is kewl.

I still hold the record for a 100k from 1986---seldom telling people it was only held once.

Read the FKT criteria for reporting, follow it, submit it--maybe it will be yours for...

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Do it !

There is another attempt at the FKT on the TRT this weekend , I'm not sure how many there have been this year . One of our local elite women did get the FKT for women in July , another one of our local elite women is attempting to beat that one . So far no one has added in the Rim to Reno trail which would make it @188 miles , maybe next summer .

I have one in mind next summer ...

AT-runner

Tim

I still hold the record for a 100k from 1986---seldom telling people it was only held once.

John, what do you mean, that story is in your latest bestseller. Wink

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Once people saw the time, they probably figured it was pointless to try and beat it and cancelled all further thought of the race. That is how I see it, John.Smile

LB2

Uh oh... now what?

John, what do you mean, that story is in your latest bestseller. Wink

Oh great, now everyone knows how it ends... sheesh.

Once people saw the time, they probably figured it was pointless to try and beat it and cancelled all further thought of the race. That is how I see it, John.Smile

You have a career as a diplomat awaiting.

XtremeTaper

If you run unsupported, you can claim a FUKT as well.

In dog beers, I've only had one.