Trailer Trash

Goodbye Garmin 305 - hello Echo (Read 38 times)

charlesmoman

My Garmin 305 would not hold a charge like it did when a fresh new puppy. I almost sent it in to Garmin and paid $80+ to get a refurb. I ran across the Magellan Echo "smart watch" and got one for $129. It "echoes" the data from your iPhone running app. Here is a TOO LONG video of me showing the highlights. I did not script it, so I wandered a bit - sorry - you don't have to watch it!

For fast and competitive runners - you will not be interested - you want to be as light as possible. I got it for ultras - as long as you keep your iPhone running - the Echo will keep working. I have a Anker recharge unit (shown in video) that is not small, but can fully charge an iPhone 5-6 times. I wear a vest, so it works great - for me.

YouTube link below. Again, sorry it is so long.

My Magellan Echo review

LB2

I need to get something. But I probably won't.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks for the review- something like that might be exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to upgrade to one of the new larger iphones when they come out (currently have a stupid phone Big grin)  There are some really good gps mapping apps out there and I usually carry a camera on my long runs- so the phone can take over several duties- and having a watch to quickly glance at w/o digging out the phone makes good sense

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √