Trailer Trash

Father's Day Sundaily (Read 33 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning and happy Father's Day to all the dads here!

Had an awesome run yesterday afternoon. I ran for almost two hours and felt like I could have gone further. Planning the same for later today. The weather has been great for running. Warm temps and low humidity. It sounds like many of you run in very high humidity. I'm  sure it will happen here too...right now though these conditions ate great.

Qotd: what are the small,incidental malfunctions or circumstances that annoy you during a run? Yesterday I was wearing a pair of capris that would not stay up. I pent the first 30 minutes of the run stopping to adjust them and the waist pack I was wearing in hopes that it would help. The pack also was coming off. I considered, for a moment, taking the pants off for the run, but decided (to the benefit of the two people I saw later) that it was not a good option. I eventually found an acceptable solution. Those capris are off my running wear option list now.

I hope you all have a great day today!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

My string of bad luck continues with the Bryce 100. I ended my day early due to a wonky ankle that came as a result of a technical descent on loose rock. I tried hard to convince myself that I could walk it off, but it wasn't getting any better with time and mileage. 2014 is turning to shit.

I'm going to head out later and see how it feels. Not sure what I'll get done today.

QOTD: I have three identical headlamps. One of them will randomly stop working while I'm running. I keep thinking I've fixed it, but clearly I haven't.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy Father's Day everyone Smile

Headed out for a 15 mile run in the mountains, hoping we don't have to buck too much snow.  Have been looking forward to this run all week

Lace- sorry to hear about your ankle, injuries suck-plain and simple.

qotd: forgetting to replenish my tp on my morning runs, natural materials make you very thankful for having tp Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Morning trailers!  Bailed on my planned run with a friend this morning.  Ate something yesterday that was 'funny', but I kept on eating (who does that?!?).    The stomach is settling down so I'm looking for an evening 4 miles with DS.

qotd:  nothing big comes to mind.  Clothing is usually my biggest annoyance-- and I get rid of those pretty quick.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Mornong, and happy father's day to all dads and granddads! 5 last night, and 6 this morning. The double yesterday went better than expected, and today my legs were tired only on the first mile. But I had an embarrassing incident happen to me this morning: I managed to fall full length into the one and only mud puddle along the way! Emerged looking like a swamp monster, and if you hear any reports about sasquatch sightings in central PA today, it probably was just me, continuing on my run.I see it as a healthy mud package, and Kneipp cold water treatment (it was 42 degrees at 5 a.m.!!), so I did a lot for my maintaining my beauty and health this morning! (Insert face slapping smiley here). Kelly: sorry about your streak of mishaps. It sucks, but it will be over some day! QOTD: my glasses slipping and sliding off my nose constantly when I forget to put on a croakie. On a recent run, I estimated I must have pushed them back up 700 times! And yesterday, a hat was bothering me so much by always tilting up that after a mile, I dumped it into a trashcan. Felt much better afterward. Enjoy the day, everyone!

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Father's day.  My 3 kids are all out of town and DW is resting a sore ankle, so I had a solo run today.  Probably close to 12 miles when all was said and done, since I did some exploring along the way.

QOTD:  The only thing that really gets me annoyed is spider webs.  When it gets pretty bad, I'll do out and back runs so i know at least 1/2 my run with be web free.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Just finished 15 hot miles..left around 10:30 so finished at 1:30 the heat of the day.

Qotd:  when I'm tired it pisses me off when Earl pulls on the leash ... He gets a new name and it starts with F and ends wit her!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Qotd:  when I'm tired it pisses me off when Earl pulls on the leash ... He gets a new name and it starts with F and ends wit her!

You call your dog Father 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

perfect for the day..

You call your dog Father 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄