Trailer Trash

Half way there Wednesday (Read 31 times)

Gator eye

Dirt roads are solid mud and ruts, we hit the pavement for 8 this morning.

I see Superior charged my card so I guess I'm signed up for the 100 this fall. I did some shopping for a hotel room only to find them booked solid unless I wanted to rent a town house for stupid amount of money. I might be tenting it.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning, Trailers!!    I rode my bike to work today!  Yay!  It was a beautiful (although slightly chilly) morning for it.  Going home I'm going to have a tailwind in 70 degrees.  Doesn't get much better than that.

Congrats, Gator!  You're going to love that race.  And hate it.  And love it.  Bring a camera!

QOTD: Miles for March?  I rolled in at 123, which is less than I wanted, but that's okay.

Running is dumb.

DigDug2

Morning, all.  I haven't posted in a while, taking a break from running for a couple of months and then easing back into it on the treadmill and indoor bike to deal with Achilles issues I was having for most of last year.  (I tried starting a Treadmill Trash forum, but it's just not the same...)  So far, so good - ran 38 miles last week with some hills and the Achilles seem OK.  My running rebirth is coinciding with some finally decent weather in CT, so I'm looking forward to a great April.

QOTD:  132, plus a lot of time on the bike.  I only took 3 days off, so I'm happy with the month.

And now to catch up on previous QOTDs:

40-45 mpw

no goal races coming up

treadmill (piece of equipment that got me through the winter)

$52 of REI Rewards

Star-Spangled Banner (popular thing that I hate)

cereal, milk and coffee

smart phone (dumb user)

Pushing my week schedule back 1 day due to a little soreness, so today will be a rest day. Taper time anyway!

qotd: 141 miles running, 15.5 miles hiking/climbing (sad) and around 16k elevation.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Feeling oh so better today.  I think I am in for a short run tonight or perhaps give it one more day.

Digdug - treadmill trash?  That could be an interesting group! (oh and welcome back)

QOTD: Ended at around 60 -  shy of my goal by about 20.  I was well on my way to 80 and a good at 80 at that when I got sick.  Maybe the week off will do my legs/back good anyway.  So I will get back on it and stick 80 for April and shoot for 100 in May.  That's the plan anyway.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Good morning all. 6 miles last night running 2 loops of the hemlock point trail at Green Lane reservoir. Lovely conditions. Grey skies, temps in the upper 30's with drizzle and rain. At one point I thought it was sleet. Still for the most part good conditions on the trail at least. A similar run tonight but it looks to be a sunny day instead.

QOTD: 255. Good month considering the first full week of March I was down with the crud.

Gator Eye - Have fun at Superior. I found out the same thing about rooms when I ran it. The regular rooms sell out way ahead of time. I ended up with a free night though at one of the condos but yes it was pricey and really one day we didn't use it all. Still was grateful to be close to a shower and a bed immediately afterwards.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Good tempo/pace effort on the roads. 7 miles though not quite all at high intensity. Once in a while I actually catch a little of that elusive endorphin thing.   Yeah, it looks to be an awesome day around here.

DigDug--Good going.  Nice way to catch up too.  I was reminded last night when I heard Led Zeppelin that that should have been my answer that day to things I hate that everyone else loves.

Mandy--glanced at the trails of the Arb as I flew by on my road run--they look pretty moist.

QOTD--168

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Welcome back, DigDug!

Harrier, word from the Madison Trail Runners group on Facebook is that Brooklyn is in okay shape.  ("As of last night the Ice Age Trail near Montrose was in really good condition.")

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Going to walk today to help burn some calories while I taper.  My walking is getting very fast at 14 min/mile.  I saw a guy years ago at JFK who was walking that pace and thought I could never do that, but looks like practice makes perfect.

Gator - Congratulations!

Digdug2 - Glad you are on the mend.

That reminds me, where is Birdwell?  I was wondering how Baby Bird was doing. Hope he stops by,

QOTD:  228 miles.  Had a 65 mile week and that helps.  My biggest Jan-Mar totals in many years.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: 255. Good month considering the first full week of March I was down with the crud.

Nice job Kelly XT !  Those doubles really add up.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Heading out for 5 in Rock Creek at noon.  Might even fit in a double today, with a run downtown to meet DH (and get tacos afterwards).

DigDug- good to have you back!  nice catch up

And GatorEye--Have fun at Superior.  And holler if you want any thoughts on places to stay.  I know the area well and have camped in most of the forest and state campgrounds, if you're eyeing one of those.  Grand Marais is completely booked, too?

I see Superior charged my card so I guess I'm signed up for the 100 this fall. I did some shopping for a hotel room only to find them booked solid unless I wanted to rent a town house for stupid amount of money. I might be tenting it.

qotd:  Ditto on what Jamie said.

LB2

I'll get 5 after work on the trails.

QOTD: 121, which is 21 more than I had planned.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Spending yet another day at work and this one looks like it will be a nice one, at least from a weather veiw point. Things aren't going to well at work these days. The overall system is probably going to be merging with another system and our department isn't doing well. Now our management team is running scared and turning into buttholes to try to cover their mistakes.  Oh well, there are always other jobs out there if this place goes completely under.

QOTD: 132. Should have been better but there were several days the beginning of the month where I just wasn't feeling the best and didn't run. Some other days were cut short. On the positive side the last two weeks were really good.

Marley and I had another nice 3 mile trail run.  We are having fun checking out the new to us trails.

Qotd: I don't want to know.   The total would be pretty poor, a fraction of normal.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Halfway there Wednesday...although I love to tick off the work week it scares me a little because at the same time I am ticking off my life. 

I'm going to do the group run tonight.  We usually do about 6.  It's the leaders birthday and she is a great person so may buy some cupcakes to celebrate..or just sing happy birthday.

QOTD:  86.7 (yes .7...I ran it I'm taking it!!!) way less than I wanted.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄