Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 33 times)

Marley didn't seem to be herself. She made it clear her heart wasn't in it for our run so I cut it short at 1.5 mile. She doesn't seem sick and has no obvious injury, but does seem like she might be a little stiff and sore. She has slipped on the ice a few times in the last week and I suspect she is just a little banged up. I'll keep an eye on her and take her to the vet if she seems to feel any worse.

I am fighting off a chest cold myself so an easy day or two is probably a good thing any way.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

hog4life

RD for me.

Trail, how often does Marley get rest days? I usually only run Bella 2-3 days per week.

Running after work today, then planning for a longish run tomorrow followed by Chilly Cheeks trail run in Reading on Sunday. Should be a great weekend!

Trail, how often does Marley get rest days? I usually only run Bella 2-3 days per week.

We don't take very many rest days.  Marley isn't too shy about letting me know when she wants one, but she doesn't do it very often.  We took two days off so far this year.  I figure our daily mileage is pretty low and my pace pretty easy for her.  Also she knows the trails well enough that she can take short cuts cutting off loops and waiting for me if she feels lazy.  Using those tactics, if she wants to she can go with me and still take it pretty easy.  When she seems to be doing that I tend to take it easy and cut the run shorter than I might have otherwise.

She mostly seems to want rest days in the first couple weeks of the hot weather when it arrives.  Then she acclimates.  In the colder weather she is usually pretty energized, although sometimes she seems to get tired of the ice if the trails are super slippery for long.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

SRD.  Leaving at lunch to go to Chincoteague Island for the weekend.  Plan on a 22 miler either Saturday or Sunday, depending on when the storm passes.  Our run will be about 100' of total elevation change, so not really ideal for my R2R2R training, but will be "time-on-my-feet" training.

Hope Marley feels better soon.

I was in DC yesterday, as my sister had surgery for complications from her initial breast cancer surgery.  Things look good now, and they feel she is cancer free.  Just has to get over cellulitis, so she'll be in the hospital for a few days on IV antibiotics.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Heading out at noon for about 4 miles.  Didn't run yesterday since it was 'torture the runners' day at yoga.  I'm feeling a bit banged up today, too.  Sadly, I suspect Marley will recover more quickly than me.

AT-- I'm sorry to hear about your sister's complications, but it seems to have come also with good news.  That's great to hear.

qotd:  Any weekend plans?   For me, swim meet, then, an evening of skiing on Saturday.   Trying out the new skis since my old, new skis were in the fire.  Since we're also getting snow to the north, it might be a really good day!   Sunday will be running, but not far.

sugnim

Good morning.  I had an uneventful 4 mile run this morning.  I'll be glad when the mornings are light and the trails aren't covered with ice.

QOTD: Nothing out of the ordinary for me.  Rehearsal with my wind quintet, running, making a big dinner on Sunday, hanging out with my family.

hog4life: I take my dog out with me on all of my runs; 5-6 times per week.  She gets antsy on rest days.

AT: I hope your sister heals soon.

muppy

4.6 road miles last night. Was kind of a tempo run, last mile was 8:20 pace which I'm happy with since I didn't run for 4 months and I weigh in at 242.

Trails good luck at Chilly Cheeks, looks like you might have some fresh snow to run in!

AT Hope your sister recovers soon!

DC have fun skiing!

QOTD I will be working plowing and shoveling snow, bah  humbug!

NorthernHarrier

Just under 2 hours on the trails at Brooklyn. Started out in screw shoes and went back to the car and put on the micro spikes. Pretty much an icy trail deal the entire run. Spikes are a very good thing.

QOTD--Head north real early and do a snowshoe race in Phillips, Wi. on the way to my shack. Sunday will be a bushwack ski with snowshoes strapped to my back as I head back into a gorge on the wildest river in the upper midwest in the U.P. It's pretty awesome.  Monday, a fairly long road run and then head home. All this is weather permitting as it looks like some dicey conditions starting tonight with freezing rain. So we'll see. Sometimes it just isn't worth it if you can just go the following weekend instead.

Daydreamer1

Got up late. Then I had to wait on DW hand and foot (pun intended). She's still recovering from her bunion surgery.

Now I just need to let breakfast settle in then I'll head out for 10+ miles. I had hoped to hit the state forest for some logging road and light trail running, but getting up late makes me pushed for time so I guess it will be the snow covered dirt roads around the house instead.

AT -- Hope the antibiotics work fast and she has a quick recovery.

NH - I envy your ability to get out into the outback so often.

QOTD: Work tomorrow for a 12 hour shift. Since it's a 6 am to 6 pm I might have some time to get in a run after work.  Nothing special planned for Sunday. I'll probably try to get out for a run of some type.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I blew the run off yesterday because so many people at work are getting sick and I felt funky so thought a rest day would be fine.  But I feel great today so unsure what that funky was from..stress and anxiety probably which a run would have cured!!!  Will run today at lunch 5 miles.  Dog walk the mutts this am.

QOTD:  My 18 year old nephew is coming to visit us.  So I have a long weekend as I took Monday and Tuesday off.  We are suppose to be in the high 60s.  So plans are for jeeping, quading, hiking, kayaking, and having fun with Frankie.  Really looking forward to it.  We use to take him and his brother with us all the time for week long trips until we moved up here.  It will be great to spend a full 4 days with him and get to know him again, since we moved here 6 years ago.

NH:  What does your wife think about you leaving every weekend to head north?  You can tell me NOYB!  PS Good luck in your race...as in have fun.  Sounds like you have a great weekend planned.

DC:  Have fun skiing.  I'd like to go but can stomach paying $100 for shitty snow.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Had to stay 2 hrs late at work, so no mid-day run for me today, as the kids are off school and I don't have anybody else looking after them. Now I'm missing out on a wonderful and warm (30's), sunny day with soft snow. Isn't work a lovely thing... 

That said, with a teen in the house, and two boys who just discovered skiing, it might be a good thing to earn an extra buck or two!

TT: I hope Marley will be her spunky self again soon.

hog: Enjoy the rest!

T&C: Lots of running, have fun!

AT: Best wishes for your DW for a speedy recovery after the complications. She seems to be a real trooper!

Oh, and keep working on your elevation gain...

traildc: You must just love your yoga!

sugnim: I'm hoping for a quick end to this year's ice age, too!

Muppy: You lost me. I don't even want to imagine what your race pace is...

Harrier: Seconding the spikes, same here. The whole landscape hibernating under 6 inches of solid ice.

DD1: Don't underestimate those snow-covered roads. They can be quite intense, too!

Queen: Thinking of your comment on men running ultras in Jamie's thread, maybe you just need a new running buddy to get your mojo back... 

And mid-60's sounds just like the kind of winter I could appreciate!

QOTD: Off work tomorrow, so I'm planning on skiing with the boys. Maybe a nice run on Sunday after work, weather permitting.

Run for fun.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

10 min walking on inclined treadmill starting at 3% ending at 8%, then 30  min of leg lifts and stretches.  Stupid hips.

Muppy:  Good to see you going out again but DAMN that was really fast and long for a first run back.  Please say hi to Uncle DOMS for me on Sunday!  I don't miss him.

TT:  I hope Marley is OK.

TnC:  Enjoy the chilly Cheeks!  That isn't one of Pretzel City's naked races, is it?

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16