Trailer Trash

warming up wednesday (Read 34 times)

runtraildc

Might be 50* here later today!  Last couple of days have been gym days (treadmill, yoga and weights).  Lots of people still working on their fitness resolutions.  More than a few wearing those rubberized 'sweat' outfits. 

qotd:  Any wacky health or diet fads in your past?   Not really, mostly because I don't have enough willpower to stick to any diet that doesn't include cookies, beer and cream in my coffee.  I'm fascinated though, by the folks that fast once a week for weight control.   I wonder about trying it, then unconsciously reach for a snack.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Getting ready to head out after my upcoming doc's appointment for my shoulder pain. It's not too cold today, yet still wintery with a fresh dusting of snow, and sub-freezing temperatures.

traildc: Heat wave? I hope it will last!

Rubberized sweat suits? Sounds like the 80's! 

QOTD: I have been forced by health problems to go gluten-free by, and they were resolved. So I'm a happy follower of a diet-fad, though not coming from my own free will.

Have a gorgeous day, everyone!

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Morning ladies,  I need a heat wave here as it is real winter like. This last run of weather here has taken the wind out of my sails a little. Our trails are unrunnable, at least for the short term and the roads get old real fast. So, the winter blahs I guess.   So that all said I have another snowshoe race this Sat up towards my shack. And then more skiing, should help me accept and deal with winter or maybe not.

runtrail--I'm sure you have but I'll still ask--ever read William Kent Krueger's stuff with the Minnesota theme? I finally got around to it at DW's urging, pretty good writing, simple and fast moving which I need.

QOTD--No. In the early eighties I had done a business trade out with a fitness center for a 'free' membership for a few years in Wausau and there were people there wearing these neoprene girdle things for spot reducing. I'm amazed to hear they are still around. Bizarre.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning.  Temp's should be around 45 at lunch for a nice road run.  Don't know where I'll go yet, but might have time for 5 miles.

Rubber suits? Yes, does sound very 80's - "Let's get physical, physical...".   Those are the patients that I see and wonder why they are getting dizzy and I'll tell them to drink water.

Couch - good luck with the shoulder.  I have a torn RC on the right side and I'm putting off surgery until after my 24hr in May.  Mine was from a good Superman fall that I did last last summer during a run.

QOTD:  Not really, besides my color mud running barefoot cross-fit days.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

sugnim

Good morning all.  I had a slow, sleepy, slippery, 4 mile run along the dark river this morning.

QOTD: I was vegetarian for 13 years.  I have also tried some elimination diets in dealing with some GI issues.  These days, I don't follow any specific diet, although I am big on homegrown, home cooked foods.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I plan to run with the group after work.  Probably 5 miles.  The trails were very crowded yesterday, usually I see no one.  Lot's of new runners out there...good for them.  We live in a small town and I know of 3 different groups trying to recruit people to the joy of running.  Running in shorts and t-shirts.  But thank goodness we will be deluged with rain this weekend.

QOTD:  I was on weight watchers which isn't weird except that I lived off baked potatoes with Taco Bell Hot Sauce on it and bologna sandwiches made with Wonder Light Bread, Fat Free Cheese, and Fat Free Bologna.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Harrier, I am with you. I have the blahs bad. It is lightly snowing here, and there are rumors of a Sunday snowstorm. Blaaaah! Probably coming to us via Wisconsin...so I suspect you might see it on Saturday.

Hopefully a run tonight after DD gets

Out of work...but honestly not likely.

Qotd: I have done Weight Watchers with success ( not long term). I guess my gastric bypass can now or may in the future be considered a fad.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

4.5 easy road miles.

QOTD I never did any fat diets. Perhaps I should look into it, all I need is a diet then I can eat whatever I want and I'll lose weight!

runtraildc

Funny you should ask.  I was just looking at his latest book and am planning to get it.  However, I have not read any of his previous work.

runtrail--I'm sure you have but I'll still ask--ever read William Kent Krueger's stuff with the Minnesota theme? I finally got around to it at DW's urging, pretty good writing, simple and fast moving which I need.

XtremeTaper

Not super warm here but upper 30's today so pretty good.

Yesterday ended up with 11.5 miles in total. Evening run was 6.5 miles on the frozen trails of green lane. We ran the blue trails last night. Remember those freezers from the old days that didn't have auto-defrost? Well the trail conditions were sort of like the icy gunk that would build up in those freezers after awhile. Hard and crunchy. The good news is it was a pretty solid surface and my screw shoed pair of Cascadias handled it just fine. Ran a pretty much normal time, maybe a pinch slower. A few things of note. There is a wide expansive view of the lake from the trailhead, and last night when we started the run we were treated to watching one of the resident eagles fly over the frozen icy lake. We paused for a moment until he flew out of site. Darkness was falling by the time we finished up but the large orange moon was just cresting over the horizon and shining on the ice. Pretty neat.

Just 5.5 road miles today at lunch but I'll get the dog out later for 5 more on the trails.

QOTD: Ha, no fad diets ever in my lifetime. I am cutting back on some things based on my last round of bloodwork. Ice cream and high cholesterol stuff for the most part. I had a real bad ice cream addiction.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

It looks like it will be a rest day. I have been all over the place today. I drove 239 miles running BS errands for the school. I did manage to mysteriously pass by some fields I wanted to check out on a rainy day; I saw 2 gobblers strutting with 25 hens. I figure they are just following them around right now; it is still a little early for any breeding to be happening. I'll run 5 to 10 tomorrow. I just don't know what tomorrow will hold; I may have to work a little late. We will see.

QOTD: I have never been much for diets; I just try to eat a balanced diet: beer, whiskey, Tailwind, ice cream, and peanut butter. Actually, I eat pretty healthy and alcohol consumption is moderate. I have been known to go overboard on ice cream, though.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out for 4.25 last night.  I would have gone longer but the cold was too much for me last night...unsure why.

Couch - hope it works out for you.

QOTD: Nope.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Couch - good luck with the shoulder.  I have a torn RC on the right side and I'm putting off surgery until after my 24hr in May.  Mine was from a good Superman fall that I did last last summer during a run.

We should form a bum shoulder club. My left shoulder is still f'ed up from my own Superman fall last June. The doc said it is bad tendinitis but I'm not so sure. Hope we all heal up at some point.

I did 5 miles here in London this morning. A bit chilly and damp, but a nice run along the river. Lots of other runners out, I guess some eay training for the April marathon here.

qptd: I don't think that I have ever been on an official diet. Just cut down on overall intake whenever I have to lose a little bit of weight.

tbd.

The snow on the trails is officially up to my ass now.  I too tire of road runs quickly, and it beats my body up.  Seems like the roads bring out little nags of past injuries for me.  Still, I got a solid 10 in today.  All very hilly and half on packed snow which felt good.  Mild heat wave here - got up to the mid 30s, but it's looking like single digits tomorrow.

QOTD: You name it, I probably tried it.  Paleo, Atkins, Keto, Slow Carb, diet pills, jazzersize - I used to be 80 pounds heavier and desperate for any quick fix.  I pretty much am the history of fad fitness trends.

Watoni

Got in short but good runs yesterday and Tuesday, so maybe a "rest" day due to work.

QOTD: Not really, but I should do the cut way back on wine diet