Trailer Trash

Dark Fridaily (Read 40 times)

runtraildc

Morning all!  Got in 5 miles this morning before dawn.  Seemed darker than usual on the side streets that I could have used my headlamp.  Also passed by the 'murder house'-- always a little creepy.  It's a house in our community that has had two violent burglaries that ended in three deaths (different owners, almost 10 years apart).  quiet, safe suburban so it is definitely unusual.

qotd:  totally not running related-- Do you believe in ghosts? (or some version of unexplained, unknown spirit?  I don't think I do (too much of a science brain that needs verified data), but at the same time, there are things that cannot be explained.  I can't help but think this house has some unexplained energy or something...

Occasional Runner

I'm laying on my bed in a hotel in Phoenix, procrastinating. I'm going to head out for a short shakeout run if I can convince myself to pull some shoes on.

I missed the Javelina Beer Mile yesterday and arrived after they started. I still had a good time watching though, and giving Ian Sharman shit for not running it.

QOTD: I had an experience once that suggests they may be real.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Almost didn't get out the door this morning, Dorian was either dreaming, having restless leg syndrome or growing pains. I don't think it was gas but he would gripe, toss and turn, gripe some more and then back to sleep. The only sucky thing about letting him sleep with us is that he hates having the covers on him........ anyways.

A chilly 32 degrees this morning so I was dressed accordingly, tights, an underarmour long sleeve, and then some windbreaker water resistant jacket thing, then my gloves and a head/ear band thingy. I was feeling pretty damn constricted, and clumsy. The first two miles on the trails consisted of a lot of tripped and stubbing my toes, I couldn't get the headlamp to sit right and I just felt sluggish for some reason. Rocky felt great, he actually stayed right behind me 90% of the run which is strange but I tell myself it's because it was pitchblack, I had the light and there was nobody else out there. Overall, 5 miles in 55:03 with an average pace of 11 min/mile which I am happy with as I didn't want it to be too fast and it was challenging. Rocky was ready for more, 5 miles has already quickly become easy for him but I won't increase his mileage until after the Indy Half next weekend, mainly because I'll need to take easy this coming week. After the race, I'll increase one or 2 of his 3 weekly runs to 6 miles while leaving Wednesday either 3 or 4 which is on the Greenway. Lots of coffee for me this morning, and stretching. It is still cold outside.

QOTD: Hmmm...... it depends for me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening, with my slight pullback w/ running it appears my strength is slightly increasing- could be just coincidence????

qotd: probably not (until I bump into one of course Big grin)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Procrastinating my long run. Going to head out for 20+ on the trails in chilly weather. Last long-long run before Stone Mill.

QOTD: I believe in unexplained phenomenons....not really ghosts in the tradiitional sense.

The pooch and I had a great 6 mile trail run.  I love this weather, lows in the 30's and highs in the 50's equal perfect running weather for me, although I don't mind winter weather either.

QOTD: My logical side wants to say no, but I have had experiences that make it impossible to say no to that.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

Off from work today. Planning 7 at the state park later today. It is kinda cold and rainy...but a great day for a run anyway.

qotd: yes. no good reason to..but I do.

C'mon Lace and TT...give us some details. I love a good ghost/spirit story....it is almost Halloween.

free soul: what you going to wear when it really gets cold out. I sympathize with u on the toe stubbing...this the season with the leaves and the dark.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

jonferg67

Endless trails

I got out on some new trails for 4 miles this morning, new to me I should say.

Still having an Achilles issue, starting bothering me at 2.5, so I just took it easy. 

I lost my job yesterday so I suddenly have plenty of time for training and trail

maintenance, I'll need the distraction to keep my sanity in between applying,

interviewing, etc. 

QOTD: I don't really believe in ghosts, but I do believe in energy. I think energy

can take various forms that people mistake as ghosts. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I normally love leaves, but I made the mistake and didn't grab my second light, and I couldn't get my stupid headlamp aiming the way I wanted it to. Night time running in Autumn can be a little unnerving, all the leaves on the ground can almost hide the trail completely and then trying to aim the light down so you don't trip over a hidden root can cause you to lose the trail ahead, but this is only a real problem if the trail is wide. I am sure once I get used to these trails at night, I'll get better. I have a warmer jacket thingy that zips up, when it gets below 25 I'll wear that and when I warm up I'll just wrap it around my waist. I warm up really fast, and can end up burning up, so I must suffer some cold air in the first 3 miles or so. Sooner or later I'll have to wear the ski mask thingy too..........  for socks I have two pairs of I think wool type for really cold, because for some reason all my running shoes are well ventilated. I'll probably just wear the tights no matter what.

Off from work today. Planning 7 at the state park later today. It is kinda cold and rainy...but a great day for a run anyway.

qotd: yes. no good reason to..but I do.

C'mon Lace and TT...give us some details. I love a good ghost/spirit story....it is almost Halloween.

free soul: what you going to wear when it really gets cold out. I sympathize with u on the toe stubbing...this the season with the leaves and the dark.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Occasional Runner

Ok...Here's my ghost story.

I was staying at the Delaware Hotel in Leadville for the 2012 race. The hotel is ancient and definitely has that feel. I always stay in the same suite on the 2nd floor. My room is at the end of a long hallway. This hallway is lined on both sides with dozens of pieces of antique furniture. Large desks, dressers, all sorts of big wooden pieces. Adjacent to the door to my room, there's a dress mannequin and an antique baby buggy.

Ok...I set the scene.

I woke up one morning at 4:00 AM and headed down to the lobby to get a cup of coffee before my morning run. When I opened the door and looked down the hall, I noticed that ONE drawer on each piece of furniture was pulled open. I walked down the hall and confirmed this. ONE drawer on every piece.

That was odd but easy enough to explain away.

I bounced down the stairs, grabbed a cup of coffee and headed back up. When I got back to my door, the baby buggy was pushed against my door and the dress mannequin was moved and now standing in front of my door, looking in.

I was gone for less than 30 seconds and there was only one employee working at that time of night and he was in the back office doing paperwork. You can't walk on those floors without making a lot of noise and Jo didn't hear anybody outside our room. We were also the only people staying on that floor.

How do you explain that? It was damn creepy.

When I was back this year, the owner and I got on the topic and when I explained my experience to him he got a look of terror on his face. He went on to explain that they've had experts come into the hotel to work on the problem and the ghosts normally leave the guests alone but they occasionally latch on to frequent guests and mess with them.

Lovely.

sugnim

Good morning trailers!  Our little one was up all last night fussy & crying. I am so sleepy today. Still, I'd rather be out running than here at the office.  I'm probably not going to get a run in today, but they are predicting frigid temps & snow next week, so I definitely want to get out on the trails this weekend for what may be my last run of the season in short sleeves & without ice cleats!

QOTD: No.

moonlightrunner

Lace: good story.. thanks for sharing. I am bet Leadville has more than its share of ghostly activity. Would have definitely left me with a creepy feeling.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I will run later when I get home .

Today is a State Holiday - Nevada Day . Tomorrow we are going to Carson City to run an 8k in costume before the parade . I have a Lily Munster costume I can run in , I just need some stuff to streak my hair .

QOTD: I keep an open mind about things supernatural or just beyond my understanding

Sandy-2

A nice 10 miler this morning.  It's finally a little cool around here.  I'm off to Italy this evening.  It's tough, but someone has to do it !!!!

qotd:  Not really.

tbd.

Low_O2

Happy Friday all!

3.5 miles around the hood with the dog last night. Another sluggish feeling run... Doing the Sandia Crossing "fun run" this weekend, 29 mile traverse of the local mountain range. I've wanted to do to this run for years, just wish I was a little better prepared. Should be fun anyway.

Good luck to the racers this weekend!

QOTD: I've never had any experiences to make me believe in ghosts, but am open to the possibility based on the experiences of many others.