Trailer Trash

Th-th-th- Thursdalies... (Read 25 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got out of bed to run because I couldn't let another day pass.  Figured it was wet but didn't expect it to still be pouring.  Then it began sleeting on us.  I was running on the road because Jackie's short legs kick up dirt onto his body and I had no time to bath him.  I was planning 5 miles but only got 4.34 because I had to pass my house and just decided to stop.  So at work but toes and fingers still cold.

QOTD:  Something you are good at:  Something you are bad at:

This was a question we asked staff yesterday.  When I stumble to come up with what I was good at they all said running.  I guess it depends on who you are asking.

Good: Need to work on this but I guess running. Going with the flow and not stress too much.

Bad: Public speaking Not getting chores done.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Got a nice long run in this morning. Garmin says 16.8, but I'm saying more than 17. It was a nice mix of logging roads and trails. Hit a few trails that have not seen much action since fall started, as in no full of leaves. You know you're a trail runner when you turn off a logging road into the woods and immediately start smiling and bouncing off he rocks like a little kid.  Then when you get to another road section, you keep hoping it won't last long so you can get on the trail again. Was 17 degrees at the start and warmed up a bit during the run.

QOTD:  Good - coaching. I think I'm good at working with kids and I really like it.  It's nice that swimmers I coached over 30 years ago still tell me I made an impact on them.  Bad - I'm really bad at finishing projects. It drives DW crazy when I start something and say it will take a few days and 2 weeks later I'm still working on it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Real nice day here. Sunny with temp about 40. Should be nice for a run.  Planning on another 7-8 mile jaunt in a couple of hours.

QOTD:  I'll answer this in two ways. First will be exercise related, the second for general life.

Exercise:  Bad at running.  Good at biking.

General life:  Good at learning new things and solving problems.  Bad at getting things done. I'm the king of procrastinators .

runtraildc

Hi all, crosstraining continues.  I was going to run this am while DS was swimming, but he decided to skip practice and damn the consequences (which means he might not get to compete at the meet this weekend).  See, it's not just old runners with the problem of getting out of bed in the wee hours!   Actually, I've been on both sides of this-- I don't know what is harder-- leaving the bed for jumping into a pool or heading outside for a run in the freezing temps.  Any way, it's hard.  I did not go for a run.

So, I did go to yoga today and wanted to get in a row while I was at the gym.  The one day I want a machine they are both being used .

qotd:  DD and I must have been twins separated at birth.

General life:  Good at learning new things and solving problems.  Bad at getting things done. I'm the king of procrastinators .

Keep Going

8 mile progression last night so rest day today. Bi-weekly chiropractor visit tonight to push that pelvis back in line.

qotd: Great at details, bad at patience

100 milers are my favorite

Wandering Wally

Going to get out for 4-5 miles tonight before the freezing rain arrives.

QOTD: Bad at getting up early. Good at lunch.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

moonlightrunner

Going for a run soon. Not sure...thinking 8 tonight.

Qotd: Really BAD at getting things started and finished...I really am The Queen of Procrastination for all things unpleasant (housework, budgeting and getting out the door to go running at 3am).

Trying to think about what I am good at...I'm a pretty good writer. At work I am good at outlining issues and solutions....and when the moment takes me I can do some decent creative writing.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4.5 at a local trail on the way back from a work meeting.  Was blissful but I really want snow covered trails!

mj- "good at lunch" - great answer.

QOTD: I am good at getting along with most people.  I am bad at being non-judgmental and critical (but at least I keep most of it in my head).

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5 miles, have to keep ahead of certain people here this week.

Good: Problem solving and puzzles. Also good at procrastination, which is bad.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

6.5 in the sunshine after work. It was glorious cruising along the ridgelines. Not so glorious getting back down into the valley through the deep shade.

DD1: I think I might be one of your Queens of procrastination, too. Once I get going, though, I make great progress - until I have to finish up, that's when I get my second wind in procrastination. 

QOTD: Good: problem solving. Bad: Too competitive, and I may be ruthless at that. Luckily, I can often keep this just in my head, so it doesn't always cause a problem.

Run for fun.