Trailer Trash

Sweltering Wednesdaily (Read 32 times)

Sandy-2

Keeping up with our "S" daily titles this week....  it really is sweltering here.

I did 5 miles yesterday morning and then another 6 this morning.  Both hot and humid early morning jaunts around the Botanical Gardens here.  A really nice place to run. Except yesterday in the dark I came around a corner and thought I saw a huge snake, scared the crap outta me, turns out it was a strange tree root that was above ground. It did get my pace up for a little bit.

It's official, I received confirmation from the Race Organizers today that I am in for the Ultra Trail Mount Fuji 100 mile in September.  A nice little birthday present for me today   .

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

I was in shorts and a short sleeved shirt plus wind breaker, so it wasn't super cold, but it was still not sweltering here this morning.  It was a cool 28 F at the trail head when we started out for a 3 mile trail run. I am still recovering from an intestinal bug and was thinking of taking the day off, but Marley convinced me we needed to run.  She was pretty insistent.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

A bit colder here today after yesterday's warm run.  I'll either run at lunch or get in a run after work, now that the time has been changed.

Survived St. Paddy's Day.  Some good music and food and a Smithwicks or two.

My "Irish Eyes Were a Smiling" with my bride of 29 years.

Sandy - WOW, so cool and I'm jealous.  What a great race.

TT - Keep that bug in Baltimore, I can't afford to get sick. Hope you are 100% soon.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Yikes, it was hot yesterday when I ran, 86 and muggy. I'll get a few more in today if the weather isn't too bad.

Congratulations, Sandy. Look out for Tetsuro Ogata, or as I call him, Buford San. He will answer to Buford San, and he will probably laugh. He will be there; I am almost certain.

LB2

Finally chilled down here in Denver after record highs over the past number of days, in the low 30's during my run this morning. (Fine by me, 30's are my favorite running temps!) Got in 9 easy miles, ....emphasis on "easy". Wife and I may have ate/drank more than normal for our St Patty/anniversary/cartoon watching evening. Smile

Have a good day folks!

moonlightrunner

Congratulations and happy birthday, Sandy!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Getting ready to head out for a few miles.

Did 5 up the mountain yesterday, and parked my shin and knee on a sharp rock on the way down. The pain hit me about half a minute later, after several steps of "walking it off" - it was so bad I almost cried. But, as the descent continued to be very tricky, it went away again after several minutes. Always surprising what a steep, rocky chute, glazed with a two- or three-inch thick layer of ice (and me not having spikes or Yaktrax with me, or at least screw shoes), and a fierce, cold wind, can do for you (to you? ).

Today, the bruise extends halfway around the circumference of my leg. 

Just glad I didn't wreck the only pair of my running tights that can be tumbledried... 

Cold again here, I noticed the effect yesterday already, and it's not any better today. Wind chill squeezing the whopping 32 degrees down to 22. And the gusts don't necessarily suggest a run in the woods. So boring bike path it might be again today. Maybe I'll at least get in a decent distance then.

Sandy: That would have scared me, too. Way to go for Mt. Fuji!

TT: Get well quickly!

AT: Fun picture!

LB: 86 sounds just what I wish for. Or at least 68...

Derek: Eternal winter is not my favorite, but the mountains are a nice trade-off. Here in PA, it's just eternal winter.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Didn't run yesterday because as I walked to the john to change I realized I didn't have a wash cloth or towel for the prison bath after...so plan today is lunch time 5  and I do have towels.

QOTD:  What are you reading and is it any good.  I need to read more.  I am currently reading Alive and it is OK.

Sandy:  Exciting about your planned 100 miler.

TT:  That Marley is a smart one.

AT:  Nice shot of you and the bride.  Looks like you guys were having fun.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Have 5 miles planned for later when the kiddos are in the pool.   The winds are supposed to be dying down a bit by then, so I hope it will be enough to run in the woods without worrying about falling trees.

qotd:  Timely question.  I've been struggling thru 'Out of Africa' and have decided to give it up.  I cannot take it's long, pointless prose and underlying racist views.  I tried to stay with it as long as I could, rationalizing I was learning about an interesting time in Colonial Africa, but I can't take it anymore.  I rarely quit books.

AT-runner

Tim

Didn't run yesterday because as I walked to the john to change I realized I didn't have a wash cloth or towel for the prison bath after...so plan today is lunch time 5  and I do have towels.

Excuses, excuses 

Couch - Owser!  You probably had the same slick spots as I did with scattered ice, hope it mends quickly. No pictures?

QOTD:  Finishing the 5th book in "A Song of Fire and Ice" collection (Game of Thrones).  George R.R. Martin is pretty long winded.  Not sure if I like them or not, but once I started down the road I kept on going.  I would say entertaining but for me, not epic.  A friend kept telling me I NEEDED to read these books and when Amazon packaged all 5 (current) books for sale for Kindle, I bit.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

Impromptu 5 mile road tempo today and beat my old PB on this route by almost 2 minutes. Woohoo - but it was a tough workout. Surprise flurries on the way back.

Congrats Sandy, and lookin good AT. Couch- sounds harrowing!

qotd: Nothing exciting. I've got my nose in 'Eloquent Javascript', and 'A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man' off to the side for now. I've tried some of Joyce's other work w/o success so I've backed off to entry level.

moonlightrunner

No run yesterday or today. Software go-lives have me travelling 2 hours a day, leaving the house at 0500. Then, grandmother duty while DD works. Next week will be the same. Ill sneak a run in whenever I can.

Qotd: I am ashamed to admit...I am not reading anything...and have not for a long time.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

QOTD: I am in a rare lull and am not reading anything at the moment.  Recent reads include the Maze Runner series which was OK, but not great.  Before that it was Unbroken, which was good.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A quick 3 miler last night and saw a "sign" (similar to AT's Old AT sign.  Wasn't trail but I think the "sign" was trying to tell me something especially because I was trying to run a tempo run - the sign stated "SLOW".  Oh excuse me...I thought.

Today got in a WRR (work related run) - on my way back from a meeting I hit a trail. Just under 5 up and over the mountain and back again.  Was glorious!

Wow Sandy! Congrats!

Couch - get your bumps and bruises out while 2015 is young yet!

QOTD: What is reading?!?

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

I caught the sunrise here on Hilton Head during my run this morning, nice

cool temps. Although, I guess that is completely relative considering last

week DW and I were walking through piles of snow and single digits.  This

afternoon we rented kyacks and had a nice time on the bay wearing shorts

and t-shirts.

jame: I've got some great pics of the area from the past fall/winter, just gotta

figure out how to load them.

blarg: Good luck with the JJ, he's a tough dude to read.

QOTD: I just read about the pilgrims voyage and specifically Stephen Hopkins, very

interesting. Now I'm just reading Men are from Mares.....just because it's the only

here at the rental.