Trailer Trash

Piles of Miles Mondaily (Read 37 times)

Occasional Runner

I'm sitting at 305 miles for the month and am heading out for the ATY 48 hour race in a little while to add to that total. I'm shooting for 200+ miles. I think I have a legitimate shot of winning this race, mostly because Jon Olsen dropped at 109 miles after he realized he couldn't beat the world record at 48 hours. Either way, I'm aiming for a win and we'll see what happens.

QOTD: Do you have a mileage goal for 2014?

I'm aiming for 4000+ miles next year. Essentially the same as 2013.

NorthernHarrier

Still sick so not running or much of anything for that matter. I will man up and go to my job and because I am an optimist I will even pack a running bag.

I mainly checked in today to give a weather report. My wife, daughter, daughters boyfriend, and my two dogs are at our cabin in Presque Isle, Wi. where it is at -30F right now, Madison is at -8F and Anchorage is at 17F. May have to move to Alaska it appears.

QOTD-No. Just stay running healthy and not focus on numbers for me.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NH- I'm coming off a week illness myself (flu I think, or the worst cold I've ever had)- got my first run in a week yesterday evening

strength training this evening

qotd: 2012 I got ~ 1500, 2013 ~ 1700, 2014 ~ 1900??

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

The pooch and I had a nice 6 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: No real goals, but it would be nice to break 2000 miles for 2014 if the year goes well.  This year I am at 1721 so far with one more run to go.  I figure that I can probably do better next year because I retired at the end of June this year.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

Have yoga class after work, will try to get a few miles in after that.

Good luck on 200 miles lace!

NH,  -30* holy cow!

QOTD I would like to hit a nice round number like 2000, but would prefer to stay healthy as 1 goal!

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Good luck Kelly and it I hope you make it back to AZ for the Elephant Mt 50k ( saw your name on the entrant list when I signed up on Ultrasignup.)  I'll bring some good AZ brews down from Flag with me for post-race libations.

I'm headed out for five miles of mountain scrambling/running here in a bit.

Shooting for 2k miles in 2014 and also a minimum of 5k vertical gain per week.

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

Good luck lace_up !!!!!

qotd: Haven't thought of it yet, but I don't usually set a yearly goal.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm sitting at 305 miles for the month and am heading out for the ATY 48 hour race in a little while to add to that total. I'm shooting for 200+ miles. I think I have a legitimate shot of winning this race, mostly because Jon Olsen dropped at 109 miles after he realized he couldn't beat the world record at 48 hours. Either way, I'm aiming for a win and we'll see what happens.

Jon Olsen continued the race and finished with 200.51 miles. You'll need every one of those 200+ miles to win.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

5.7 (2.8 with Weston this morning)

Had a nice 15 mile trail run on Saturday, and *finally* found a connecting trail I have been looking for, to complete a 10 mile loop around Mercer Park lake.  I hope to use this route for a 15 mile fatass race in March.

Good luck Kelly!!

QOTD:  2000 miles.  I managed to get 1850 this year

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

Snowdenrun

...no run again today. I enjoy the run every time I get out there and do it. But the times seem to be few and far between. I know I'll work my mileage back up, the question is when?

QOTD: At the beginning of 2013 my goal was 1000 miles. When I realized I was going to hit that I made a big leap and bumped it up to 1500 miles. I'm somewhere between 1000 and 1100. I know I could make 1500 miles if I didn't month long breaks.

NothernHarrier- My little piece of AK is 43 degrees right now. But there is no sun in the 10 day forecast.

moonlightrunner

Sitting in my chair....no motivation. It is cold out, I ate too many carbs over the last few weeks and feel terrible as a result. At the end of the week my newly cut hours begin and I have to leave the department and coworkers where Ihave worked for the last 18 years. II'm being exhiled to the armpit of the hospital to a Room by myself.

I know I would feel better if I went out for a run, but have yet to do so today.

qotd: I don't keep track of miles.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hello trail people.  No running today.  I actually got out on Saturday for a 5.5 mile trail run on one of my favorite and what I call my "go to" trails.  My knee hurt like crazy towards the end.  So I limped the next two days.  Doctor appt. to come soon.

QOTD: I can't even think about mileage at this point.  I seem to get so mentally thrown off my injuries that thinking bigger picture like that just screws with my mind even more.  I don't want to stop running but I may have to seriously rethink the distances I enjoy running.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I need to run after work..unsure of how far but 3 to 6.

QOTD:  My goal has always been 1,500 but I have yet to reach it. I'm at 1238 right now.

Good Luck Lace..

jbyram2:   Awesome on locating a connector to make a loop.

moonlighter:   Bummer about the job...I understand...and in the same boat.  But I am still employed so happy about that.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Good afternoon trailers. 9-10 road miles for me today on a somewhat "new" road route. Not a bad run but my mind was in a weird place. I did find a small section of dirt road tucked into my planned run and so that was nice. Not too many sections of dirt/gravel roads left in my immediate vicinity. They are becoming extinct. I will likely hit the gym for some lifting, stretching, and swimming this evening.

QOTD: No hard/firm mileage goals for 2014 but I'd like to be around 2500. This year I will be just under 2250. First time over 2,000 since the wheels fell off in 2011.

Boyjame - What's up with the knee? Inside, outside, front, top, below? Where is the pain. Patellar tendinitis, ITBS, something else?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Slogged through 8 miles bringing my yearly total to 1825. If I take tomorrow as a rest day that will be averaging exactly 5 miles per day for the year.

QOTD: 2000 miles for 2014, a level I haven't run since 1994.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.