Trailer Trash

Wacky Wednesday (Read 38 times)

LB2

SRD, really a URD that I made an SRD because I knew this weather would be rough today.

QOTD: I am at a loss today...

LB2

Marley and I had another nice but short , 2 mile, trail run. It was a pretty hard effort for being so short due to difficult trail conditions.

I have a root canal scheduled for this afternoon. I am not looking forward to it, but it will be nice if it resolves the problem since I have had a lot of pain on and off for the last few weeks.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Supposed to get up to 34* today, so should be nice run over lunch in the "heat wave".

QOTD:  Where is the current "go to" trail system for most of your runs?  (Please include a link if you can, I love exploring.)

Michaux Forest - The maps section is great.  AT runs through here for almost 40 miles.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

(last night)...I just don't feel it.  What excuse can I come up with to not run tonight? I got school work to do! Nah...I don't want to do that either.  I am getting sick.....nah I haven't been sick in a long time.  It's too cold...nah it's a balmy 17 which is just fine.  OK ok...I will admit it...I just don't "feel" it.  Finish the school work I did not want to do, get my gear on and head out for 5.5 miles.  Was a good run after all.

TT - good to see you back out there.  No residual symptoms from your concussion I hope.

QOTD: Not sure I have just one go to run.  It all depends on time of year, weather conditions etc but here are a few:

Darlington Trail - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlington_Trail - hard to get to in bad road conditions based upon where the trail heads are located

Boyd Big Tree Preserve - http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/boydbigtreepreserve/  - good winter running

Appalachian Trail - anything between Boiling Springs and Blue Mountain - I will use for LRs

The "Buzzards" Course - http://lrrclub.org/_archive/buzzardscue.htm - Not one I get to much but one of my favs.  I plan on getting out there for the baby buzzards (16 miles) in the next 3-4 weeks.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

another rest day.  Just can't seem to shake this cold.  I really want to go out for a run, but I know deep down that it is not a good idea.   And now the other kiddo is now coming down with it.    But, I'm posting today because it is a great qotd.

which is Rock Creek Park-- lots of options and who would have thought such a slice of wilderness would be right in the middle of DC?  Unless it's a gorgeous weekend day,  you can usually have the trails (mostly) to yourself.  Same thing with my other go to trail system on the outside of the Beltway, Northwest Branch Park.  Both are just a 5 min drive and I never get bored of them.

Have a great Wednesday, folks!

XtremeTaper

Forecast here is similar to AT's.. a balmy 30 degrees! I will hit the road at lunchtime for 7-8 miles, then maybe spin the Lady around the block in the evening for 3 more.

QOTD: Go to places are listed below, though I have a few more.

French Creek I use as a no brainer place for a weekend long run when I don't feel like travelling. I can get 3-5 hours in there easy without repeating any sections. I also have many 8-10 mile loops over there for evening runs in the lighter months. French Creek is also adjacent to Birdsboro Waters, so can hook up there for more miles and variety.

French Creek State Park

Coventry Woods is a go to place for shorter weekday runs with some fantastic climbs but also fast sections. I have some 6-7 mile loops there, plus some hilly twisty 8-12 mile out/back routes.

Coventry Woods Park

Green Lane Reservoir is another go to place for shorter weekday runs (5-8 miles) or a longer run (13-16) around the entire lake. During hunting season it's the place to go as it's a no hunting park.

Green Lane Reservoir

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TT - good to see you back out there.  No residual symptoms from your concussion I hope.

Thanks, I am feeling pretty well again.

QOTD: Loch Raven Reservoir is where we run most often here.  We also run in Gunpowder State Park sometimes.

http://lochraventrails.com/

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/pdfs/gunpowder_parkguide.pdf 

Once we are moved to Tallahassee our closest trails will be the trails interconnecting Governer's Park. Tom Brown Park, and a couple other parks.  It looks like we will be able to run right from the house as long as we are willing to run 1/3 of a mile on the road.  We have only run a few of those trails while visiting my daughter and son in law and  I am looking forward to exploring some new trails there.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Heading out for a quick 4-5 miler here in a few minutes. I'd like to go a little longer but there is that four letter word that I have to attend to early this afternoon, work, yuck. It's one of my rare 8 hour shifts, but I'd rather spend the day at home.

runtrail - If it's just in your head the cold air will clean it out. If it's in your chest breathing in all the cold air will knock the crap loose and freeze the germs.  About the only time I don't run with a cold is if I have a fever.

QOTD:  The eastern part of Shade Mtn is part of the Bald Eagle State forest. There is a road that runs along the top of the mtn with a few spur trials off to the side. Sometimes I'll do a bunch of hill repeats, otherwise the trails are really short.

Sometimes in early spring I'll hit the AT starting at the Susquehanna heading east.

My go to trail is the one that the Dam Half marathon is run on. A few other trails in the area that I can add in to get a nice long run in. Only downside is it's difficult to totally avoid some roads.  Map of the full marathon  course.  http://midpenntrailblazers.com/trail-race-events/damhalf/Dam%20full%20map_final.pdf  This might bring up views of both races http://midpenntrailblazers.com/trail-race-events/damhalf/course.html

This is a nice race that's held every September. Some technical sections, but overall not as difficult as Hyner, Rothrock etc.

Sandy-2

Another early morning city run, 5 miles today.  Today I ran to the Vatican and back. I won't tell you that it got up to 60* here today.

qotd: there is a trail system with a trailhead about 1/2 mile run from my apartmeapartnt. My go to run is the first 5 miles up the big hill of the run shown here.  This plot is my go to 17 miler. (Maybe you will need to switch to satilight mode to see it.)

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/596049838

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

some call me Tim

Yeah, some rising temps here as well. Yesterday turned out an URD for me as the 18" snowpack on the 'driveway' started to give out and my truck slid off the side and then couldn't get back up... there was *much* shoveling. Anyway, today was a scheduled treadmill day (STD?!) and I got in 7.

qotd: Great idea, AT. No super long trails close by, but this one's a favorite- pretty flat, but incredibly technical. The link is to the local MTB club's info on it. They built it, they trash it, they fix it. I have mixed feelings:
                      http://www.wnymba.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24&Itemid=348

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got up early enough to run but it was a chilly 40 degrees out so I stacked wood instead but have my running clothes for 5 lunchtime miles.

QOTD: Hirshman Trail...I work at the government center at the end of the trail and this has been my daily lunch run.

My morning runs are bootleg trails that take me into Empire Mine  I can put together a nice 16 mile loop running through Empire Mine which is nice because of the hills it's challenging so you get a work out like a 20 mile run and no driving.  Longer runs are done else where.

Oh AT:  My lunch run will probably be in the 60's...have shorts and a t-shirt.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run yet, and it might end up as a rest day in between work, doc's appointments, and kids. I still hope to get in some miles in the evening.

TT: Good luck with that root canal... 

Jamie: Way to plough through it!

QOTD: Right now, mostly around Rothrock State Forest, starting at the Tussey Mountain Ski Area, or at Shingletown, combining the trails there in wild varieties. http://2pedal.com/sites/default/files/field/field_2nd_img/Rothrock%20North%20v2%20mini.jpg

When I don't have much time, I run just out and back from my home on the bike path, which does not have winter maintenance (and therefore makes for a great workout).

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Blargendarg:  That likes like a beautiful forest to run in.

RuntrailDC:  I was in DC...which I had know about this trail then.  Smile  I ran around the monuments.  Which park was the park in which the politicians murdered girlfriend was found?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got a whole lotta nothing today.  SRD.

QOTD: I run a lot of miles on various sections of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail.  http://www.iceagetrail.org/

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

I made the QOTD it's own thread and added all of the answers so far.

Hopefully anyone lurking will jump in and we can get a nice list going.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!