Trailer Trash

Saturdailies (Read 31 times)

The pooch and I had a nice 5 mile trail run.  It was 36 F and a light rain started on our way to the trail head.  The roads were cold enough to ice over and there were a few cars in ditches along the way.  I took it easy and was fine on the ice.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  6 degrees and snowing here Sad  it's supposed to get up to 15, if it gets into the double digits I'll head out w/ my running snowshoes (my last run w/o shoes was rather laborious)

qotd: top of your bucket list runs?  I really would like to do a two or three day unsupported run around MT Ranier on the Wonderland trail

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

Got home from AZ last night and slept in a bit this morning. I'm getting ready to load up the pup for a run in the mountains. We'll do an easy 5 or 6 today so I can test my body out a bit and see if I'm ok.

QOTD: The Wonderland Trail is on my list, too. I still have a dream of running the entire Appalachian Trail someday.

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Got in just under 6 with a friend and a new running group.  I have fallen off running with others, and I need others to maintain any modicum of speed (it's relative).    The running group is at a local sporting goods shop, and they give store credits for every run.  That is part of my motivation for skipping the trails today.    No ice down here, but rain.

qotd:  Mt St Helens.  It is such a fascinating mountain to me.  I follow a webcam based at one of the research stations. Or something thru yellowstone, in the backcountry and away from the crowds.  Ideally in the northern part of the park where the fire damage is.  See a pattern here?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning folks!  Got in just under 6 with a friend and a new running group.  I have fallen off running with others, and I need others to maintain any modicum of speed (it's relative).    The running group is at a local sporting goods shop, and they give store credits for every run.  That is part of my motivation for skipping the trails today.    No ice down here, but rain.

qotd:  Mt St Helens.  It is such a fascinating mountain to me.  I follow a webcam based at one of the research stations. Or something thru yellowstone, in the backcountry and away from the crowds.  Ideally in the northern part of the park where the fire damage is.  See a pattern here?

you should check out the Volcanic 50- circumnavigates around Mt St Helens, my buddy ran it in 2013- said it was tough, but very neat Smile  registration opens Feb 1 (race is Sept 5)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

4.5 slow miles on the rail trail last night.

QOTD I would love to just go explore the Southwest. Run in  the canyons and everything  for a few days.

dpc3

Average of 4 miles over the last few days, watch out Lace I'm catching up to your 200+. Congrats on the big 48 hr win!

Have a good day all. I need to rest up, The wife and I are getting a night out without the kids and I have a DD lined up.

runtraildc

Ooh, that looks good.  I'll have to keep that in mind for 2016.

you should check out the Volcanic 50- circumnavigates around Mt St Helens, my buddy ran it in 2013- said it was tough, but very neat Smile  registration opens Feb 1 (race is Sept 5)

Daydreamer1

Freezing rain and sleet here today. I'd like to get out for 5-7 miles but may stay inside on the trainer and elliptical if the ice gets worse.

QOTD: I'd like to do a R2R2R as well as some running on the Tonto Trail. For Some reason I find myself drawn to the Grand Canyon.  Doing the entire AT would be nice as well, although I might get tired of all the rocks.

Occasional Runner

Average of 4 miles over the last few days, watch out Lace I'm catching up to your 200+. Congrats on the big 48 hr win!

Thanks, Dan. I really needed something good to happen before I totally lost my mind. 2014 was full of extreme highs and terrible lows for me.

AT-runner

Tim

Friend cancelled out on our 20+ mile C&O run due to ice, so I went on hilly 14 mile run with screw shoes.  Ran on logging road, and it was glazed over with 1/4" of ice.  28 degrees and raining the whole time.  I was hoping to go longer but turned after 7 because my hands were wet and frozen.  The return 7 miles had slight head wind and I was glad to see the car.  Except for the hands, it was a great run.

QOTD:  I've checked off a few bucket list runs and I'm doing R2R2R in April.  After that I'd say going back to Ireland and running the Dingle Way.  It's 101 mile loop around the Dingle peninsula.  I still have family in Kilarney, and I always think my next trip back will be for running.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Had a great run out in the woods this morning with Mandy. About an inch of new snow made for a very pretty setting. That woman is a strong runner and it's great to see her getting her mojo back. I was fading a little towards the end and she appeared to be getting stronger. Good running.

QOTD--I think my upcoming run where I'll get to meet Warden at the Beaverhead 55k looks to be really epic. Can't wait. As far as a bucket list type run I guess I still want to run the Devil's Path in the Catskills and the Presidentials in N.H.

sugnim

I got out for a nice 5.75 miles along the frozen Clark Fork River after rehearsing with my wind quintet this morning. When my son wakes up from his nap, I'll take him sledding.

QOTD: I don't really have a particular run on my list, but I would like to run with an old friend from high school who is also a runner. Back when we were kids, we were both pretty out of shape. I remember having to run a lap around the track with her as punishment for goofing off in class. We both thought we would die. If I ever make it back to CA, it would be a lot of fun to go for a run with her now, maybe starting at that track.

Went to let the pups out this morning and bit it on the way down the steps, so my ran took place indoors today.  Tomorrow I will brave the elements regardless, but I was cramped for time today.  This freezing rain has got to go.  Bring on the snow!

QOTD: I'm pretty geeked because I signed up for my "bucket list race" today - Megatransect.  It will be my furthest race ever run, and I have been eyeballing it since I started trail running 2 years ago.  Someday I will hopefully be as BA as the rest of you with your awesome dream races, but baby steps for me!

some call me Tim

6 miles in sleet right at the freezing mark, but at least the trail hasn't turned back into soup.

qotd: this keeps changing based on what I get exposed to. lately the JMT has really captured my imagination.