Trailer Trash

Turbulent Tuesday (Read 36 times)

NorthernHarrier

7 road miles this morning in the dark. Slippery and sloppy--just the way I like it Wink.  Now I'm in the middle of a 12 hour day. Oh well.

I see another early morning run in the hood tomorrow and maybe an instant weight workout.

QOTD--I/we have been very lucky with vehicles. The Subaru I recently got rid of was bought new and I put 280K on it. Bought a new Subaru and took my wife's Mitsubishi and that has 240k on it and sadly runs great. Would kind of like that to die so I could get either another Subaru or a Toyota pickup.

7 road miles this morning in the dark. Slippery and sloppy--just the way I like it Wink.  Now I'm in the middle of a 12 hour day. Oh well.

I see another early morning run in the hood tomorrow and maybe an instant weight workout.

QOTD--I/we have been very lucky with vehicles. The Subaru I recently got rid of was bought new and I put 280K on it. Bought a new Subaru and took my wife's Mitsubishi and that has 240k on it and sadly runs great. Would kind of like that to die so I could get either another Subaru or a Toyota pickup.

Whenever I do get a new car (hopefully not until I move to the 'burbs) I will definitely be getting a Subaru or Toyota... everyone I know who has one loves them.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 10 miles on the horsey trail in the Gettysburg Battlefield.  Came up behind 3 horses and riders and announced my presence very loudly.  Very friendly folks, which is NOT the norm for the battlefield crowd.  That's one way to tell that Touron (tourist-moron) season is over.

QOTD:  2006 Honda Ridgeline, 176,000 miles.  Love the vehicle but starting to have a slip in the transmission and due for new tires.  Currently looking for replacement.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

I'm starting to feel lazy. I haven't run in over a week. Hopefully tomorrow night. Since it's deer season here in Pa I'll probably wait untill it's dark.

QOTD: No problems lately. But with 4 older vehicles it's only a matter of time. I have a '01 Hyundai with 202,000 miles, a '97 Dodge P/U with 148,000, a '03 Saturn Ion with 192,000 and the newest is a '07 Hyundai Santa Fe with "only" 125,000. The Saturn is the most solid and I'm planning on running that to 300,000 miles.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

What a dreary and rainy day here.  I guess Bella and I will get out for a little while after work tonight, but nothing fast or far, as my quads are still a little sore.  I figure one more day and this DOMS will leave.

QOTD: I hate cars.  I hate spending money on cars.  I had a 2003 VW Jetta that gave me ten million problems -- I had that damn thing for 6 years and dumped way too much money into it.  Now I'm leasing a 2012 Honda Civic.  I kinda like leasing because I don't have to worry about anything except not going over my mileage limit and getting oil changes.  Bikes > cars.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

it's a balmy 3 degrees out w/ a windchill of -17F, sooooooooo I opted for 5.5 miles on the dreadmill- I don't like the dreadmill, but I hate -17F even more!  I better get use to the TM as we're looking at least a week of below 0 temps  Roll eyes  I think when I really retire retire, I'm going to be a snowbird

qotd: we're good to go on vehicles, both are pretty new (WRX and a Tacoma)- had to spend $2000 on new snow tires for both vehicles a month ago, but knock on wood that's about it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did an easy 4 taper miles after work today.  Nothing special.

qptd:  a few years ago we had two cars about the same vintage and mileage (1996 Camry, 1995 Lumina and both had over 200k miles).  One or the other was typically leaking or doing something or the other, typically 500 to 700 bucks a pop.  We got rid of them and now we have two newer ones (2009 Hybrid Civic, 2011 Camry), now we only have to worry about gas, oil and air in the tires.  (Knocks wood).

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL