Trailer Trash

Kindle Fridaily (Read 43 times)

AT-runner

Tim

TGIF.  I've been AWOL for a few days.   We went to new software for electronic health records and I've been pulling out my hair all week getting used to the change.  My staff hates me right now, but it was time to change.

I'll get something in over lunch.  Had a nice 8 miler yesterday with DW in the woods.  We stopped a few times to look at some vistas.

QOTD:  How much does running trails help with controlling stress?

If I run on roads, I feel very little stress relief, since thoughts still run through my tiny head.  On trails, I stay concentrated on what I'm doing and the stress seems to melts away.

1/2 way through John's book.  Love it.  (John, thanks for the mention in acknowledgements).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ran 7 yesterday evening on one of my favorite routes along a country road that has virtually no traffic. You could run naked for 10 miles three times a week and not be seen by anyone. I didn't, but I am just saying. Anyway, I saw 6 baby turkeys, one hen, and I saw a big gobbler that was about 2/3's of a mile away standing on top of a hill. He saw me, too, and he ski-daddled.

QOTD: It helps a great deal with stress, but I get the same thing on the route I ran yesterday because there is no traffic to deal with, no houses, nothing out there. I get more relief on the trails, but I really do like that route I ran yesterday. I never seem to get tired of it.

LB2

Birdwell

Morning folks! got in 4.5 last night. Do I get to count it for double miles if I spent the whole time pushing my daughter and her bike uphill?

Shes still trying to figure out how to pedal standing up for a little extra oomph.

I'll get in a few more miles tonight after work.

QOTD: if I take the time to look around, a lot. if I get focused on the run, not so much. I've been trying to look around more lately.

jonferg67

Endless trails

SRD for me today, which is good because I'm exhausted. I started reading

John's book last night, its nice to find a book about our sport that approaches

it from another angle. I've read the how-to type books, which are good for reference

but this one is more enjoyable.

AT: we're making that switch in Dec/Jan, but I'm not the IT guy so no biggy for me.

QOTD: Running is my prime form of stress relief and I much prefer trails for that. I

do run roads during the week just due to convenience but I look for routes with less

traffic. Yesterday I had to focus on footing on technical trails which I prefer to thinking

about how counterproductive it is to run and breathe in exhaust fumes.

Daydreamer1

At work today until 8 pm so no running today, but that's Ok because I have a 27.5 mile trail race tomorrow. Just found out that we are now mandated to get the flu shot Angry. I've only ever had it twice before and I get sick and run down from the damn thing. Never get the flu anyway. I'm starting to get sick of the medical field. I think I need a new career field but I don't know what to get into. I'm out of date with my mechanical skills and truck driving keeps you away from home and is not really a healthy lifestyle.

AT- Changing computer programs is always stressful. I've been through several recently, most because the old programs are no longer supported.

QOTD: I don't really find any difference between running roads or trails. If anything i probably find that the bike provides a little more stress relief then running.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

SRD.  Heading up to Tahoe to run the Rim Trail through Desolation Wilderness.  32 miles point to point, only one out that would make it a 24 miler.  Little nervous but if anything it will just be a death march at the end.  I put together my "Kelly Shot" The bag has my breakfast and makings for a PBJ on the trail.  The beer represents what I will be drinking after.

QOTD:  No different for me but then again I have been on a road in over a year.  But if something is bugging me I totally think about it even running on the trails.  I usually work it out or have fights in my head with others and then when I am done...I'm over it.  So running is a stress reliever.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Queen - Good luck, and have a great time!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

SRD.  Heading up to Tahoe to run the Rim Trail through Desolation Wilderness.  32 miles point to point, only one out that would make it a 24 miler.  Little nervous but if anything it will just be a death march at the end.  I put together my "Kelly Shot" The bag has my breakfast and makings for a PBJ on the trail.  The beer represents what I will be drinking after.

QOTD:  No different for me but then again I have been on a road in over a year.  But if something is bugging me I totally think about it even running on the trails.  I usually work it out or have fights in my head with others and then when I am done...I'm over it.  So running is a stress reliever.

Sue: We need to discuss the Tahoe Rim Trail. I have been asked to take the family to Tahoe next summer. I am considering doing that at the same time the Tahoe Rim Trail 50 miler is being held, but I am concerned that I won't be able to get a spot in that race. If I don't, I may have to either do that run that you are doing just to get out there. Or, I may try to work it out to get up to El Vaquero 50K. I really need some climbing going into next fall. So, I am interested in picking your brain about this run you have planned for the weekend. Good luck.

LB2

sugnim

Good morning trailers.  I FINALLY got out on the trails after work yesterday evening.  It has been a crazy busy week.  I got in a nice 8 mile run with my dog who was so excited to finally get out for a run that she sprinted in circles around me instead of staying beside me on the trail like she usually does.  It was lightly sprinkling and cold, but it was so good to get out.

QOTD:  Running in general helps me to relieve stress.  I prefer trails, but if I can't get to one, I'll take a road.  When I run roads, I try for those with less traffic, or at least country roads with something nicer to look at than stoplights & stores.

runtraildc

Hi all, standing in the airport security line, jealous of the trails you've gotten out to.   Got in a lazy hour of running this morning in Chicago.  Did see a little of Lincoln park and the lakefront.

Queen-  good luck!

qotd-  yes, trails are more relaxing, though

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Race bag is packed.

Last 2 mile shakeout run completed this morning, with dog and daughter.

Slept in this morning.

All that is left is Mountain Madness.

My brother is running it as well, so I may have company.

Hope to see Jamezilla there again, and NormaNYC too.

QOTD:  Trail running is good for relazing, because it gives me something REAL and IMMEDIATE to worry about (such as falling and getting damaged), instead of vague worries about money and job security and relationships etc..  And teh scenery is pretty good also.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

muppy

Got in a whopping 3 miles yesterday and knee started to hurt again, guess i'll take another week off and hope it magically gets better!

Good luck Queen and jbyram2!

QOTD I find trails more relaxing, however gotta run when I can and most roads I run are slow country roads or at 5:00am and no traffic.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Stupid thing won't let me fix this ! Anyway hope you have a great time , I wish the timing was different and I could have done it with you .

valerienv

Thread killer ..

Sue: We need to discuss the Tahoe Rim Trail. I have been asked to take the family to Tahoe next summer. I am considering doing that at the same time the Tahoe Rim Trail 50 miler is being held, but I am concerned that I won't be able to get a spot in that race. If I don't, I may have to either do that run that you are doing just to get out there. Or, I may try to work it out to get up to El Vaquero 50K. I really need some climbing going into next fall. So, I am interested in picking your brain about this run you have planned for the weekend. Good luck.

If you want to get in the race you must enter when the entries open , it sold out in 8 hours this year . They do take a wait list but this year they didn't have much movement on the list . It is totally worth trying to get in , it is the most beautiful race but it is entirely at elevation and does have a couple tough climbs , the worst being the Diamond Peak ski run at mile 31ish .

Chnaiur

Weights today. I stretched a small muscle in my foot last weekend, and haven't run all week. It was good timing for a recovery though since I've worked like crazy at our annual customer conference.

Queen: enjoy - wish I could do this with you!.

Let's really try to set up a forum run in Tahoe next summer. Seems we could maybe get me, QoN, Valerie, NothernHarrier, and LB2.

LB2: you can also check out my blog for pics and a map of trails by Lake Tahoe: http://trailsanity.blogspot.com/

QOTD: I need trails, and they are great for stress relief and alone-time.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k