Trailer Trash

What the Wednesday (Read 30 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I had a nice run with my oldest DS last night although going right after dinner not a good idea.  He is getting a side stitch.  We need to crank the training up a bit though.  Then I had a nice 3 mile tempo later last night.  Will take today off.

QOTD: What habits of other people really tick you off?

I am fairly certain we have asked this before, probably multiple time, but it came up twice in the last two days that my biggest irritation occurred in front of me - someone flicking a cig butt out their car window.  I do not know why but this gets me more than other types of littering although I do not like any of it.

Anyone here smoke or has smoked in the past? How hard is it to put the butt in the ash tray and throw away later??? Drives me 

Have a great hump day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I ran the 10k loop last night at Coventry Woods which is the loop for the 6 hour race on Sunday. Pretty hot last night but felt decent in the woods. Sort of marked out short sections I will walk so as to not break down too badly. Might take a rest day today and get the lawn mowed after work, then drink beer and do a cannon ball or into the pool.

QOTD: Left lane drivers on the interstates. Get out of the left lane. Pass, move to the right. Don't sit there and pace somebody in the left hand lane. Yeah, you are going to pass that car a mile ahead but the way you are moving it's going to take you 10 minutes. Move over dammit. Idiot.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

6 miles 50 min Echo Mt.  Cool front comming!  5K sat. in Asheville. Not sure if I want to run it. Hilly 5ks aren't much fun.

QOTD  drivers who coast thru four way stops when they are makeing a rt turn. or don't stop at all.

Registration  for Shut In Trail race starts aug. 1st. This is a hard race to get into because of 180 runner cut off.

You have to mail or del by hand to Just Runnin. There will be 30 or more runners waiting for the store to open.

muppy

11.1 muggy miles on the rail trail yesterday.

QOTD I quit smoking a few years ago,but I would just put them in the ashtray, it's not that hard.

I despise litterbugs! I'm also not fond of people that tailgate me even though  I'm going over the speed limit and there's a car in front of me.  What makes me feel better isI will wash  the dead bugs from my windshield for about 30 seconds and watch the mist go back and hit their car.

some call me Tim

GUILTY - yeah, I didn't often smoke in the car, but during the 20 years I smoked, I threw an awful lot of butts down. It was only in the final few years that I'd roll the filter between thumb and forefinger to eject the last bit of burning tobacco to be stomped and throw the remainder in the trash. Looking back, considering it's a habit so thoughtless to yourself it's not surprising that thoughtlessness extends to others and the world around. I'm a bit past 3 years quit now and much better for it.

10 planned for today, hopefully on the big home trail loop, but it's not hot enough yet!

qotd: Insincerity... a big fake smile and superficial way of relating. To some degree this is a kind of culturally expected thing and I'm not above talking about the weather as a conversation starter, but some people elevate this kind of image grooming to the point where real connection is simply impossible. Gross.

DigDug2

I think I'm taking a SRD - haven't taken a day off on a couple of weeks, think my body needs one.  Plus it's really hot and humid.  And I'm hungry and don't want to wait to eat lunch.

QOTD:  lots of driving-related annoyances:  people who drive too slow, people who drive too fast, people who text/talk/eat while they're driving and don't pay attention to the road, people who swing wide to the left when they're turning right, people who drive down the shoulder when there's bumper-to-bumper traffic, stupid "aren't I fabulous?" bumper stickers.

runtraildc

3.5 miles this morning. A set of gills would have been really helpful since the lungs didn't seem to work as well in the 100% humidity.   Not raining, misting or even foggy, but everything was wet and dripping.  Slippery, too.  We get humid here, but this is deep south humidity.

qotd:  This is a newer pet peeve for me, but drivers on cell phones.  Whenever I see someone driving 10 miles below the speed limit, weaving in their lane or somehow driving erratically, nearly 100% of the time they are on their phone.    if they got off their phone and paid attention to the other phone talking drivers, they would realize how dangerously they are driving.  But then again, everyone is always their exception.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Biked to work, will probably not run until the race Saturday- the weather is going to be suckville-mid 90's is what they are calling for; this is where getting up at 4:00 am to run is not going to pay off at all

qotd:  litters probably top shitty drivers by a little bit, in my old job I was death on litters; I had a special surprise for those that threw cig butts out the window- the fine for littering was $135, the fine for throwing "lit material" out a window was $335

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Don't think I'll run today. It's too hot.

NHLA - Added you NC trails, thanks.

QOTD:  Trail litter!!! Drives me crazy that someone would be out enjoying nature and then decide to throw their crap on the ground.  Jamie witnessed me carrying some jerks Gatorade bottle that they dumped up on a beautiful trail vista.  WTF.  (By the way, Jamie, I remembered to stop and pick it up on my way home and the creek crossing was fun.)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

QOTD:  Trail litter!!! Drives me crazy that someone would be out enjoying nature and then decide to throw their crap on the ground.  Jamie witnessed me carrying some jerks Gatorade bottle that they dumped up on a beautiful trail vista.  WTF.  (By the way, Jamie, I remembered to stop and pick it up on my way home and the creek crossing was fun.)

It's too bad we had not run by the areas you pointed out that you would take a dip in later in the run.  I would have gladly jumped in.

A few weeks ago, I finished up a LR on the AT and had multiple water bottles that people littered stuffed everywhere in my nathan pack.

So I think the consensus so far is that littering and bad driving are bad....so those that are littering while driving bad better beware! 

Warden - that is a big hike in a fine for the lit stuff but it is understandable with the risk for Forrest fires.  Wish we could fine like that here!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

6 tonight/this evening...

QOTD: Mainly, people who litter get on my nerves, especially when they come to "experience nature" and litter. During a 100 mile race, I do understand that people are going to accidentally drop things like a GU wrapper or something, especially late in a race. Most people who do those types of events are not litterbugs. I am talking about the garden variety douche bag who is out for a leisurely stroll and just throws stuff on the ground.

LB2

Gator eye

6 recovery miles, I felt stiff and out of step for the first 3 miles. Probably better take a rest day tomorrow I've been hitting it hard lately.

As as a former smoker I'm guilty as charged. Ten years ago when I smoked I never gave throwing the butt out the window much thought.

QOTD. People that pass or pull out in front of me only to make a left hand turn a quarter mile down the road.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Not running today because I was really tired this morning and Mandy pointed out yesterday I could take a break.  Can't run tonight need to grocery shop, pack up for camping at three days music festival, and go to the street fair.  Oh I am going to the gym for core at lunch though.  Seems like a lot of us are resting today.

QOTD:  I can't stand mouth noises; chew like a pig, snapping gum, sucking air through teeth, the sound of dry mouth etc...   ewwww! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Probably no run today, due to lack of time.

Sadly I'll miss out on a glorious heat run, but we'll grill for dinner, so I guess I'll be getting my heat fix there.

QOTD: Lots of things when I'm driving; essentially everything that's not as perfect as my own driving. 

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

I woke up to the sound of a leaf blower at 7 am. Turns out the driveway sealers had stopped by to seal the correct driveway. On Monday they sealed my upper driveway. The only problem is that is the one the paving division is supposed to be redoing  later .  Oh well, their fault, so it didn't cost me anything more to have them come back. and do the correct one. I did stick around a little to make sure they did things right this time.

So in the end I got out on the trails a little later than I wanted to. By that time the heat was rising. Had planned on 12.5 miles of hill repeats. In the end I cut out the last hill and ran/walked some flat stuff. The humidity wasn't too bad but the Temp was about 90 and I was up high so there were no creeks to cool off in.

NHLA - Feel free to send some of that cool front up here!!!

QOTD:  Peoples left lane driving, littering and cracking gum certainly get on my nerves, but I'll throw another one in the mix.  I hate it when people at work come into the lounge and change the TV to a political channel .  I tend to be a free thinker and very independent minded. As such I pretty much hate both major political parties and it drives me nuts when people need someone else to tell them what to think.