Trailer Trash

Sore Sundailies (Read 34 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

wee bit sore after my long run yesterday   going to get an easy-ish 6 miles in this afternoon

qotd #1: strategy for sore legs?  I've found that walking (or easy running) the next day really helps gets the soreness out, vitamin I doesn't seem to hurt either

qotd #2: has anyone heard from lace_up?  haven't seen him pop up on the boards lately

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

4.9 road miles last night. I almost got hit by a lady running a red light as I had the crosswalk light to cross. I did explain to her the finer points of driving etiquette!

Hopefully I can get back out on the trails soon.

QOTD I go with the get out and do something method, and easy run or a hike for a few miles. It's been a while since Kelly's been on here I believe.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning.  Ran 15 today on mostly logging roads.  A few frozen spots and some mud, but no screws needed today.  A lot of melting from our last snow.  Temps were pretty nice too.

QOTD:  I always get out for a brisk walk or "jog".  Really helps getting the blood flowing to those sore legs.

QOTD #2:  See he pops in on FB, but hasn't been around these parts in a while.  Hope he stops back in.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

I ended with 30 this am, it's been a long winter and a 5 hour run even with temps in the 20's was just what I needed to thin out my thick winter blood.

QOTD: I like to walk a few miles and light stretching.

QOTD 2 : I was wondering the same thing the other day.

some call me Tim

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas - Aaaaaah!!!!

19 on the road this morning that included a freak snowstorm with eyelashes freezing together... It was beautiful when the wind was at my back though

qotd: figure that it means a little healing needs to take place. Increased blood flow from walking or easy running, light massage and compression gear is what I do( l've got compression tights whose only role is this). Apart from that, some extra sleep should help as well

LB2

My legs are sore.

QOTD 1: Run.

QOTD 2: He is on vacation, Jamaica.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Just got home from church, getting ready to grab a bagel and head up on the mountain. Temp is in the mid 40s so it should be a decent run. Hoping to get in a solid 10 miles but the legs are stiff and sore.

QOTD 1: Easy exercise such as the walking or lightly running seems to help. Stretching works well also. I find it easier to do recovery rides on the bike then with running for some reason. Today my legs are really stiff so I'm going to try to focus on doing some more walking vs. running today. The problem is that my mind wants me to run.  I've really cut out the Vitamin I as there are some articles out there that say it actually slows recovery.

QOTD 2: According to his blog he's still doing some races. I rarely go on Facebook, but I did see him posting over there.

moonlightrunner

All your long miles are making me feel like a slug. Yesterday I ran my first run of 2015 in my VFFs. It was nice. No snow. LUV IT! I am working today...ick. I hope stop and run on my way home.

QON, I feel your pain about the lack of consistency you posted yesterday. I tried to talk myself into a run this morning...but decided not to because it was too COLD. Two weeks ago the temps this morning would have been downright balmy. I am finding runni,g feels awkward because I have gained weight and myrunni,g form is off because what running I've done has been on snow or ice. These are things that would have been no big deal before.

Qotd: I help my parents with their garden as much as the rest of my life allows. I love spending time in the garden with them!

Woops! Yesterday's Qotd!

Today's Qotd: sit as little as possible. Walk. Walk. Walk.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

7 miles for me today.  It started to snow in the middle.  Not amused, Mother Nature.

QOTD: Walking, for sure.  I always limp around the dog park after a long run/race.

QOTD2: He hasn't logged in for a while.  Looks like he and Jo are in Jamaica at the moment -- if I remember, I'll drop him a line on FB after he's back from vacation and tell him that we miss him.

Running is dumb.

RabbitChaser

20 miles for me today. I ran two loops of the Run Toto Run course around Wyandotte County Lake in Kansas City, KS.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

14 with the running group this am...nice run and longest in awhile...

qotd1: take a couple days off drink some beer...but I'm not a great role model.

qotd2: on his 6th straight day if a intoxication streak..his words not mine.

moonlight:  It's that nagging depression (depression that's we tell ourselves is not there because depression is really self pity and we are too strong to feel sorry fir ourselves) , that keeps us inside, and then we get mad at ourselves for not running, get more depressed!  Get out and run girl!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

10 miles with my RC today. I was definitely the weakest link... Breaking in new shoes is putting a real damper on this week. I know I can just alternate, but I'd rather just have 30 crappy runs in a row and get it out of the way so that when the ice is all melted and the running gets really good, I'm all primed up and ready to go.

QOTD: usually a slow bike ride is my best medicine, and lots of walking. Really hot Epsom salt baths in extreme cases followed by stretching.

moonlightrunner

So very true! Glad u got out for your 14! I hope to head out for 10 after DD gets her errands done. Taking my dog with me...that might help.

qotd2: on his 6th straight day if a intoxication streak..his words not mine.

moonlight:  It's that nagging depression (depression that's we tell ourselves is not there because depression is really self pity and we are too strong to feel sorry fir ourselves) , that keeps us inside, and then we get mad at ourselves for not running, get more depressed!  Get out and run girl!!!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Drinking beer in the shower was the first thing that popped into my mind, though.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, slacker. 

Rabbit and Gator - what are you training for?

moon - Agree with Sue.  Sometimes when I have a hard time getting out the door. I remind myself that I will feel worse if I don't go. Good luck getting your Mojo back.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!