Trailer Trash

Mondaily (Read 32 times)

Occasional Runner

The pup and I went out for a short mountain run this morning. We have more fresh snow and it's COLD up there. We have a cold front coming in and are going to drop into single digits this week.

I'm working until early afternoon then flying to Arizona. Te weather won't be much warmer down there.

QOTD: Any big plans for New Years Eve?

I'll be running but will stop at midnight to toast the new year.

muppy

4.6 miles on some trails.

QOTD  My dad has a little New Year's eve party that we will be going to. i've done the ball dropping at midnight thing before, but no more, way too many people for me!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got my last run in the outdoors yesterday for awhile, we're -2 now and dropping (and the wind is blowing!)   Hopefully this front will clear out by the end of the week.

Will strength train this evening.

qotd: I get Thursday off, but likely we won't even make it to midnight   Hoping to run 15 on Thursday, weather dependent

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Marley and I did a hilly muddy 4 moles of trail this morning.

QOTD: A quiet evening at home.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning folks!  I got in a nice hike with DH yesterday in the snow, and then a fast 3 miles on the treadmill.  Today, it is in the single digits with wind chills in the double negative digits later tonight.  I'll get out later this morning before we leave town.

Muppy- it's good to see you back!

qotd:  quiet evening with the family, and packing to catch an early flight on new years day.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's a rest day for me.  I think my foot is starting to feel much better.

QOTD: Nope.  I'll be sleeping before midnight.

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

-3 in Presque Isle, Wi. right now. I'll be heading out right after my coffee is gone for a couple hours of x-c skiing followed by some snowshoe running.. Might have mentioned it before but I'm liking this 4 day work week thing. I'll be heading back to tropical Madison late this afternoon.

QOTD--No plans here. Probably sleeping long before midnight. Exciting stuff.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning, Working today, then a run later, hopefully in daylight. Last night it was a night run again, but at least with the whole family. DD is glad to get that much night run experience, and I think she is pretty brave, running on her own at times when I take off to add an additional small loop and then meet up with her again. Now we are all excited about our upcoming 5k on New Year's Eve. Which leads to the QOTD: the local First Night Resolution Run with DD and perhaps some of her and my friends, then a nice hot shower, and good food until midnight. I'll work early on New Year's Day, but I must see that ball fall!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Was a rest day, but sun is out and I brought my clothes along for a run at lunch.  Might go into Battlefield and run there since most of the "Tourons" are gone.

QOTD:  Playing cards with some friends and then head to the Square for midnight fireworks.  I'll have a sip of champagne at midnight, otherwise I don't drink on New Years.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Ended up with just under 5 with the GSP in  7 degrees/ -7 windchill.  I had on all my running clothes and felt a little like the michelin man, but it worked.   Tomorrow will be colder, so now I know how to dress.

Occasional Runner

Ended up with just under 5 with the GSP in  7 degrees/ -7 windchill.  I had on all my running clothes and felt a little like the michelin man, but it worked.   Tomorrow will be colder, so now I know how my clothing plan.

How does the GSP handle that kind of cold?

runtraildc

As long as he's moving, he does fine.  And he moves fast and far.   He's a hunter and spends a lot of time in the woods, so he might be better adapted than others.  I was concerned about snow pack in his paws, which can be an issue with our family springer, but the GSP was completely unfazed.

How does the GSP handle that kind of cold?

Occasional Runner

As long as he's moving, he does fine.  And he moves fast and far.   He's a hunter and spends a lot of time in the woods, so he might be better adapted than others.

This is my first winter running with my pointer and I was initially worried about her sensitivity to cold, but so far, she seems to be fine. With the exception of one rainy day...that was a tough one for her. But like you said, my dog is in the mountains almost every day, so I think she's well acclimated.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Cold here too (33) but no snow just sun.  Have stuff for lunchtime run of 5.  Nice when it's cool because I don't get too sweaty.

QOTD:  No big plans...4 day weekend for me and would like to go to about 3 movies playing, clean up the yard, and maybe watch the windows.  I'll probably be asleep by midnight.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

SRD today.

qotd: a quiet evening at home.  Once again I plan to volunteer at a local marathon that starts at 8am on new year's day, so it is best no to go too crazy the night before.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL