Trailer Trash

Cow Tipping Tuesdaily (Read 45 times)

Occasional Runner

I'm checking in from BFE Nebraska this morning. Got out for a run in 13 degree weather and 35 MPH winds. The damn wind never stops blowing out here. Ever. I've been traveling here for 5 years and it escapes my why anybody would ever live here on purpose. I've never found anything particularly appealing about this area. The only time I've been happy in Nebraska is when they shut the boarding door on the airplane and I get to leave.

Anyway....

I'm feeling really good and recovery from Moab will be a breeze. I'll be running in New Mexico tomorrow and I'm looking forward to that.

QOTD: If you could be sponsored by ANY company, who would it be?

I would like New Balance and Oakley. I like their stuff a lot and spend a lot of money on it. It would help my household budget if I could get it free.

Birdwell

Morning folks!

heading out to the gym for a "core conditioning" class. Got in half an hour at the pool last night, it felt really good to stretch out in the water after

after the weekends race. I'm trying to get my body used to this "new normal".

QOTD: I'd take anything. UltraSpire would be cool, so would Smartwool. They seem to have gotten more of my money than anyone else lately.

I would also be happy with a 25% discount at my local running store.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

Morning folks.    Easy run last night......10 miles this evening.  Trying to put together a training plan and stick to it.....seems like work  :-\

qotd:  Right now, I don't want to be sponsored by anyone except my wonderful wife.  i spent many years as a sponsored athlete (if archers are considered athletes) in another sport.  It got to the point where i felt like i was competing for them and not for myself and I quickly fell out of love with shooting my bow.  I have pretty much given up shooting simply because the fun is gone.  i don't blame that on the sponsors themselves, as they were generally wonderful people and companies, but instead on my own personal drive and competitiveness and making myself feel like I had to live up to someone else's standards and goals.  For now, I am very happy just to go out and run on my own schedule, race whatever i feel like racing, and not have to worry about anyone's expectations and schedule except my own.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning.  Freezing rain here right now, so I'm going to play wimp and do my speed work on Satan's Walkway instead.  I usually don't mind the rain, but just not in the mood for it today.

Lace - I lived 2 blocks from the Mississippi in Davenport, Iowa for a while.  Once you head west from there, it all looks the same. Boring.

Birdwell - hope your recovery is going well.

mecrowe - Yes, archers are athletes.  Anything with that hand-eye coordination is athletic.

QOTD:  Dunkin' Donuts

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Good morning lace, Birdwell, mecrowe and AT.

Got back from the mid-east yesterday.  That is a long flight, non-stop Dubai to Houston.  At one point I looked up and we had been in the plane for 8 hours, and we were not halfway there yet.  It was like a sitting ultra...  I watched a million movies and TV shows.

I was up early this morning but didn't run yet, will likely sneak in a few miles afrer work today.

qotd: Never really thought about it, but since I am currently in need a new pair of shoes I'll go with Asics.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 6 miles this morning - just beat the sunrise.  Beautiful orange fire works as the sun was rising somewhere.

welcome back Sandy - I think I forgot to say congrats to your DD. Despite her horse being pulled, still such an incredible accomplishment! Hope you all had fun over there.

mcrowe- you are training for Laurel right?

lace - Nebraska was never high on my list for places to live.  Enough said.

AT - I think I was out before we got any precip. It's coming though.

birdwell - good to see you are recovered or recovering well.

QOTD: Uhh....I dunno.  Maybe Salomon cuz I like their stuff but I don't buy a lot since it's so expensive.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning everyone!

4.5 fast miles on the long route from work to home yesterday.  I'm starting to see the benefits of speed work and it's nice!  6 miles with DS and the running group planned tonight.

Sandy- congrats on your sitting ultra finish.   And to your DD- by your reports, it looked an amazing trip, despite ending early.

qotd.  I'm with At-Runner, I want a donut sponsorship.  Any will do, but the smaller more local bakery, the better.  and if that doesn't work out, smartwool.

Good morning all. Great runs. Missed all the dailies this weekend but I got in another great 30 milers on Saturday. Did easy 6 yesterday and today to get ready for the Febapple 50 miler this weekend. Didn't taper at all because I'm just using it as training for my 100 miler in April so we'll see how that works out for my legs.

qotd: I too spend all my money on NB so that would be spectacular.

mecrowe

Computer Geek

mecrowe - Yes, archers are athletes.  Anything with that hand-eye coordination is athletic.

Good to know that I was an athlete even while being fat and out-of-shape  Big grin   Archery is all about standing and holding as still as possible...running is relentless forward motion.......and yet the number of nuances and details that cross over is astounding.

mcrowe- you are training for Laurel right?

I am.....although I have slightly reset my expectations and will be running the 50K option this year.

sugnim

Good morning all.  I think I can finally get back into running after a terrible month.  The medicine the doc gave me for my stomach let me do 8 miles yesterday afternoon with no problem.  I'm kind of wondering if I'll be able to pull of the half that I had planned for the coming weekend.

QOTD:  Maybe a real estate company or a grocery store; I like to keep things practical.  But, I don't think those types of places sponsor anyone, so maybe Moving Comfort.  Ladies, you know what I mean.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Day 107 of no running.

QOTD:  Montrail for the shoes, Patagonia for gear, and New Glarus Brewing Company.  Big grin

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Taking the day off.

Mcrowe: The support of your spouse is worth a million dollars!!!

QOTD:  Mandy beat me to it.  I was going to say Sierra Nevada Brewing Company; so how about Smith Winery.  They are in my back yard.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

I was planning on doing my sort 4.5 mile road loop between studying today (I have a biology test tomorrow). Unfortunately it's snowing and maybe turning to ice later, so I may just go on the elliptical later. I hate running on the roads when  the snow gets too deep due to problems with traffic.

QOTD: There are three that I can think of. The first would be Beverly International. I use one of their bodybuilding supplements for recovery and it works very well for me. Second would be Hoka. I have a pair of Mafates that I use mostly for road, they have over 700 miles on them and they still provide good cushion for my feet and knees. Last, but not least, and maybe the one I would want the most would be Hess Gasoline. I use it alot in my vehicles, it does a good job for me, and it sure would reduce my costs.

Ultra Cowboy

qotd:  Right now, I don't want to be sponsored by anyone except my wonderful wife.  i spent many years as a sponsored athlete (if archers are considered athletes) in another sport.  It got to the point where i felt like i was competing for them and not for myself and I quickly fell out of love with shooting my bow.  I have pretty much given up shooting simply because the fun is gone.  i don't blame that on the sponsors themselves, as they were generally wonderful people and companies, but instead on my own personal drive and competitiveness and making myself feel like I had to live up to someone else's standards and goals.

It is funny you mention this.  While I never reached the pinnacle of Archery to be a staff shooter for a shop, or bow company I was amazed at the sheer number of shooter shirts at Vegas WAF.  It really made me seriously reconsider my goal of becoming one.  I almost went in the opposite direction to declare my "independence" .  Now that I've taken a vacation from practicing archery, when I shot for the first time in 8 months and was shocked at how my groups grew...It appears accuracy is as perishable as speed and endurance.

To answer the question, I'd happily be an ambassador for my local running store, Fleet Feet of Santa Rosa.  New Balance IS my running shoe.

Other than those I'm open to plenty of other brand options.

WYBMADIITY

Save

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

morning all- finally feeling a little better today, so much for a 24 hour stomach bug!  Plan on an easy 4 miler this evening

qotd: American or United Airlines Smile  the big $ is in travel, I am fortunate to have several pro accounts (not sponsored though) so most of my gear I get for a pretty good deal

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √