Trailer Trash

the tuesdaily! (Read 32 times)

Birdwell

Morning Folks!

I hit the pool/rec center for a little swimming and weightlifting. No running planned for today.

Last nights planned 5 miles at the track turned into 3 miles. I got to shovel 4 inches of snow off the inside lane of the track to make it runnable.

I'm glad we get really dry, light fluffy snow.

QOTD: pass

Morning!  I'm in the full throes of taper madness.  I have today off, so I'll be packing (and repacking) my bags for Rocky Raccoon.  I'll also get in some sort of easy run, probably about 4-5 miles.  My chest cold thankfully seems to have left me, and fortunately I have no other niggles to deal with.

qotd: I got nuttin'!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning! 5 Miles on slushy slippery stuff early this morning.  I wasn't the only one out though with is unusual.

QOTD: Would you ever consider being a Race Director (RD) or assisting a RD to put on a new race?

I would like to put on something in my area - well I think I would rather assist someone else who is the main guy/gal.  Not much trail stuff in my immediate area but plenty of trails.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Birdwell

QOTD: Yes! But preferably the assistant. Or even better, the assistant to the assistant.

I think it would be fun (probably not the right word) to see a race from that side of things.

AT-runner

Tim

Morning folks.  8 miles on some slippery mud/ice trails from the big thaw that is going on today.

Birdwell - enjoy the swim.

EDRW - if cold is going away, all the starts are aligning for RR.  Go get some revenge!

boyjame - sounds like we had same conditions.  I however was alone (as usual) on my trail.

QOTD: Would love to plan a race.  The only problem is I would also want to run it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I took yesterday off.  An easy effort 10 road miles on my schedule for tonight.

qotd:   I have though about it but never stepped up to the plate.  A good friend of mine is currently in the middle of starting a fall trail race with 10 and 20 mile options (10 mile loop).  Seeing the hassle he is going through with permitting from the state (it will be held on public trails) and all of the other hassles makes me think that I don't want to be a RD.  Smile

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

About to head out into the grey, drizzly cold (well, 40 deg seems quite warm now!). I don't know how many miles, I think I'll just wing it.

QOTD: I have given it a thought. Only difficulty would be to get the legal stuff right, what permits one needs, insurances, etc., so it would be good to assist first to learn. Hey, Jamie, maybe we'll organize a Central PA 100-miler (point-to-point) one day!

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Quite the adventure yesterday afternoon. Driving home on what we call here the beltline at rush hour I had a tire blow out at high speed and had to move across 3 lanes of traffic to get to a safe spot to deal with it. That vehicle got a little squirrly at that speed and almost into a sideways slide. Not cool. Boy, in a blink of an eye how fast things can happen. Tire and wheel both shredded. New wheel won't get here until tomorrow so I'm again driving DW's car and will be out $375.00. Kind of wrecked my cheery disposition but happy I didn't roll that sucker.

So tempo today. I will try to burn off my frustration.

QOTD-- Have thought about it and discussed it with my running bud a number of times. I have the perfect 50k course on state land in northern Wi. The problem is I just want to be the visionary on it and don't want to deal with all organization. I think the initial set up to do it right could be an overwhelming task.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hey, Jamie, maybe we'll organize a Central PA 100-miler (point-to-point) one day!

Yeah ok...way to think big.  Although I would love to see a 100 miler in central PA.  Too many good trails to not have one.  I can't even fathom the differences in organizing a 50k or under versus a 100 miler (multi day event).  I would think it takes a special person(s) to pull that off.  Kudos to all RDs.

And ATrunner - I know a bunch of races where the RDs do run the race.  Hyner comes to mind.  Big race for a trail race (1200+ people) but the RD does the 25k (they also have a 50k version).  I think to do that you have to have a really good team to pull it off.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier -- very scary; glad to hear you were able to get to the side of the road safely!

qotd: Weegee and I are RDs for two races (Dizzy Daze, a 12-hour race in March, and the Wattle Waddle, a half/full on Thanksgiving Day).  Both are pretty lowkey -- no more than 150 runners -- but it still takes a ton of work.  I keep saying "never again," but then the positive comments we hear from runners keep us coming back for more!  We also have helped out with another race in the summer (I'm the volunteer coordinator, Weegee helps with planning and race-day logistics), but this year I won't be able to since I'll be focusing on my training for Cascade Crest.

AT-runner

Tim

Quite the adventure yesterday afternoon. Driving home on what we call here the beltline at rush hour I had a tire blow out at high speed and had to move across 3 lanes of traffic to get to a safe spot to deal with it. That vehicle got a little squirrly at that speed and almost into a sideways slide. Not cool. Boy, in a blink of an eye how fast things can happen. Tire and wheel both shredded. New wheel won't get here until tomorrow so I'm again driving DW's car and will be out $375.00. Kind of wrecked my cheery disposition but happy I didn't roll that sucker.

Glad you're safe.  I'm an eternal optimist, so $375 sure beats the hell out of the alternative!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Glad you're safe.  I'm an eternal optimist, so $375 sure beats the hell out of the alternative!

+1 Be safe!

I am home with a sick child (and I got the fever as well), so probably nada for me today unless I feel better this evening. At least I got in 10 yesterday ...

under a rock

I started my day off at the Chrio getting some graston and ART done to my left achilles since it was sore after my sunday long run. So this week will be an unscheduled rest week. He also told me I should scrap my 10 mile trail race on the 9th. The positive is that I'm cleared to walk my usual 30 min daily walk and can test my leg out next monday with an easy and flat 2-3 miles.

QOTD: My friend is organizing a trail race for the first time, 5k and 10 miler. I've done some small things to help her but mostly been a sounding board for ideas. I'll be doing whatever she needs me to on race day. I've told her I'm willing to take the jobs that nobody wants.

Another SRD due to another long work day, but I am off until next Monday Smile

QOTD: Probably not.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Wandering Wally

Rested yesterday.  Planning 5-6 miles super easy tonight.  I'm ordering a hear rate monitor today and am going to add heart rate as a dimension to my training soon.

QOTD - No.  It's not really my area of expertise.  I appreciate what RD's do, but I just don't think I would be very good at it.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast